What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Position changes this spring?

Kasa at DT was a disaster last year. He's good, but I think he'd be better off blocking down passes at the line to the flat and breaking up screens. I think he could be a talented pass rusher if he had the coaching. Guy is a natural DE and that ****tty 3-4 we ran last year did him a disservice.

Polk did look lost a lot of the time last year, but I don't think it's time to move him just yet. If the staff feels they need to, well, then he will. I enjoy having a guy with his speed out there at safety. Our front 7 last year was bad and got pushed around a lot, especially by good teams. Upfield blocking by the OL doesn't help and it doesn't help a green safety out there. I'm hoping Brown can help him out this year and he starts to understand it. The last coach didn't emphasize tackling and wasn't much for aggression. Guys that are raw like Polk need all of the full contact pracs they can get. He should improve this year.

Moten stay at CB.
Mobley to DE or stay at TE.
Olatoye back to CB.
Kasa to DE.
Poole to DT.
Polk stay at Safety.
I kind of like the idea of either Webb or Ahles going to FB, we need one and I don't think Bahr is athletic enough to play there every down.
Grossnickle should try out for kicker, can he not do both?
I like the idea of Will Jeff being our versatile guy. Line him up in the backfield, motion out wide, stuff like that.

personally i font like the Polk, Will Jeff, and Kasa moves.

WillJeff was effective running the ball minus that killer fumble against Baylor. Since EB fixed AD's fumbling issues maybe he can work with Jefferson.
Polk to LB scares me he doesnt tackle well enough and he's small.
Webb out of LB doesnt make sense to me he hits hard and seems fast enough, Besides we need some depth behind Major and Nobriga since the former has had significant injury issues, and Rippy doesn't seem to be developing.
Kasa is just too damn tall to be a DT, his athleticism is a waste there as well, hate to say this but Urban Meyer was right he should have been on OT.

WillJeff's one fumble is not a fumbling problem that needs to be worked with!

Rippy is on another planet, according to some reports. Ditto Simmons. Will be interesting how JE handles them.

Kasa is not explosive enough as a DE and pretty tall for DT. Florida told him he'd be moved to OT. Frankly, it might be his ticket to the NFL. Baby Nate?
Also - I think he did move to DT. He never seemed to get in the game at DE, just DT as last season wore on. He has a RS year.

CB will be interesting.

Long snapper - do they reward the frosh with a Scholie?

Really would like to see where some of the RS frosh are at in the spring.

Rippy is on another planet, according to some reports. Ditto Simmons. Will be interesting how JE handles them.

Kasa is not explosive enough as a DE and pretty tall for DT. Florida told him he'd be moved to OT. Frankly, it might be his ticket to the NFL. Baby Nate?
Also - I think he did move to DT. He never seemed to get in the game at DE, just DT as last season wore on. He has a RS year.

CB will be interesting.

Really would like to see where some of the RS frosh are at in the spring.

Inever got the Kasa at DT move. He played there some this past year. There aren't that many 6'7" DT's....

While typically i'd agree with you, that type of fumble is characteristic of an inexperienced runner struggling for more yardage, which is something that can and should be worked on.

I thought simmons wuz dun.

i think what he's implying is Rippy maybe be close to gone as well, certainly from his on field development that his head may not be fully in the game at CU.

Rippy did perform well for us on special teams last year. I think he was 3rd in ST points. Not bad for his sophomore year, but so far from his potential. We need to see him step up this spring.

Grossnickle should try out for kicker, can he not do both?

Last word was both kicker/punters (GNickle and Castor) will be asked to compete for all jobs involving foot contact with said ball. No word yet if walk-ons Frieberg and Kirkwood are back. There may be new walk-ons in the spring.

Reward would indicate he had a spectacular year snapping last season.
He did not.
He did fine, but he had quite a few inaccurate snaps.
This snap is from the game in Linkin and was nearly a safety.

low snap nu 1+2.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks Kasa should be given the benefit of the doubt at DE? He comes in and has some impact as a freshman, gets sick and injured to finish the year. The next year Hawk and his band of idiots decide a 6'7 260 DT would be awesome, so he gets moved there. I'll give Tui and McGee some time with him and see if he can't be an awesome DE.

Am I the only one that thinks Kasa should be given the benefit of the doubt at DE? He comes in and has some impact as a freshman, gets sick and injured to finish the year. The next year Hawk and his band of idiots decide a 6'7 260 DT would be awesome, so he gets moved there. I'll give Tui and McGee some time with him and see if he can't be an awesome DE.

This.

I doubt Kasa is a weak side pass rusher, but he seems tailor made for the strong side DE, or weak side on base downs when we are playing run first.

+1

+1

Does anyone think that Forrest West could put on 25+ pounds and play inside very well?

He bulked up from around 225 to 260 from his 2009 commitment date until his Sophomore season last year.

He has great balance, leverage, and good hands. He has very fast feet (4.60 40-time last Spring), and a powerful drive (32 inch vertical).

If we run a true 4-3, he could be used as an Under-Tackle (ala Warren Sapp) while he continues to gain weight.

I would much rather move West inside than Kasa, and I truly think he could be a dynamic interior linemen for us in the tradition of George Hypolite.

(maybe even RS him this season to give us more breathing room at the DT position in future years?)

Forrest West led the team in sacks last year as a true sophomore splitting time from the DE position.

No way I move him or redshirt him. He is our best pass rusher.

Forrest West led the team in sacks last year as a true sophomore splitting time from the DE position.

No way I move him or redshirt him. He is our best pass rusher.

Absolutely agree he was our best pure pass rusher, and not just because of the stats. It is that same ability to get penetration that makes me think he could be a force as a DT, hence the Warren Sapp analogy. Not sure if he can put on the weight, but he has a very strong and thick lower body and very good speed. If too much of that was lost in the weight-gain then it would not be worth it.

I've also felt that Pericak would make a better DE than he does a DT, but regardless I think he will make a name for himself this season under the new coaching staff. He is a beast and an aggressive defense along with the new S&C program should unleash some havoc on opposing offenses.

Back