What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Plati vs Klatt

Best thread in weeks.

Its time to get new license plates, I wonder if "FUKKlat" is already taken. I better hurry before Plati gets time first.

I know a guy who plates that said NO DKHDS because he told them it meant no deckhands. They asked for them back a couple weeks later.

I know a guy who plates that said NO DKHDS because he told them it meant no deckhands. They asked for them back a couple weeks later.

There's a guy in my neighborhood who has, "BMFIC". It turns out that it's also the first letter of his kids' names, so he sold he sold the DMV on it.

Am I the only one who is downright sick and tired of this idea that guys like Klatt can **** all over the University because they played ****ing football?

How many people have got degrees from CU? How many people have donated to the University (athletic and otherwise)? How many people were fans of the University well before they even heard of Alfred Williams, Charles Johnson and Joel Klatt?

It ****ing drives me nuts that the rest of us who realize that the University is so much more than a few privileged individuals are supposed to shut up and defer to a group of assholes who think it's okay to **** all over our school just because they played a sport here?

I love the Buffs. I spend money on them, I donate, and I used to be a season ticket holder before I got tired of the bull**** product. Tell me why I am not allowed to have an opinion.

:stupid:

i also get pissed when they decry fans as less knowledgeable because they "didn't play the game." Hell, Charlie Weiss never played the game.

Am I the only one who is downright sick and tired of this idea that guys like Klatt can **** all over the University because they played ****ing football?

How many people have got degrees from CU? How many people have donated to the University (athletic and otherwise)? How many people were fans of the University well before they even heard of Alfred Williams, Charles Johnson and Joel Klatt?

It ****ing drives me nuts that the rest of us who realize that the University is so much more than a few privileged individuals are supposed to shut up and defer to a group of assholes who think it's okay to **** all over our school just because they played a sport here?

I love the Buffs. I spend money on them, I donate, and I used to be a season ticket holder before I got tired of the bull**** product. Tell me why I am not allowed to have an opinion.

Yeah but Klatt was the best QB in CU history!!!!! (according to Klatt).

There is a definite entitlement mentality that is common among current and former players. I see it a lot through their parents, who sit in our section. Comments like "when did you play?"

There is a definite entitlement mentality that is common among current and former players. I see it a lot through their parents, who sit in our section. Comments like "when did you play?"

That is disgusting in my opinion. That is bush league, high-school jock mentality.

You do know that Plati works for Mike Bohn, right? He is just defending his job? How did Bohn and Plati let this leak happen?

So your saying Joel, CJ, and Alfred and any other former Buff who was successful - and yes, all three had successful careers at CU - should criticize Mike Bohn and the great job he's done as AD? Are you then saying that Mike Bohn has done a competent job and that the last several days haven't been a complete cluster #*($&%?

Those CU alumni care more about the program in their pinky fingers than most people combined on this board. They would do anything the University asked them to do. They are only disloyal to a completely incompetent buffoon by the name of Mike Bohn. They know the constant variable in the program's downfall over the past 7 years. And I guarantee that most football alumni are saying the same things privately...the only reason that you know what Joel, CJ and Alfred think is because they are paid to express their opinions to a mass audience.

1.) Alfred and CJ won a national title. Alfred is a college football hall of famer who had an illustrious NFL career. Klatt? Well, he won a big 12 north title. Led us to a 70-3 bowl game loss, beat UTEP in the Houston Bowl, got worse after he was awarded a scholarship and made it like 11 days on a pre-season nfl roster. I think his record was maybe four/five games over .500?

2.) Wrong. "We played so we care/know more than you." well pony up some of those nfl millions then, or maybe part with of your on-air salary that your supposedly qualified for because you played for CU. I don't think donations necessarily mean you care more but try to help your university somehow if you care so much about it, not help contribute to tearing it down.

I just sent an E-mail to the program director at the fan explaining that I will not listen to their station until Klatt is off the air. I will be sending copies to their sponsors as well.

The part that is inexplicable about this in Klatt's case is the same part that was inexplicable about Embree's conduct at a certain point: they are hurting themselves long term here. They need a friend to just say: "Shut up before you do more damage".

You can't even blame it on Klatt's media job because destroying his credibility doesn't help him as a media commodity either. This is flat out stupid behavior and he's going to pay the price long term for it. He needs someone to sit him down and point out that he's not a retired older guy like McCartney who can afford to drag his reputation through the mud if he wants to (because he's not going to need it again to make a living). Klatt is going to reap the whirlwind for along time because of this...and for what? What's there to gain? Stupid. All downside, no upside.

This is all rooted in loyalty to Embree and wanting their hire to work out. Yet, Klatt & Co. spin it as love for the university.

That's the part that outsiders don't understand. The average radio listener believes Klatt, CJ and Al are genuine in their motives, when they are in fact very self-serving.

Oops. Sorry about that one. Its a well known fact that our explayers guve very little back in the way of money. Klatt would be in the basically 0 category. So until he can act like a donor and supporter i have luttle interest in a medicore college players opinion. The university would second that. You are all giving Klatt too much credit with howch sway he has over the national perception of our school. He didnt dostinguish himself on the field as a player and being a mid market sports radio hack doesnt exactly scream national attention. Think he is a blow hard and cokldnt stand him or his coach when tey were at cu but wouldnt consider him important enough to damage us. Best advice ignore him and hope cj and alfred get their wits about them soon.

