What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Cal trip report.

Bone Buff

Club Member
Club Member
The good: Pretty much everything not including the actual game itself. CU fans came in droves to watch the first game against our new conference. I was seeing CU shirts everywhere. Berkeley is a very nice campus and does remind me a lot of boulder. Getting up the station is a bit of a hike from the BART station, but I think it's worth it to take in the sights. Oh, and being a ex-band nerd, I gotta give some love to the small 30 man group we sent did play their hearts out on the south? side of the field.

The ugly: Yes, I'm skipping straight to the ugly. I still don't understand all the penalties this game, especially the false starts. Although the stadium was pretty full up, it's not loud AT ALL. There is no second deck to keep the noise in or to bounce the sound around. The student section is right on the 50, which makes for good student section seats, but they're never going to be right on top of you. This was as friendly of a away game as we're ever going to get, and yet, you still have o-linemen not knowing the count. (Right tackles, i'm looking at you guys).

Hansen looked lost, and it didn't look like the "wow, they're fast" lost, its the "what the hell am I even looking at" lost. When that happens, he goes straight to what he's most comfortable with, which is running and trying to make a play with his legs, and not with his arm. The second pick where I swear to god it looked like he tried to left-hand it made me want to vomit.

I want to just tear the Defense a new one, but geez, it seemed like the average Cal starting field position was just about mid-field.

Special Teams. Goddammitaricgoodman.

That's all I feel like writing for now.

tl;dr: fun trip, horrible game.

Back