What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Play CSU twice a year?

I think that right now this idea looks good because csu is playing good ball. Who knows if they will be in 2 years or not. Like everyone else, I'd like to see more western teams on the schedule, Esp UNM. ABQ is close enough, the lobos are usually pretty good and wont do damage to our rpi. There were a lot of front range teams that did well this year, but no one will know if that's a flash in the pan or not. wyoming looked good early, but then they started to unravel after that kid kicked a guy who was knocked out cold in the jaw and broke it.
Airforce also had a good year, but I think that kid that scored like 45 against csu is a senior, so who knows what they'll be like in a year.

I think that right now this idea looks good because csu is playing good ball. Who knows if they will be in 2 years or not. Like everyone else, I'd like to see more western teams on the schedule, Esp UNM. ABQ is close enough, the lobos are usually pretty good and wont do damage to our rpi. There were a lot of front range teams that did well this year, but no one will know if that's a flash in the pan or not. wyoming looked good early, but then they started to unravel after that kid kicked a guy who was knocked out cold in the jaw and broke it.
Airforce also had a good year, but I think that kid that scored like 45 against csu is a senior, so who knows what they'll be like in a year.

Yes, Michael Lyons is a senior.

I'm for playing CSU twice in basketball per season. They are our MAIN rival right now since CU and the Nubs split. I will never dismiss CSU going to the Pac-12 or Big 12 in the near future if that stadium gets built. Only CSU and UNM are Pac-12/Big 12 capable when it comes to the academics in the MWC.

I'm for playing CSU twice in basketball per season. They are our MAIN rival right now since CU and the Nubs split. I will never dismiss CSU going to the Pac-12 or Big 12 in the near future if that stadium gets built. Only CSU and UNM are Pac-12/Big 12 capable when it comes to the academics in the MWC.
:rofl:

:lol:

For this kind of idea to make any kind of sense, both teams would have to be regularly top 25... if not top 10-15 type of programs. As it is, we can schedule other teams.. no reason to play CSU twice in a season. If both programs regularly churned out sweet 16 type teams, with the occasional elite 8 or beyond in there, then we can talk about two games.

I'm all for playing CSU twice this season.

According to my bracket, that would involve an NCAA championship tilt.

Back