What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoff announcement

Memphis brings a bowl tie-in due to the FedEx sponsorship. They'd actually be a pretty good fit.

And the conference will quickly be back to its old problems of North/South imbalance.

North: WVU, Cincy, Memphis, Iowa St, KU, KSU
South: UT, TTU, TCU, Baylor, OU, Okie Lite

They'll get exceptionally strong in basketball, though.

Is an East/West split an option?

I can hear them shouting "Look at us! Look at us!" in FoCo right now.

Pac-12 South was just friggin' nasty this year.

[tweet]541684553924898816[/tweet]

Yes. I know you think the Pac-12 is not very good, but Oregon will take advantage of Winston starting slow.

I think Oregon's only chance in the game is if Winston does in fact start slow. I think if they both play their "A" games, it's FSU 41, Ducks 31.

I think Oregon's only chance in the game is if Winston does in fact start slow. I think if they both play their "A" games, it's FSU 41, Ducks 31.
Is FSU capable of playing their "A" game? Their track record would suggest otherwise.

Is an East/West split an option?

I can hear them shouting "Look at us! Look at us!" in FoCo right now.

No. For the very reason that CU, NU, MU and aTm left the conference. It is controlled by UT and OU. UT & OU will only be in the conference if they play each other every year. OU also must play OSU. And, generally, the 4 programs in Texas have a **** ton of political pressure to maintain the "Go RVing" road trips within the state of Texas for all of their recruiting. Those 6 will stick together because it's good for them (attendance & recruiting), with OU and UT taking the lead.

I don't think the PAC-12 is not good, it's just not as good as its proponents/boosters think it is.

I don't think the PAC-12 is not good, it's just not as good as its proponents/boosters think it is.

Elite speed + best quarterbacks

The 2015 NFL draft will confirm how much talent is in the Pac-12 this season.

Is FSU capable of playing their "A" game? Their track record would suggest otherwise.

Valid question. Their "A" game is great, but they didn't bring it for 60 minutes much of the year. I think they focus now, and I think there was an element of just mailing it in some times. I look at them like an NBA team that turns it on once the playoffs start.

Elite speed + best quarterbacks

The 2015 NFL draft will confirm how much talent is in the Pac-12 this season.

Hey, no argument from me there. Pac-12 ALWAYS has great talent. Better talent than the many of the teams' play on the field, too much of the time.

Valid question. Their "A" game is great, but they didn't bring it for 60 minutes much of the year. I think they focus now, and I think there was an element of just mailing it in some times. I look at them like an NBA team that turns it on once the playoffs start.
Fair point. Along with slow starts, I think Oregon playing on the west coast will be a big advantage. But FSU will be in a good position if it's a true four quarter game.

Memphis brings a bowl tie-in due to the FedEx sponsorship. They'd actually be a pretty good fit.

And the conference will quickly be back to its old problems of North/South imbalance.

North: WVU, Cincy, Memphis, Iowa St, KU, KSU
South: UT, TTU, TCU, Baylor, OU, Okie Lite

Memphis is still ConfUSA quality. Big 12 has a serious geography problem with WVU being so far from the rest of the league though.

And I agree those are some absolutely silly divisions. I mean even CSU could run that north every once in a while. I would think they'd have to split texas up and protect some games. Or at least put OU/OSU in a separate division and protect the Texas/Oklahoma matchup. It's played during the texas state fair in early october so that gets rid of the chance of the same teams playing in the CCG right after a rivalry game

Memphis is still ConfUSA quality. Big 12 has a serious geography problem with WVU being so far from the rest of the league though.

And I agree those are some absolutely silly divisions. I mean even CSU could run that north every once in a while. I would think they'd have to split texas up and protect some games. Or at least put OU/OSU in a separate division and protect the Texas/Oklahoma matchup. It's played during the texas state fair in early october so that gets rid of the chance of the same teams playing in the CCG right after a rivalry game

You need to understand UT and the state politics in Texas. There is absolutely no way that the 6 OK/TX programs will be split up. They all demand 5 conference games a year within OK/TX -- plus regional scheduling of non-conference games so that they never leave that bi-state area for more than 3 games a season. Anything that goes against that will be automatically rejected. Added to that, the Big 12 championship will be played at Jerry World. Non-negotiable.

Big XII got screwed by the absolute suckyness of most of the conference. Outside of TCU,Baylor, and Kitty State who was any good this year. People dog on the ACC but FSU had a tougher conference schedule than the Big can't do math did, especially when you add in a conference championship game.

