What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll of the day 8/17

Can the buffs win 10 games?

• Total voters
You're arguing quite a bit to say that emotion is removed from your fandom.

You people need to calm down..................:lol:

I'd love to sit by everyone on this board at a game and you'd see how positive I am. I think people mistake criticism for not being a good fan.

Yes it does. We're replacing three starters. We have no idea how the younger guys will play. Those are two major issues right there.

I know that, but they are not major like he is making them out to be. We have had good teams in the past with average D-lines.

You people need to calm down..................:lol:

I'd love to sit by everyone on this board at a game and you'd see how positive I am. I think people mistake criticism for not being a good fan.

**** you!:smile2:

Actually you are at the top of the list of fans who I would want to watch a game with or have a beer with.

I think message board brings out different sides to a lot of people, myself included. It's more of getting things off your chest type thing. In real life, I am actually easy to get along with and act differently than on here. I admit, I do like to get reactions out of people too. I like to dig in peoples skin.

Big difference between unproven defensive line and a no-talent defensive line (which Buffocrat has said repeatedly in this thread). I simply do not believe we are void of talent there.

Big difference between unproven defensive line and a no-talent defensive line (which Buffocrat has said repeatedly in this thread). I simply do not believe we are void of talent there.

Void of talent? No, and I'll give you a guy who I think will be a matt mchesney type and that's pericak. Bonsu,goree,cunningham and hopefully nuckols next year is going to be a solid group imho.

De we'll see, herrod is playing well and obi seems to be getting it according to coaches. Shields I haven't seen and you have kasa and west.

No way they get 10 wins. I'll bet anyone on this board it doesn't happen, put your money where your hopes are.

2750118481_00ce55a1dc.jpg

Buffsyko, does that mean you would like the bet? I was wondering, are you related to Nick Cannon, cuz you're HILARIOUS!

Okay okay.....

Saying someone has no talent is very strong.....so I'll restate myself

The members of the defensive line have talent, just not the type of talent to make a positive impact in the outcome of many of the games on this year's schedule. Coupled with the lack of superior coaching by Romeo Brandison leaves this unit as a major liability on the defensive side of the ball. While this unit is unproven, it should say something that outside of Herrod and Cunningham (neither of whom were world beaters themselves), none of the other returning members of the defensive line pushed for serious time in the 2008 season. And that was a unit that struggled to stop the run and sack the quarterback.

Buffsyko, does that mean you would like the bet? I was wondering, are you related to Nick Cannon, cuz you're HILARIOUS!

Dude. Your bet proposal is stupid. The poll is CAN they win 10 games, not WILL they win 10 games. I voted that yes, they CAN win 10 games, but I wouldn't put any money on it unless you gave me very very good odds. And then, my wager would be pretty freaking low.

Our talent is a lot better shape than it was 3 years ago, A LOT BETTER! Christ we had a top 15 class two years ago!

I would just like to point out that I feel it is a misnomer that this staff has been recruiting spectacularly. The DS/Polk/Katoa/Major class was really good. That is one out of 4. The rest have been ranked in the 30s or higher; at least one was in the 50s, IIRC.

That is not spectacular recruiting.

If we start off the year at 5-1, I'd say a 10-win season is well within our grasp. Going 5-1 against OSU, A&M, NU, MU, ISU, and KSU isn't completely out of the question.
I just can't see anything good comming out of the OSU game. At their place on 5 days rest - could be real ugly. Their game with Georgia should tell us alot. Georgia is a mid ranked SEC team this year after losing the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft in Stafford.

Yeah, this is kind of like my HS senior photo. Who knew that Genera Hypercolor T-shirts wouldn't be cool forever?

Odd to see someone like DBT, who predicted 10 wins, a Top25 appearance and more, be so content with Hawkins's performance.

I know you're pretty damn content with Hawkins performance, you probably want him to get an extension.

I spent the entire offseason trying to remind you that Hawkins was our coach. While you were predicting Hawkins would lead CU to a 10 win season, into the top25 and to the best rushing attack in the Big12, I was trying to still remind you who our coach was.

It took you awhile, but you finally saw the light. Congrats.

One thing these polls show us is how delusional we really were. We had all (most of us anyway) bought into Hawk's BS. There were signs that this team wasn't as good as we thought it was going to be. Even so, I don't think anybody could have predicted 3-9.

One thing these polls show us is how delusional we really were. We had all (most of us anyway) bought into Hawk's BS. There were signs that this team wasn't as good as we thought it was going to be. Even so, I don't think anybody could have predicted 3-9.

I blame all the kool-aid I was clearly drinking back then for the onset of my diabetes.... :huh:

I spent the entire offseason trying to remind you that Hawkins was our coach. While you were predicting Hawkins would lead CU to a 10 win season, into the top25 and to the best rushing attack in the Big12, I was trying to still remind you who our coach was.

It took you awhile, but you finally saw the light. Congrats.

no, you are happy he is here

Yeah, this is kind of like my HS senior photo. Who knew that Genera Hypercolor T-shirts wouldn't be cool forever?

Holy (something or other), you guys are young.

Looking at my HS senior photo I remember thinking Elvis sideburns and waterfall hair style would be (never said, "cool") bitchin forever. :cool:

:lol:

Holy (something or other), you guys are young.

Looking at my HS senior photo I remember thinking Elvis sideburns and waterfall hair style would be (never said, "cool") bitchin forever. :cool:

:lol:

Well, you are in Lincoln, so I'm guessing you are looking forward to your 10 year reunion a few years from now.... :smile2:

Well, you are in Lincoln, so I'm guessing you are looking forward to your 10 year reunion a few years from now.... :smile2:

1st year reunion.

Hey, take things slowly in life. You only live once, blah-blah blah.

Time for my Geritol/Metamucil cocktail.

:smile2:

Back