I think there is a lot more to this story. We may well find out that Jones was a bad guy who manipulated this situation. Bad on the AD for being used? Okay, that's a fair criticism (if true).

But unless Joel understands the source of the leak, Plati is right, he should probably shut the **** up.

You might be blowing this out of proportion. The company flew the dude out for an interview and then gave him an offer. He turned it down a few days later. That only happens every day in the rest of the world. Not that big of a deal. He did what he thought was best for him. You do what's best for you.

This is all rooted in loyalty to Embree and wanting their hire to work out. Yet, Klatt & Co. spin it as love for the university.

That's the part that outsiders don't understand. The average radio listener believes Klatt, CJ and Al are genuine in their motives, when they are in fact very self-serving.
:pcguru: (people responding to Klatt's Twitter posts)

Not going to be "self-serving" by the time this all plays out. Klatt's going to find out that while he may hurt CU a little now (although I assume that's not his motive) he's going to do a lot more damage to himself. It's the very opposite of "self-serving". He's going to be a CU grad hated by Colorado fans. Reading his tweets I just keep shaking my head. Quarterback is supposed to be the smart position in football
:doh:

Last edited:
You might be blowing this out of proportion. The company flew the dude out for an interview and then gave him an offer. He turned it down a few days later. That only happens every day in the rest of the world. Not that big of a deal. He did what he thought was best for him. You do what's best for you.

I began with a number of qualifiers.

It's okay to get an offer and shop it around. That's business.

But here's a case where Jones and Agent MAY have agreed to the CU job verbally (twice) and then contrived a situation which permitted Jones to back out with apparent cause and pursue another opportunity.

First off, shame on Jones (if my speculation is at all accurate)--if you give the verbal okie-dokie, you should follow through. But also shame on Bohn and Co. for permitting themselves to enable those actions. It doesn't portray the AD's business savvy favorably.

That was my only point.

I began with a number of qualifiers.

It's okay to get an offer and shop it around. That's business.

But here's a case where Jones and Agent MAY have agreed to the CU job verbally (twice) and then contrived a situation which permitted Jones to back out with apparent cause and pursue another opportunity.

First off, shame on Jones (if my speculation is at all accurate)--if you give the verbal okie-dokie, you should follow through. But also shame on Bohn and Co. for permitting themselves to enable those actions. It doesn't portray the AD's business savvy favorably.

That was my only point.

I agree if the guy said yes and then bailed. That is irresponsible.

Didn't Hawkins use the same logic when Klatt was blasting him? I think the words he used were "How many games has he [Klatt] coached?" Klatt lost it and went off about how that was irrelevant.

:stupid:

i also get pissed when they decry fans as less knowledgeable because they "didn't play the game." Hell, Charlie Weiss never played the game.

I agree in concept, DBT, but you need to find a better example than fat Charlie. He was 1-11 this year and didn't exactly light the world on fire at Notre Dame. In fact he really has been average at best when not paired with Belechik.

I agree in concept, DBT, but you need to find a better example than fat Charlie. He was 1-11 this year and didn't exactly light the world on fire at Notre Dame. In fact he really has been average at best when not paired with Belechik.

Mike Leach never played football.

I cut Al some slack for a couple of reasons. One is that he has never made any attempt at pretending like he isn't biased. Al played for the Buffs as one of those guys who was completely and totally invested emotionally, his best years in the pros he did the same thing. If you ask him now he won't try to pretend like he is objective. Embree and EB are good friends of his, he will tell you that he will always stand by his teammates through thick and thin and this is what he is doing now.

Secondly he will also freely admit that his best friend, a guy he considers to be family in Kanavis, was a part of the Embree staff and is likely losing his job.

A lot (huge majority) of what Al says in defense of Embree is flat out wrong but at least he is honest in admitting where it comes from. I can respect that and him while still disagreeing with him.

Klatt on the other hand tries to project this image as a media pro, an evaluator of the facts and situation and an objective observer. He refuses to admit that he was part of why Embree got hired and that it didn't work and wasn't going to work.

Al is a guy who is earnest, honest, and wrong. Klatt is an egotistical bag of B.S. who is wrong. One of those I can deal with, the other isn't worth my time at this point.

I cut Al some slack for a couple of reasons. One is that he has never made any attempt at pretending like he isn't biased. Al played for the Buffs as one of those guys who was completely and totally invested emotionally, his best years in the pros he did the same thing. If you ask him now he won't try to pretend like he is objective. Embree and EB are good friends of his, he will tell you that he will always stand by his teammates through thick and thin and this is what he is doing now.

Secondly he will also freely admit that his best friend, a guy he considers to be family in Kanavis, was a part of the Embree staff and is likely losing his job.

A lot (huge majority) of what Al says in defense of Embree is flat out wrong but at least he is honest in admitting where it comes from. I can respect that and him while still disagreeing with him.

Klatt on the other hand tries to project this image as a media pro, an evaluator of the facts and situation and an objective observer. He refuses to admit that he was part of why Embree got hired and that it didn't work and wasn't going to work.

Al is a guy who is earnest, honest, and wrong. Klatt is an egotistical bag of B.S. who is wrong. One of those I can deal with, the other isn't worth my time at this point.

Also Al made it to the college hall of fame due to his time at CU. Klatt... well he had a good game against CSU in the lightening bowl.

Back