What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please stay, Coach B

dbt of all the people to make a comment like that... you should be the absolute last person ever to make that comment...
Whatever you say. But urbana comes here and defends bzdelic saying he's making the right move because wake forrest is better than CU and it pisses me off. I'm not sure exactly where you are coming from. I don't think there is a better school in the country than CU. I'd slice my wrists before I'd say another program is better. But that isn't the point of all this. The point is that Bzdelic is a low life little back stabbint rat who deserves not one shred of defense from any Buff fan.

We sound exactly like the AF fans did when Jeff left the Springs. Do you remember what most Buff fans said then?

When he did what he did to AF, it bothered me and I wasn't really high on the hire. I thought he stabbed AF in the back. I didn't buy into him all that much. I also didn't like the way he ran several kids off the team, even though by doing so he upgraded the talent here. And there is no way around the fact that he got the pracice facility built and upgraded the talent here. So, once a weasel always a weasel. We are learning it the hard way just like Washington did when they signed Rick.

I guess I tend to separate loyalty from reality. Wake is a better basketball job than CU. CU is a better football job than Wake. We can play this game with lots of different schools. We need to look at it objectively, because that is the lens that some coaches look through. Some have no loyalty to their jobs. If a better one comes along, they take it.

I get where you are coming from. It sucks, but this sh-t happens in big-time college sports. I never thought that Bzz was that great to begin with, nor did he have life-long ties to Boulder. I also think the next coach here will be even better. So this doesn't seem that bad to me. The key is to sign a few big men right now.

Whatever you say. But urbana comes here and defends bzdelic saying he's making the right move because wake forrest is better than CU and it pisses me off. I'm not sure exactly where you are coming from. I don't think there is a better school in the country than CU. I'd slice my wrists before I'd say another program is better. But that isn't the point of all this. The point is that Bzdelic is a low life little back stabbint rat who deserves not one shred of defense from any Buff fan.

Last edited:
I guess I tend to separate loyalty from reality. Wake is a better basketball job than CU. CU is a better football job than Wake. We can play this game with lots of different schools. We need to look at it objectively, because that is the lens that some coaches look through. Some have no loyalty to their jobs. If a better one comes along, they take it.

I get where you are coming from. It sucks, but this sh-t happens in big-time college sports. I never thought that Bzz was that great to begin with, nor did he have life-long ties to Boulder. I also think the next coach here will be even better. So this doesn't seem that bad to me. The key is to sign a few big men right now.
Sorry for ragging on you. I'm just pissed about this whole thing. :smile2:

I sure as hell do not know what to think. Woelk says that while it isn't a done deal, it would take a miracle for him to stay. He said that Bzdelic's wife wants to be close to their daughter. Whatever. Bzdelic, if he leaves, will have left the program better off than it was when he took over. We now have a lot more to offer an new coach, facilities and existing talent wise.

Apparently the deal with the 7 foot guy is not that CU admissions won't let him in, it is that deal where CU does not have a PE degree so not enough of his credits will go toward his degree program at CU. Therefore, the kid could get into Gonzaga or KState with no problem, but to get into CU he needs something like 6 additional credits.

One name that came up that I haven't heard is Jay Humphries. They also talked about how much Bobby Knight loves Colorado and were laughing about what an awkward fit he would be in Boulder.

Now, wouldn't it be crazy if all this angst went for naught when Bzdelic has a change of heart and does not accept the WF offer?

I think Wake Forest might have a change of heart...a lot of negatives coming out...if the donors and boosters aren't happy they might not offer Bzdelik

On a side note....did anyone else get the feeling that the players aren't terribly upset that Bzdelik is leaving and that more are worried about McClain not being there?

I think Wake Forest might have a change of heart...a lot of negatives coming out...if the donors and boosters aren't happy they might not offer Bzdelik

On a side note....did anyone else get the feeling that the players aren't terribly upset that Bzdelik is leaving and that more are worried about McClain not being there?
Interesting points. What should Bohn do if Wake backs out? Has Bzdelic burned his bridges here? I'm so pissed at him, I had just as soon see him gone. It would almost serve him right if WF backed out and CU told him he is no longer needed, wouldn't it? The players certainly performed well for McClain when he was the interim coach.

If Bzdelik did turn down Wake Forest (or at least could tell recruits that), it would sure help us pull in this class.

nik.... what class?

What are you talking about? We've got 5 guys we know about that we're strongly in the mix for: Barry, Dieng, Michel, Shamburger and Majok. (I think we're a bit on the outside looking in with Dieng and Michel is only coming if Gonzaga doesn't offer and he doesn't have a lot of options, but who knows?) This is looking like a very athletic class.

nik.... what class?

What are you talking about? We've got 5 guys we know about that we're strongly in the mix for: Barry, Dieng, Michel, Shamburger and Majok. (I think we're a bit on the outside looking in with Dieng and Michel is only coming if Gonzaga doesn't offer and he doesn't have a lot of options, but who knows?) This is looking like a very athletic class.

Edit: Also, don't count out Haley or Henry. I think we take at least 1 JUCO big man.

Edit: Also, don't count out Haley or Henry. I think we take at least 1 JUCO big man.

Nobody has signed or verballed. Nobody has said that CU is my clear leader. We have no recruiting class. Even is Bz stays, nothing is guaranteed. I think he would have pulled in one big man if he stayed.

The best I'm hoping for is that this is done soon, and we hire someone immediately. That is the only way we get recruits. Bohn needs to be interviewing people NOW in case Bz leaves. Bohn is probably doing nothing though. I hate Wake and Bohn.

Nobody has signed or verballed. Nobody has said that CU is my clear leader. We have no recruiting class. Even is Bz stays, nothing is guaranteed. I think he would have pulled in one big man if he stayed.

The best I'm hoping for is that this is done soon, and we hire someone immediately. That is the only way we get recruits. Bohn needs to be interviewing people NOW in case Bz leaves. Bohn is probably doing nothing though. I hate Wake and Bohn.

This.

It's so hard to tell with the lack of info on the net when it comes to BB recruiting. We're in the dark most of the time.

Back