What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pony Excess

some interesting threads at texags.com on the subject. don't suppose it matters to us anymore (the SWC), but interesting nonetheless. the ags are unusually and refreshingly honest about the "every one was cheating in the 80's" whereas they usually take the holier-than-thou road.

One of the more interesting points in one of the threads there was made about TCU and that no one will ever know just how bad some of their transgressions were. The irony of the circumstances struck me reading that. TCU & SMU are a handful of miles apart. Somehow TCU survived, newspaper war or not.

I was watching parts of the first 30 minutes of this show again last night where various people were talking about how rampant the money offerings around the SWC were, and that at one point 5 of the 9 schools were on probation. As mentioned previously in this thread, it was pretty clear that just most if not all schools in the SWC (and undoubtedly around the country) were cheating back at this time.

So does this type of stuff still go on? My guess is it does just not to this extent and as blatantly.

What I want to know is when everything starting leaking out of SMU, how much money was tossed around the other schools to ensure that those players kept their mouths shut making sure only SMU got in trouble.

I thought about us when Musberger said something about "once the local media is against you, it's over."

One of the more interesting points in one of the threads there was made about TCU and that no one will ever know just how bad some of their transgressions were. The irony of the circumstances struck me reading that. TCU & SMU are a handful of miles apart. Somehow TCU survived, newspaper war or not.

You don't have to be faster than the bear. Just be faster than the other guy.

Back