What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Spring Depth Chart

Kick return has some potential...not thinking so in the punt return game

This. I think Walker and Lee will end up fighting for the KR position based on high school speed (unless Lee's doesn't translate but I like what I saw from Walker's route running at the spring game). I'm worried about PR's unless Sverson or whoever was returning kicks last year moves to that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I think Walker and Lee will end up fighting for the KR position based on high school speed (unless Lee's doesn't translate but I like what I saw from Walker's route running at the spring game). I'm worried about PR's unless Sverson or whoever was returning kicks last year moves to that position.

Definately not a punt returner, wasn't that good as a KR man.

I think we see one of the young guys returning KOs, hopefully somebody with a lot more explosive ability who can make the first guy miss. Severson had some straight ahead speed but far to often tried to run through the first guy to get to him. He was also back there because they had confidence in him holding onto the ball but later in the season his ball security wasn't that great either. Don't remember how many but I do remember him putting it on the carpet.

Unless one of the young guys really steps up and takes the job I think we will see Spruce back there on most punts with instructions to fair catch unless he has a bunch of open field to work with. Lacking an explosive game breaker type back there it is pretty obvious that M2 is willing to give up a few return yards in exchange for knowing that his guy is going to catch it and hold on, something that Spruce gives us.

Definately not a punt returner, wasn't that good as a KR man.

Unless one of the young guys really steps up and takes the job I think we will see Spruce back there on most punts with instructions to fair catch unless he has a bunch of open field to work with. Lacking an explosive game breaker type back there it is pretty obvious that M2 is willing to give up a few return yards in exchange for knowing that his guy is going to catch it and hold on, something that Spruce gives us.

Ok when you put it that way I totally understand what you mean. I only mentioned Severson for the reason you stated; his ball security. I hope you're wrong and one of these young guys can come in and take over on that front but now when I look at it I can't help but agree with you haha.

EDIT - And Donovan Lee really gives me a Darien Sproles vibe, which would be an amazing thing for this team. I really hope I'm not just desperate and trying to find similarities where there aren't any but damn it he even looks kind of like him

Last edited:
Kick return will be a combination of Walker,
Lee, and Ross IMO. Severson might be in there to. Fully believe Spruce will still return punts.

I'd like to see what Donovan Lee can do on KR and PR. He gets to top gear pretty quick. Sounds like Walker was working at KR a lot in the spring, so we could have something there. Ross looked good at the few KR he had last year. We have more options than what we've had in the past, although some of it are incoming freshman, so a wait and see approach.

Kick return will be a combination of Walker,
Lee, and Ross IMO. Severson might be in there to. Fully believe Spruce will still return punts.

If you are stating this will be manned by committee, I see no indication of that.

Punt Return has pretty much been muted in CFB, and thus not turning the ball over is a lot of team's priorities.

If you are stating this will be manned by committee, I see no indication of that.

Punt Return has pretty much been muted in CFB, and thus not turning the ball over is a lot of team's priorities.

No, I just don't know who will win the job at this point but Walker seems like a good bet as one of them.

FIFY.
Need any help with term papers?
facepalm.gif

Pretty anal correction fify...

facepalm.gif

I'm typically not a big grammar nazi, but I think you'll do yourself a big favor by learning the differences between "They're, Their, and There", and "To, Too, and Two". They all have very different meanings, and when you see them used incorrectly, it's often an indication that the writer is a complete moron. You recently asked about tattoos. Well, I'd suggest that it's a lot more important to know some basic English rules than it is to worry about whether you have a tattoo or not.

Just sayin'.

I'm typically not a big grammar nazi, but I think you'll do yourself a big favor by learning the differences between "They're, Their, and There", and "To, Too, and Two". They all have very different meanings, and when you see them used incorrectly, it's often an indication that the writer is a complete moron. You recently asked about tattoos. Well, I'd suggest that it's a lot more important to know some basic English rules than it is to worry about whether you have a tattoo or not.

Just sayin'.

How many times did you read this grammar post to ensure you didn't have any grammar errors yourself? Be honest.

I've learned over the years that AB is not the place to worry about grammar. Most here are barely literate. I'd started a list of ABisms, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

facepalm.gif

See that's the basic problem, is it isn't that anal of me. Not only were your thoughts not clearly conveyed, but you misused the word "to". Then in your first clarifying response, it was a run-on sentence. Frankly, if I bother to correct either of the latter items, that would be pretty anal. But when your target audience doesn't understand the point you are trying to make, well that's a bigger deal.