What this should mean to the B12, although they may be to dense to get it, is that if your conference schedule is going to include Kansas, Iowa State, TT, etc. along with down OU and UT you better schedule somebody OOC with a pulse or get excluded.

the b12 is absolutely getting what they deserve. they'd be smart to try to split ou and texassssssss into different divisions but as noted above they might not do that. this is a dog **** football conference, no matter how hard they try to sell it. tcu and baylor would not be in the top half in the p12 or sec and probably not in big 10-11-12-13-14. they'd be ok in acc.

adding more **** programs like memphis isn't going to help them.

unfortunately, as much as i enjoy watching the carnage, i believe it may eventually lead to the b12 getting cannibalized when the stronger conferences make the jump to 16 and i don't like where we may land, division wise, if the p12 pulls some of these teams.

better for us if the b12 keeps adding **** teams to get to 16. then the p12 can pick up some more geographically attractive programs to get to 16, rather than focusing on cherry picking tv viewers and power programs.

the best possible outcome, i believe, would be if the power 5 all go to 16 teams and we get an 8 team playoff. the 5 conference champs all get an auto invite into the playoffs and then there are 3 at large bid. it would dramatically reduce the bitching.

the best possible outcome, i believe, would be if the power 5 all go to 16 teams and we get an 8 team playoff. the 5 conference champs all get an auto invite into the playoffs and then there are 3 at large bid. it would dramatically reduce the bitching.

i like the current format just fine where one power 5 champ gets left at the altar.

As long as the Pac-16 was set up with pod scheduling for football (grouping CU with UA, ASU & UU), I'm more than happy to see whatever 4 teams from the current Big 12/MWC/C-USA added to best maximize revenue & exposure.

the b12 is absolutely getting what they deserve.

adding more **** programs like memphis isn't going to help them.

unfortunately, as much as i enjoy watching the carnage, i believe it may eventually lead to the b12 getting cannibalized when the stronger conferences make the jump to 16 and i don't like where we may land, division wise, if the p12 pulls some of these teams.

better for us if the b12 keeps adding **** teams to get to 16. then the p12 can pick up some more geographically attractive programs to get to 16, rather than focusing on cherry picking tv viewers and power programs.

if they were smart they'd add UCF and possibly USF, a new recriting territory and. Orlando-tampa is the #4 tv market.

Cincinnati makes the most sense to give WVU a rival and travel partner.

Wrt to playoffs - I CAN'T BELIEVE I have to root for OSU to win it all. The only thing CU has over Oregon right now is their lack of a natty.

if they were smart they'd add UCF and possibly USF, a new recriting territory and. Orlando-tampa is the #4 tv market.

Yes. But I think they're really worried that adding 2 teams does nothing to increase the media revenue pool while adding two pieces to the pie. Throw in the travel for non-revenue sports and it gets dicey. Also, we have seen that conferences seem to be more stable when there's a strong regional affiliation versus a national approach. I think they're going to try to stay primarily a Central Time Zone conference.

Damn.

Can't root for Nike u - dirty money plus johnny-come-lately arrogance

Can't root for blowhio st - same recruiting violations as CU without punishment

Can't root for bammer - that would be like liking forrest gump

That leaves the noles, unless I can find a reason to hate them, too.

Damn.

Can't root for Nike u - dirty money plus johnny-come-lately arrogance

Can't root for blowhio st - same recruiting violations as CU without punishment

Can't root for bammer - that would be like liking forrest gump

That leaves the noles, unless I can find a reason to hate them, too.

If you can't find a reason to hate the Criminoles then you're not trying very hard.

If you can't find a reason to hate the Criminoles then you're not trying very hard.

exactly. i will hold my nose and root for nick satan and the tide. they know what they are and don't make any excuses.

ohio state has the combination of sanctimony, hypocrisy, and dirty tactics to render them the most hated of the 4. they are almost state-penn level, before they got outed for being themselves.

i'm glad the p12 is in the playoff but hating oregon is easy. all the things that money can buy and still haven't won it all. it is in our interest if they continue to underperform.

and fsu is dirty, dirty, dirty.

I like how all traditional powers made it in. Fellas, the ceiling has been raised by TCU not being invited but voted 3 last week.

It's a bit like the nubs getting to play for a MNC with CU on the outside looking in with its Big12 title.

I like how all traditional powers made it in. Fellas, the ceiling has been raised by TCU not being invited but voted 3 last week.

It's a bit like the nubs getting to play for a MNC with CU on the outside looking in with its Big12 title.

You mean Oregon getting screwed out of playing Mijammi in that game. The Ducks deserved that shot. Not CU or the corn.

FSU is used to the hate. they've heard it all year. i'd love for CU to be hared for being good.

Oregon destoying FSU and Bama would end bamas dynasty me thinks.

Back