What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Positive Press for CU at the Orange Bowl

TallyBuff

Since we don't have very many positive things to talk about right now I thought I'd share this little bit. I traveled to the Orange Bowl to watch FSU vs NIU. After the 1st quarter they played "Historic Moments in Orange Bowl History" and showed Colorado's 10-9 win over Notre Dame. Played about 3 minutes of highlights and reminded the stadium (including me) that Colorado football exists.

Couple Notes:

FSU fans were extremely angry about having to play NIU and were pretty unenthusiastic the entire game. The loudest they got was when Jimbo Fisher (their head coach) got flagged for a dead ball personal foul.

The NIU administration gave free tickets to the Orange Bowl to all their students and offered 2 nights in a hotel and a round trip bus trip for $150 dollars to all their fans .

NIU should have been matched up against Louisville. That would make alot more sense. Florida could have been matched up against Nebraska and Florida St vs Georgia would have been an awesome game. I don't mind the Tie in's that the conferences have but I don't think it should be to a specific bowl vs a specific slot from another conference. I imagine a NIU vs Louisville game wouldn't have generated all the buzz and t.v. sponsorship revenue.

Wow what a deal. did all 8 fans make the trip?

NIU is about the same size as CU and probably sent more fans to that Sh*thole Bowl than CU did when the Buffs won the MNC. Turkeys from Illinois will do anything to get away from that crappy weather, even truck on down to the Swamp-Land of Gators, high humidity and Thai cockroaches who'll fly up your nose! (CU fans are smarter than that!)

NIU is about the same size as CU and probably sent more fans to that Sh*thole Bowl than CU did when the Buffs won the MNC. Turkeys from Illinois will do anything to get away from that crappy weather, even truck on down to the Swamp-Land of Gators, high humidity and Thai cockroaches who'll fly up your nose! (CU fans are smarter than that!)

I am now convinced that hyphen use and intelligence are inversely correlated.

high humidity? you ever been to florida this time of year? the weather in florida this time of year is simply awesome. no way around it.

you stupid or something?

high humidity? you ever been to florida this time of year? the weather in florida this time of year is simply awesome. no way around it.

you stupid or something?

As I have had family down there for years, unfortunately yes, I have been there. Friggin' miserable weather everytime I've been down there around Christmas.

Oh, and the humidity is generally right around a 100% when it rains every day, if that's your idea of "awesome", have at it. The only neat part is the anoles slow down in the cold, wet weather, making it easier for the kids to catch them.

you stupid or something?

It is great down there this time of year.

Florida only sucks in the summer when it reaches 140 in the shade. Just ask Flounder.

Hasn't rained in Fernandina in 2 weeks. Hasnt hit below 60 all winter!

I imagine a NIU vs Louisville game wouldn't have generated all the buzz and t.v.
a129.jpg

NIU should have been matched up against Louisville. That would make alot more sense. Florida could have been matched up against Nebraska and Florida St vs Georgia would have been an awesome game. I don't mind the Tie in's that the conferences have but I don't think it should be to a specific bowl vs a specific slot from another conference. I imagine a NIU vs Louisville game wouldn't have generated all the buzz and t.v. sponsorship revenue.

Disagree. The game results were perfect, and NIU actually made a game of it until the interception in the 3rd quarter when the wheels came off completely.

florida should have been matched up against oregon and louisville vs niu

Back