I have fired employees simply because their emails to our clients/customers reflected poorly on our company in my sole opinion. TIFWIW, but at least my generation still thinks that written communication skills are important. Sacky's advise is good stuff and it's never too late. I get the idea that young people (you are pretty much right in the age range of my kids) don't think it's important.

See that's the basic problem, is it isn't that anal of me. Not only were your thoughts not clearly conveyed, but you misused the word "to". Then in your first clarifying response, it was a run-on sentence. Frankly, if I bother to correct either of the latter items, that would be pretty anal. But when your target audience doesn't understand the point you are trying to make, well that's a bigger deal.

I have fired employees simply because their emails to our clients/customers reflected poorly on our company in my sole opinion. TIFWIW, but at least my generation still thinks that written communication skills are important. Sacky's advise is good stuff and it's never too late. I get the idea that young people (you are pretty much right in the age range of my kids) don't think it's important.
Are you really suggesting that I exercise the same amount of caution when it comes to grammar on a message board and in a professional/academic environment?

You're fired.

How many times did you read this grammar post to ensure you didn't have any grammar errors yourself? Be honest.

None, but a big part of what I do depends on written communication. I'm not really a grammar nazi. But Tini WAS just asking about tattoos in the workplace, so he's giving consideration to workplace etiquette. My advice stands - he'd be well served to learn the English language better. Nothing screams "idot" like using "they're" in the place of "there".

Last edited:
None, but a big part of what I do depends on written communication. I'm not really a grammar nazi. But Tini WAS just asking about tattoos in the workplace, so he's giving consideration to workplace etiquette. My advice stands - he'd be we'll served to learn the English language better. Nothing screams "idot" like using "they're" in the place of "there".

I just don't read over my posts here (unless it's a longer one where I actually spent time on it) more often than not...and that leads to grammar **** ups. In professional environments I check over my grammar, well Word does for the most part.

I just don't read over my posts here (unless it's a longer one where I actually spent time on it) more often than not...and that leads to grammar **** ups. In professional environments I check over my grammar, well Word does for the most part.

Word won't correct those kinds of mistakes, though. That's the problem.

Word won't correct those kinds of mistakes, though. That's the problem.
Word will correct their, there, and they're, along with to and too...pretty sure it's a blue squiggly line underneath for those errors.

Nothing worse than writing a post and then going back to read it and find out autocorrect has made you look like an idot. I don't need your help for that autocorrect

None, but a big part of what I do depends on written communication. I'm not really a grammar nazi. But Tini WAS just asking about tattoos in the workplace, so he's giving consideration to workplace etiquette. My advice stands - he'd be well served to learn the English language better. Nothing screams "idot" like using "they're" in the place of "there".

Not to even menshun "their" or "thair" !!!

Word will correct their, there, and they're, along with to and too...pretty sure it's a blue squiggly line underneath for those errors.

You would be surprised. I've had issues when I went back to read proposals I have written and found words that were correctly spelled... but were the absolute wrong word (like maybe I'd hit 'u' instead of 'y' and it autocorrected the other letters to something that made no sense). Autocorrect is very helpful, but it's not completely reliable.

Put it this way: In college, when I got 10% of something wrong I was handed an "A" grade. In the business world, if I turned in something that was 10% wrong it was grounds for termination.

You would be surprised. I've had issues when I went back to read proposals I have written and found words that were correctly spelled... but were the absolute wrong word (like maybe I'd hit 'u' instead of 'y' and it autocorrected the other letters to something that made no sense). Autocorrect is very helpful, but it's not completely reliable.

Put it this way: In college, when I got 10% of something wrong I was handed an "A" grade. In the business world, if I turned in something that was 10% wrong it was grounds for termination.

to be fair, when you burn 10% of the fries, that is a lot of fries.

to be fair, when you burn 10% of the fries, that is a lot of fries.

No doubt. But a small error, every now and then, can be a welcome surprise to the customer... like when you accidentally mix in an onion ring.

No doubt. But a small error, every now and then, can be a welcome surprise to the customer... like when you accidentally mix in an onion ring.

Except when you don't serve onion rings. Then they wonder when did McDonald's get onion rings and try to order them next time they are there. I like to bring them from home to **** with people.

Back