What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll: Who's your pick of the likely candidates

Make your pick

• DeRuyter

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Doeren

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Andersen

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • None of the above-pulling for someone else

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
I like DeRuyter-was a BCS coordinator, turnaround experience, worked in Texas and Cali and icing on the cake he spent time in Colorado.

I like Doeren. Defensive minded coach. BCS coordinator at Wisconsin. Solid recruiter.Been successful wherever he's been.

Honestly, I don't think any of the three are bad picks, but none are really HR's. I voted for Andersen, but there are questions over if he can recruit with the big boys. DeRuyter has tons of BCS experience, but reportedly wasn't the best recruiter and took over a pretty good situation in Fresno. Doeren is a winner, has big time BCS experience, but does he have any ties to the Pac-12 region?

I'm happy with any of the three if they're our finalists, but I'm also prepared for the uninformed fan to be upset with the hire.

Doeren would be my pick. Experience in the Big XII, B1G, and as a HC. He has multiple years of success with NIU and is young. With that said, I think we'll go with DeRuyter

None of the above. My top 2 picks of the realistic possibilities are Diaco and Strong. I'm not sure why there's not more mention of Diaco, but maybe that's a good thing and he's a darkhorse candidate?

I'd be happy with DeRuyter or Doeren, but I'm not sold on Andersen quite yet...wish he had experience in a BCS conference...

Doeren got my vote. Very good BCS experience, good coaching pedigree, young guy and seems ambitious.

Although Kill built NIU, Doeren has done a good job moving that program forward. They will be playing in a January bowl, Godaddy.com on Jan. 6 most likely, but if they beat Kent St. Friday they will get a mention for a BCS bowl.

He may not have recruited Jordan Lynch but damn he has sure got that kid playing at a high level.
(http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/482142/jordan-lynch).

I voted for Andersen. Last time I voted for Anderson a black guy won so get ready for Charlie Strong.

Deruyter as HC, he brings Dave Schramm with him from Fresno to be OC. Schramm helps lure Kalani Sitake away from Utah to be our Asst. HC, DC, and recruiting coordinator. (Schramm and Sitake worked together at Utah from 2005-2011. Sitake is already Asst. HC and DC at Utah, so he would only come over to CU in the same capacity for a couple years to better position himself for a HC job. He needs to get out from under Whittingham's wing and run a defense on his own. Plus, our D has nowhere to go but up; if he takes one of the worst D's in the nation and makes it a top 30 or 40 unit, then he can call his shot in two years.) Imagine Shane Dillon slinging the ball around in Deruyter and Schramm's spread offense (remember what Carr did to us at Fresno this year?), and an aggressive 3-4 defense anchored by huge Polynesian kids on the line. As a native Tongan, Sitake gets all the best Samoans, Tongans, and Hawaiians. This would be AWESOME!

Back