What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Spring Depth Chart

Offensive line and defensive line scare me. I sure hope MikeMac is a miracle worker.

After checking out the bios on these linemen, I am mystified by your "scare me" quote. Just how do they scare you and compared to what? Alabama?

Just askin'....

Do we know who on this chart will definitely not be back?

TE is a lot less scary if Hobbs returns. Not pretty otherwise.

Offensive line and defensive line scare me. I sure hope MikeMac is a miracle worker.

OL should be decent if we stay healthy (say this every year though). DL will still have growing pains.

Biggest concerns are SS, Left DE, DT (both), RG, TE. That's a lot of question marks.

Our DL is going to surprise a lot of people. They're talented, there's depth on the interior, Jeffcoat's a good coach, they got good coaching from Tui, and they've all played a bunch of snaps.

I like our DL, but they can't carry a defense (yet). I think they can in 2014.

Good to see Jared Bell overcome the injury problems and be listed as a starter at Safety. Hopefully Solis and Topou can lose some weight and get to about 290 pounds.

This link has the current roster with S or WO status. Based on my count with the incoming class we will be right at 85 if no one else leaves. That is including Payne and Webb in the Scholarship category and Fernandez, Ford, and A. Wood as Walk-Ons.

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/spring/2013_postspring_prospectus.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600
wow, according to this, UCLA went 3-5 last year and the depth chart shows that Jeff Thomas earned a letter last year (impressive for a grey shirt freshman)

I don't believe for a second that a MacIntyre defense will be helpless out there. People are going to be surprised.

This.

I don't expect us to match up better athletically against opposing offenses, but I don't see how we'll look as disjointed as we did last year. Last year it looked like 11 guys were told to get on the field and run around.

I don't believe for a second that a MacIntyre defense will be helpless out there. People are going to be surprised.

This.

I don't expect us to match up better athletically against opposing offenses, but I don't see how we'll look as disjointed as we did last year. Last year it looked like 11 guys were told to get on the field and run around.

I'll wait to see it on the field. I've been hearing about how we will be surprised by coaches and players, let alone message board people for nearly a decade.

He needs to just redshirt this year

Having Yuri redshirt this year does not lengthen the number of years he can be at CU. It just means he doesn't play this year. Last year's medical counts just like anyone else's voluntary redshirt year. You have five years to play four.

Yuri Wright is not ready to play a significant amount of time against any team on the schedule.

Agree, and that is concerning. He played in a top level HS program and he's got a season and a spring under him so far. I don't expect a seasoned veteran, but with his abilities, he should be contributing. Jimmy part deux

Agree, and that is concerning. He played in a top level HS program and he's got a season and a spring under him so far. I don't expect a seasoned veteran, but with his abilities, he should be contributing. Jimmy part deux

Yuri was a good enough athlete out of HS that a bunch of schools wanted him. As big a disaster as last year was in so many other areas I tend to think that the coaching in addition to making us the worst major conference team also held back a lot of individual players. Yuri with his athletic ability is very logically one of those.

Having Yuri redshirt this year does not lengthen the number of years he can be at CU. It just means he doesn't play this year. Last year's medical counts just like anyone else's voluntary redshirt year. You have five years to play four.
Except that he played last year and had no medical issues (to warrant a medical RS). If he redshirts this year, all things being equal he'll be a RS SR the season after Crawley graduates.

You're concerned about Bonsu, Tupuo, and Solis?

There's some injury history there with the depth behind them concerning me. If the three stay healthy then I have no further concerns about the tackle position. All should improve on last season.

Yuri was a good enough athlete out of HS that a bunch of schools wanted him. As big a disaster as last year was in so many other areas I tend to think that the coaching in addition to making us the worst major conference team also held back a lot of individual players. Yuri with his athletic ability is very logically one of those.

Let's stop blaming the coaching from last year for holding back guys. Post spring, Yuri is no higher than the 5th cornerback listed. They all suffered thru last year's coaching. Yuri is listed behind Walker, who was a freshman under the same staff last year, and didn't get the experience Yuri did.

His own Godfather is on record saying "Yuri needs to get his head together". I don't pretend to know exactly what that means.

But I do know where Yuri is from via the Grenadine Islands. CU has to be an adjustment in so many ways. Socially, Academically, and the coaching change. It took Jimmy a while to figure it out. Hope Yuri does too.

Last edited:
Let's stop blaming the coaching from last year for holding back guys. Post spring, Yuri is no higher than the 5th cornerback listed. They all suffered thru last year's coaching. Yuri is listed behind Walker, who was a freshman under the same staff last year, and didn't get the experience Yuri did.

His own Godfather is on record saying "Yuri needs to get his head together". I don't pretend to know exactly what that means.

But I do know where Yuri is from via the Grenadine Islands. CU has to be an adjustment in so many ways. Socially, Academically, and the coaching change. It took Jimmy a while to figure it out. Hope Yuri does too.

Yep. Word is that Yuri is in a good place at CU. We need the talent and our program is very much a supportive, family environment. It's a good marriage, so to speak. Fans need to be patient here. Both sides are making an investment toward the future and Yuri has all-conference potential down the road.

Awesome, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to redshirt and spend a year developing instead of wasting another year

Where is this Medical Redshirt news coming from?

Back