1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positive Press for CU at the Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by TallyBuff, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TallyBuff

TallyBuff New Member

Since we don't have very many positive things to talk about right now I thought I'd share this little bit. I traveled to the Orange Bowl to watch FSU vs NIU. After the 1st quarter they played "Historic Moments in Orange Bowl History" and showed Colorado's 10-9 win over Notre Dame. Played about 3 minutes of highlights and reminded the stadium (including me) that Colorado football exists.

Couple Notes:

FSU fans were extremely angry about having to play NIU and were pretty unenthusiastic the entire game. The loudest they got was when Jimbo Fisher (their head coach) got flagged for a dead ball personal foul.

The NIU administration gave free tickets to the Orange Bowl to all their students and offered 2 nights in a hotel and a round trip bus trip for $150 dollars to all their fans .

Darth Snow likes this.
  2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Wow what a deal. did all 8 fans make the trip?

3. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

NIU should have been matched up against Louisville. That would make alot more sense. Florida could have been matched up against Nebraska and Florida St vs Georgia would have been an awesome game. I don't mind the Tie in's that the conferences have but I don't think it should be to a specific bowl vs a specific slot from another conference. I imagine a NIU vs Louisville game wouldn't have generated all the buzz and t.v. sponsorship revenue.

4. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

NIU is about the same size as CU and probably sent more fans to that Sh*thole Bowl than CU did when the Buffs won the MNC. Turkeys from Illinois will do anything to get away from that crappy weather, even truck on down to the Swamp-Land of Gators, high humidity and Thai cockroaches who'll fly up your nose! (CU fans are smarter than that!)

5. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I am now convinced that hyphen use and intelligence are inversely correlated.

Wyo Buff likes this.
  6. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

high humidity? you ever been to florida this time of year? the weather in florida this time of year is simply awesome. no way around it.

you stupid or something?

7. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

As I have had family down there for years, unfortunately yes, I have been there. Friggin' miserable weather everytime I've been down there around Christmas.

Oh, and the humidity is generally right around a 100% when it rains every day, if that's your idea of "awesome", have at it. The only neat part is the anoles slow down in the cold, wet weather, making it easier for the kids to catch them.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It is great down there this time of year.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Florida only sucks in the summer when it reaches 140 in the shade. Just ask Flounder.

10. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

You state the obvious.

11. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Hasn't rained in Fernandina in 2 weeks. Hasnt hit below 60 all winter!

12. hasonmare

hasonmare New Member

I imagine a NIU vs Louisville game wouldn't have generated all the buzz and t.v.[​IMG]

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Disagree. The game results were perfect, and NIU actually made a game of it until the interception in the 3rd quarter when the wheels came off completely.

14. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

florida should have been matched up against oregon and louisville vs niu