1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please. Calm. Down.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RK, Jan 15, 2012.

1. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Ok so we got swept on our hardest road trip of the season. Oh well.
    Please take a deep breath and look at the rest of our schedule.
    First of all we have 2 winnable home games and maybe our easiest road games in our next 3 that would put us at 6-2 going into UCLA and probably in 1st or second place in the conference. After that our only extremely tough road games are Oregon and U of A.
    This is a marathon not a sprint and we can play with anyone in this conference.
    Hopefully Tad learned some things from this trip and will have his rotations together starting with the ASU game.
    This team needs us at home so I will see you all on Thursday night.
    GO BUFFS!

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

misleading title. I thought this was a reply to Burrito's post in the Tebowing thread...

3. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

One thing I want Tad to learn.

1. When the defense is 'hedging' on the perimeter screen, they are 'hedging' very aggressively on CU. Teach Booker and Brown to split the two and the defense will immediately fold. Stanford was getting away with it way too much.

2. CU will be fine. We will probably go 12-6 in conference, but really we are building for 2013 when Booker runs the breaks, Dinwiddie becomes an elite scorer, and our big recruiting class has a year under their belts.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Who is freaking out? I'm not, but then I expected to get crushed on this road trip.

5. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I.Am.Calm.....

In the middle of a barium enema.

6. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

But in the middle we stay calm, we just drop bombs.

7. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I'm calm. Now.

8. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I fail to see panic. A few individuals, mostly on the rivals board, who have been CU basketball fans for the past week may have expected to CRUSH both teams on the road, but most understand where CU is at right now, and how difficult it can be to win on the road. That said, it's disappointing that we let the opportunity at Cal get away from us, and getting pounded up the ass at Stanford is unfortunate because we're certainly better than that. It's a long conference season and we're still right in the thick of it. Let's win these next two at home, and see what our next attempt at getting some wins on a road swing (USC, UCLA) brings us

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Hey I said we were going to go 2-0 on Rivals just because I'm a positive mother****er and pick us to win every game. Cal game wasn't all that disappointing but the way we played against Stanford was very disappointing because of the way we went about it.

We'll beat ASU and UA at home this week and should win them at all home as well as beating USC and hopefully Utah on the road.

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Which one do you want him to learn?

12. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

1st one

13. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

This weekend gets an aggressive shrug from me. Outside of 10 terrible second half minutes on Saturday, the team played alright on its tougest road trip. I'd have preferred a split, but I'm not going to question the meaning of life having watched two consecutive losses.

It's happened before, and it'll happen again. May calm is down and my jet's temperature is just fine.