What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Plati's Stats.... WTF is with the OLINE grades?

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/toledo09/custats_1.pdf?SPSID=3844&SPID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600

quick thoughts... Dilallo is averaging 43.2 yppunt not bad. Special teams did relatively well (KO return yards only 21 for the lammies!)

liked geers performance (HOORAAY TE back in the game!)... best receiver in the game last night for us (6 for 65)

Holy **** Jsmith got 12 tackles? :wow:

Oline...
ADKINS ....................... 61 61 2 0 2 75% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 0 (0) 0
GIVENS ....................... 61 61 1 0 1 84% / Colorado State 1 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0
ILTIS ............................ 6 6 0 0 0 …………………….. 0 / none 0 (0) 0
MILLER ....................... 61 61 1 0 0 79% / Colorado State 1 / Colorado State 0 (0) 0
SOLDER ...................... 61 61 2 0 0 89% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0
STEVENS..................... 56 56 1 0 ½ 85% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0

WTF stevens graded out 2d highest? Something is wrong here....Oh and Solder the highest even tho he also got toasted all night? 2 sacks for adkins... yech.

Here is an ugly looking stat....​

THIRD-FOURTH DOWN RUSHING 3/4-&-1
Player Att. FD Pct. Yards Avg. TD Att. FD
Demetrius Sumler .................. 1 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0- 1
THIRD-FOURTH DOWN PASSING
Player Att-Com-Int Pct. Yards FD TD Long Sacked
Cody Hawkins ................. 13- 8- 1 61.5 55 4 1 20 3/28

1 rushing attempt on 3rd/4th down (I think we all remember that fourth down nightmare...), 13 pass attempts?? 13 of 14 plays on 3rd and 4th down are in the air?? That's a formula for offensive failure right there. Shows one of two things (or a combination of both) - either consistently in long yardage situations, or a complete lack of faith in their ability to pick up short yardage situations on the ground. Either will kill you....

How do miller and solder get all this praise, especially solder and he keeps getting beat on the edge?

How do miller and solder get all this praise, especially solder and he keeps getting beat on the edge?

I didn't think Solder was that great last year but I put that up to youth and inexperience.. He needs to pick it up..

Not sure about Miller.. I didn't notice him getting consistently beat like Adkins but buffacholic said he saw Miller get beat on tape.. Who knows, since its a team game and the OL has to play as a group, I give them an overall grade of F.. Screw what the individual grades say. OL play is team play, not individual play. This ain't tennis and golf. Plati, Johnson, Hawk, Cartman and whomever can put any great grade they want on Sunday's game, bottom line is I've been watching football for years and I know when I see when OL's are getting manhandled.. We got manhandled by a mid-level Mountain West team.. Embarrassing.

I didn't think Solder was that great last year but I put that up to youth and inexperience.. He needs to pick it up..

Not sure about Miller.. I didn't notice him getting consistently beat like Adkins but buffacholic said he saw Miller get beat on tape.. Who knows, since its a team game and the OL has to play as a group, I give them an overall grade of F.. Screw what the individual grades say. OL play is team play, not individual play. This ain't tennis and golf. Plati, Johnson, Hawk, Cartman and whomever can put any great grade they want on Sunday's game, bottom line is I've been watching football for years and I know when I see when OL's are getting manhandled.. We got manhandled by a mid-level Mountain West team.. Embarrassing.

This OL has gotten more praise and hype than the OL 89-90,94 and 2001 and don't even compare. This makes me think johnson and staff are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent.

Not that it matters....but anytime an OL gets a grade below 90%...generally indicates that he didn't play well.

These grades look about right from what I saw.

Back