What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Season Assessment - Punter

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
My opinion: We need one in this class to come in. DiLallo seems to have lost his job to a walk-on who will graduate. He's been way below average in his 3 years here. We don't appear to be recruiting a punter, but maybe we have someone lined up. I see it as a desperate need. you?

Punter & FG kicker are both needed. The jury is out whether this is a talent issue or a coaching issue.

Kicker is buried on the recruiting wish list somewhere below DE, OL, WR, Saftey and Corner.

I figured Suazo got the call b/c he is a senior. HCDH said one of the punters is left footed and the other is right footed. He uses them situationally to best exploit the return team.

Sure would be nice to see the offence sustain more drives past the opponent 35 so a punter wouldn't be necessary. Having lots of depth to rotate nasty OL seems the better strategy with limited offers to make.

Just don't understand why we can't get the best punter and kickers in the nation to come and kick here. If I'm a high school punter/kicker I'm begging to come up to Boulder and kick. Don't know what happened to DiLallo but the guy has just disappeared. Have to beat the bushes and find a punter this recruiting year.

We now have 2 kickers on scholarship which is one too many. A sophomore and a freshman. We may find a kicker to walk on to compete for a spot.

Punter is a different story. DiLallo will be a senior and the above post is exactly right. We used to have one All-American after another. Hawk has yet to bring in a punter. Note to Hawk: we NEED a punter soon. DiLallo is going to be a senior and he's not exactly been improving with age.

Back