What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll of the day 7/22

If you could go to one road game in '09, which one?

• Total voters
while the hawaii game looks awesome, and snowbuff may tear me apart for this, but i have heard many mainlanders (or white people for that matter) get the **** beat out of them at those games. i had a friend go to UH and he wouldn't go to games after the few he attended because he knew people that were jumped for no reason other than not being a native.

while the hawaii game looks awesome, and snowbuff may tear me apart for this, but i have heard many mainlanders (or white people for that matter) get the **** beat out of them at those games. i had a friend go to UH and he wouldn't go to games after the few he attended because he knew people that were jumped for no reason other than not being a native.
went to a few full seasons of Hawaii games while I was there. Soooo many fights. But doods you will be fine, just don't start trouble. :lol:

When I was stationed in Pearl Harbor a friend, his wife, and my wife went to the wrong beach (I had duty) and were harassed by a dozen or so 14-somethings. He had a cool head and they got out of there okay, but even now my brother (and vacation guides) warn about going to the wrong beaches at the wrong time. Educate yourself.

West By God Virginia. A CU road trip to Morgantown is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The 'neers have a rabid, couch burning fan base that will be all hopped up on grain alcohol. Their Stewart won't want to be ambushed again by our Stewart. It's a payback game, and a must win for them, under the lights on national TV. CU has a good chance to pull off a meaningful and elusive road win under the lights.

I can't wait to soak it all in.

Well said. CU may never play there again, great chance for a great win, and WVU football is all they got in them there hills.

Well, from the choices it would boil down to Stillwater or Austin. I would have to go with Austin, especially since we are going to pull off the upset. woooo Go Buffs!
I love going to Austin, but it is rapidly becomming too corporate and overgrown. Losing all it's original flavor - a shame. Bigger is not $ucking better.
Keep Austin weird!

I love going to Austin, but it is rapidly becomming too corporate and overgrown. Losing all it's original flavor - a shame. Bigger is not $ucking better.
Keep Austin weird!

it's like Boulder in that regard. i've lived here for 15 years. outside a few minor things here and there, Pearl St. isn't that much different from Flatirons Crossing...and all the local merchants are struggling to pay rents. i have a couple high school buddies who went to law school at UT and live there now....and they say the same thing.

it's real sad. granted, "we" are as much a part of the problem as all the other transplants....but we aren't horning up rents so only GAP and crap can afford to do business.

Last edited:
it's like Boulder in that regard. i've lived here for 15 years. outside a few minor things here and there, Pearl St. isn't that much different from Flatirons Crossing...and all the local merchants are struggling to pay rents. i have a couple high school buddies who went to law school at UT and live there now....and they say the same thing.

it's real sad. granted, "we" are as much a part of the problem as all the other transplants....but we aren't horning up rents so only GAP and crap can afford to do business.
My first year at CU was fall 1973, and Pearl St. was still a street. A really interesting conglomeration of small restaurants, honky tonk bars, and small locally owned retail stores. Along came the mall development, and it's gets more generic every year. That's whats wrong with America - small business is rapidly disappering and the overall economy along with it. Excuse my rant, but politicians don't give a **** about small business in America - even if they say they do.

Last edited:
Late to this game, but WVU. Trip is already paid for (by me). Love going to all of the great venues CU plays at to take in the atmosphere. We've visited a lot of great stadiums/campuses over the years. Also already been to Austin so that is low on my priorities.

My first year at CU was fall 1973, and Pearl St. was still a street. A really interesting conglomeration of small restaurants, honky tonk bars, and small locally owned retail stores. Along came the mall development, and it's gets more generic every year. That's whats wrong with America - small business is rapidly disappering and the overall economy along with it. Excuse my rant, but politicians don't give a **** about small business in America - even if they say they do.

:congrats:

If the question were, "Which CU road game would you attend if CU were guaranteed a blowout victory?", then send me to Austin.

Otherwise, Austin is over rated.

i agree. it seemed to me it was in the early-mid 90's when the rents on the PS Mall went sky high and nearly all the local businesses went down for good (like the Aristocrat Diner) and in moved GAP and Banana Republic and such. and in about the same time, the Pearl Street Merchants Association became a de facto junta in local politics.

Last edited:
Back