What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please welcome AztecBuff to the mod team

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
cmgoods has been doing an incredible job here and this forum is growing.

With Aztec coming in and offering such great information and passion for our Olympic sports, it was a natural to extend an invite to become a mod.

Thankfully, it was accepted.

I'm looking forward to seeing continued excellence in this forum as AllBuffs tries to provide the most comprehensive coverage of CU athletics... and even greater emphasis on our championship-level Olympic sports.

Welcome aboard, Aztec!

Congratulations and welcome Aztec. Finally getting to embrace the coveted ban stick, the true power at AllBuffs.

Al Pacino Snow GIF by MOODMAN

Your signature has some mistakes and is vague.
Well, my German is pretty crappy. It is a quote from Schiller's Die Jungfrau von Orleans. It translates, at least to my understanding, "Against stupidity, the Gods themselves struggle in vain". Of course, I may have screwed up the German in trying to quote it.

Well, my German is pretty crappy. It is a quote from Schiller's Die Jungfrau von Orleans. It translates, at least to my understanding, "Against stupidity, the Gods themselves struggle in vain". Of course, I may have screwed up the German in trying to quote it.

Ok, the language was different in 1801. But it's lowercase K in any case. :)

I'm in my (usual/ seemingly eternal) state of massive confusion, this time as to why this thread was resurrected (edit- and what the last couple posts are talking about???), but thanks anyways to anyone giving me congrats.

Oh, and if anyone wants to pay me, go for it (although I'm probably receiving about what I deserve)!

Ok, the language was different in 1801. But it's lowercase K in any case. :)
Since I have the chance to ask a native speaker, is Kampfen just a verb in that usage? I kind of thought it might be used like "the struggle" in English, which could be a noun, whereas the word struggle, is a verb. The capital is why I thought that.

Excellent choice!! Glad to have you on board as one of our many corrupt and highly bribable mods. Here's to all the beer, sammiches, hooker and blow you can hold.

unnamed-7.png

Since I have the chance to ask a native speaker, is Kampfen just a verb in that usage? I kind of thought it might be used like "the struggle" in English, which could be a noun, whereas the word struggle, is a verb. The capital is why I thought that.

If kämpfen isn't your verb in that sentence, what is? You need a verb.

Back