What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Arizona @ CU Game thread (Relevant)

Plus one on everything @Goose said. I am so happy to see Talton playing this way.

Another thing with XT - this is huge for Yaz's development (and Dom to an extent). Having a senior who knows his **** to teach you is HUGE. This is why I feel Dom was behind the eight ball a bit - he didn't get that last year. Now these guys have someone who can take them aside and point out the little things.

I love senior guards.

I didn't storm the court. Maybe az coach Miller can commend me for staying at my seat and calmly walking to the exit (with a giant smile on my face)

so last night had some huge implications. I am expecting the team gets a case of beer from both Oregon and Utah after the win last night.

here is where the predicted finish looks right now.

1. Oregon 13-5
2. Arizona 12-6 (I'll explain this later)
3. Utah 12-6
4. California 12-6
5. USC 11-7 (this loss comes back to haunt us again)
6. Colorado 10-8
7. Washington 9-9
8. UCLA 9-9
9. Oregon State 8-10
10. Stanford 7-11
11. Arizona State 6-12
12. Washington State 1-17

biggest remaining games:
Arizona at Utah
Oregon at USC/UCLA

The biggest remaining games are Utah versus Arizona. Arizona is still slightly favored, but the game is a tossup. I can't see Arizona winning that game after the heartbreak they had versus the Buffs. Most likely we will see them limp back to the desert with a two game losing streak. I really think that Utah finishes at 13-5, unless we give them some payback in our final game. They have a real shot at taking first in conference since Oregon finishes with a road trip to LA and they have a chance at losing both and giving Utah the regular season title. This is a strange year because the top 4 is very fluid, while the middle and bottom are almost settled.

The good news is we are pretty much locked into 6th place in conference, which means we most likely would play a slumping Arizona State team. I think that is our best outcome and then we would face the 3 place team in Arizona/California/Utah/Oregon.

Dom can play some D for sure, he was busting his butt on that end last night. Thing I like about Yaz is he plays with some edge, he'll get it in time. Good point on Talton mentoring those young guards.

King and fortune combined for one turnover last night. If Dom/XT/Yaz playing well is issue1, I might put the decision making of King/Fortune with the ball in their hands as 1b. Really hope this helps Fortune turn the corner.

Again, storm every game if it means students will show. It's just not something most programs that make the NCAA Tournament 4 of the past 5 seasons would do.
Are you crazy? Just stop it with the "Joe Cool-We don't do that sh*t" act ! And your 5-seed crap as well, no team in the country was as hot as AZ coming into Boulder.

How many times has ESPN showed court stormings by any number of teams/schools with higher rankings or longer rivalries than CU/AZ ?(Clue: frequently)

As for Miller's claim, I saw NO AZ players approached or taunted. Instead, they were clustered around the AZ bench and generally ignored by the d student horde. As noted elsewhere Miller's stoopid statement virtually sends his players the message that they have the green light from their coach to clock somebody, even if inadvertently touched.

Very bad thing! He should be fined for that crap.

King and fortune combined for one turnover last night. If Dom/XT/Yaz playing well is issue1, I might put the decision making of King/Fortune with the ball in their hands as 1b. Really hope this helps Fortune turn the corner.
Yeah good Fortune didn't turn it over all over the place last night and hit some pretty big shots. That one layup attempt though smfh lol.

The key for Fortune is the hair. Let that hair flow! Too lazy to statify it, but I strongly suspect Fortune takes care of the ball much better when the hair is out.

As for Pac-12 tournament seeding, I still think there's a reasonable chance USC loses 3 of 4, thus giving CU the 5th seed with a win on Sunday. USC/Stanford should be a dogfight tonight, and I like Oregon's athleticism against USC, even on the road. Expecting Cal to beat USC handily this weekend. Oregon St may be fighting for their NCAA tourney lives next week and should give USC a game in LA.

Saw the Miller interview on ESPN.com. What a jerk. He thinks the NCAA should fine programs $100,000 for court rushing. Now, I'm generally not for it but I cannot think of one time, and I'm sure there have been incidents, where an opposing player was attacked or injured in one of these things. Fans aren't rushing the court to go after the other team's players. Well,, except maybe in soccer.

It almost seemed like he was setting up a defense ahead of time for one of his players taking out a fan. Kind of like, "OK, Kaleb. Feel free to lay out a fan if they rush the court. I've got your back."

I think this is the link. But I'm blocked from ESPN at work.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...arizona-wildcats-blasts-pac-12-court-storming
I was there with two Arizona fans and they had no problem with CU fans rushing the court. Sean Miller can go **** a goat.

I'm with you CVille - but I do think last night was completely fine for CU students to rush the court. My friend and I were wondering if CU would storm the court, and both of us were hoping it wouldn't happen. Once it did though, who cares. The kids were better than I've seen of all the games I've been to this year. Let the kids have fun. We've suffered some hard losses against AZ over recent years, and they were playing well. In addition to playing well as of late, including the overrated rankings (not AZ's ranking, but just polls in general), AZ represents the best program on a consistent basis in the PAC12. Let them have their fun - hopefully it encourages the students to show up more often.

However, CU as a whole rushes the court/field too much. Nebraska 62-36; great, we should have, especially considering the heartbreak for several years running. KU for the first time in a long time for a tournament team under Patton (I think 2003...ish?), okay. I'm sure there are other examples, and hopefully more to come. However, ISU in 2004 football, Baylor for our only win, Okie Lite in 2004 basketball, etc... ...We likely are not ever going to be a blue blood, because that requires 20+ years of national recognition, but we're a solid program right now. We're not just a magical team that can make the tournament bubble. We shouldn't keep acting like an underdog fanbase - we're not the underdogs anymore...we're fighting to be THE top dog; just not quite there yet.

Damn I didn't see that on tv. Probably because Walton was talking about dinosaurs or something lol.

Sean Miller, don't want to get court stormed? Win the game, chump.

PYGil.gif

Agree with the posters who commented that Miller's comments, intentionally or no, are tantamount to giving his players a free pass to throw down the next time an opponent's crowd storms the court.

Four things:

1. Last night was rad
  2. AZ fans complaining about the refs is rich. If the refs called a foul every time that they were justified in doing so against Miller for being on the court, AZ would lose every game by 10
  3. I'm glad we have the grand arbiters of sports deciding when kids should and shouldn't rush the court. Or perhaps, maybe, we should let the kids decide when they want to rush the court. Part of the uniqueness of college sports is that students are there supporting their peers, so being able to celebrate with their peers after a big win (or really any win, does anybody remember the 2014-15 CU BB season) is awesome
  4. Seriously, last night was rad.

, I saw NO AZ players approached or taunted. Instead, they were clustered around the AZ bench and generally ignored by the d student horde.
That's what it looked like on the broadcast. I don't think there was anything close to any AZ players being put at risk. He was just butt hurt that they lost and that he had to watch the other team's fans celebrate. It pissed him off.

Can someone clarify for me what the rule is when a player is rolling around on the ground with possession of the ball? Sometimes traveling is called and sometimes not? There was a play with around a minute left when this happened and it was a no call.

I still believe Booker's play went down after his haircut. It's all in the hair.

Back