What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoff announcement

If Oregon would win it all, it would shake up some of the dialogue. SEC fans are the loudest and that drives a lot of stuff in terms of the national conversation. Right now, just about the only program outside the south that SEC fans respect is USC (pre-penalty, but it lingers). Oregon winning would make that 2 Pac-12 teams and that would be enough for putting things in the right perspective: football power has shifted from Big 10 / Big 8 country to the south and west. It would also help this if Ohio State lost to Alabama.

If Oregon would win it all, it would shake up some of the dialogue. SEC fans are the loudest and that drives a lot of stuff in terms of the national conversation. Right now, just about the only program outside the south that SEC fans respect is USC (pre-penalty, but it lingers). Oregon winning would make that 2 Pac-12 teams and that would be enough for putting things in the right perspective: football power has shifted from Big 10 / Big 8 country to the south and west. It would also help this if Ohio State lost to Alabama.

I might be wrong but when people think of Pac-12 powers they think of USC, Oregon , and Colorado.

So glad the Big12 got the fail horn.

I want Bama to lose to OSU to help limit some of this SEC love.

The committee turned out to be schizophrenically entertaining. I think this is awesome. Tide and Ducks win in blowouts, I told you so from TCU and Baylor, closer to the perfect 8 team playoff.

TCU - "How can we be left out, we beat Iowa State by 50?" "That's not impressive enough for you?"

Actually, Patterson was pretty classy and composed in his comments today.

I love that the B12 is on the outside looking in.

I do feel sorry for TCU. Last week they were good enough to be ranked third and this week they win 55-3 and drop to sixth. I'm sure they are saying WTF.

not sure I understand why everyone thinks OU and UT can't be split into separate divisions. That would be a GOOD thing in those fanbases' minds. THen they can meet in the B12 whatever title game every year. The only thing they have to do is make the RRS a guaranteed cross-division game every year - and that's easy.

not sure I understand why everyone thinks OU and UT can't be split into separate divisions. That would be a GOOD thing in those fanbases' minds. THen they can meet in the B12 whatever title game every year. The only thing they have to do is make the RRS a guaranteed cross-division game every year - and that's easy.

Agreed. They can do permanent cross division rival games like some other conferences.

[HIDE]
2014Week15-9.png
[/HIDE]

I love that the B12 is on the outside looking in.

I do feel sorry for TCU. Last week they were good enough to be ranked third and this week they win 55-3 and drop to sixth. I'm sure they are saying WTF.
I don't they blew a 20+ lead to lose a game that was theirs for the taking. They win that, they'd be in.

Good choices. OSU and Bama are playing the best football in the country. The winner of that game will win it all IMO. Oregon's defense is too bad, so I don't see them winning it all. And FSU will actually have to play a team ranked at the end of the year...I don't see them being able to pull 2 rabbits out of their hat to win it all a second year.

OSU 44
Bama 43

Oregon 39
FSU 32

Final
OSU 35
Oregon 18

You heard it here first :lol:

Good choices. OSU and Bama are playing the best football in the country. The winner of that game will win it all IMO. Oregon's defense is too bad, so I don't see them winning it all. And FSU will actually have to play a team ranked at the end of the year...I don't see them being able to pull 2 rabbits out of their hat to win it all a second year.

OSU 44
Bama 43

Oregon 39
FSU 32

Final
OSU 35
Oregon 18

You heard it here first :lol:

I'm very intrigued by Oregon and FSU. Based on this year's results, you would think that Oregon wins relatively easy, but FSU kind of reminds me of an elite NBA team with a superstar player. They kind of loaf through the regular season, but turn it on in the playoffs.

FSU is the one team that has a QB that can probably match Mariotta score for score. The dude is a moron, but he is an all-timer QB on the field. If that FSU talent and defense plays up to their potential, it is possible that Oregon gets thumped.

I like the guy who was caught mid-clap thinking they were about to announce Baylor as the 4-seed. :lol:

Oregon needs to fix their o-line if they don't want to be one and done. I think the committee got it right. B12 set their future when they added WVU, they have to add teams nearby rather than the directional schools from Florida. Texas hasn't won the B12 since 2009, hard to believe really.

Back