What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post your emails to Mike Bohn/Phil DiStefano...here is mine:

badfish650

sent to: chancellor@colorado.edu and mike.bohn@colorado.edu

The reason for my email is to request that you take action against embarrassing state of the Colorado football team, in order to move toward a successful future for the program.

Until this year, I had been a season ticket holder since 1993, and a fan long before that.

For the past 5 seasons, the Colorado football legacy has been, to borrow a term we are unfortunately familiar with, "burned to the ground." Dan Hawkins behavior is an embarrassment to the CU family. While it's clear to even the most novice observer that his coaching has been suspect all along, it is his recent treatment of local media and in turn, CU fans, that has really drawn my ire. This week after the terrible loss at Kansas, Hawkins post game interview with Mark Johnson was shameless, curt and juvenile. The Big 12 conference calls yield the same rude behavior. He is clearly doing the bare minimum to oblige the language in his contract in dealing with media. His smug petulant behavior has reached a tipping point.

Additionally, Saturday's loss to Kansas was clearly the direct result of Hawkins' selfish desire to bloat his son's statistics and insure a place in the record books as an all-time leading passer by season's end. If this was not his reason for abandoning the running game in the 4th qtr after Stewart had put up 175 yrds and 3 TDs, then maybe he was trying to smugly send a message that his offense is capable of putting up a big score (albeit against a meager opponent). Either way, his selfish immature behavior contributed to one of the most embarrassing defeats in Colorado history (to which the options have grown considerably during Hawkins tenure).

Please. The time is now. I implore you to do the right thing. Dan Hawkins can not represent the CU family for another day.

____

I don't think anyone at the AD would buy the stats argument.

What other case can you make? There is no reason to start throwing at that juncture of the game. Whether it was selfishness or sheer stupidity, either are grounds for termination.

My letter was short. Pretty much begging him to end the embarrassment and make Cabral the interim HC so we can start the healing process.

Di stefano thinks hawk does things right so i doubt he will open up the email and bohn
might read it but dont expect a response that you would want.

I went with sarcasm

Mr. Bohn

Well one good thing about yesterday. After months of being irrelevant to the national media the football team finally made ESPN highlights again today. Apparently giving up more points in the fourth quarter to lose a game than any other team in FBS history makes us finally newsworthy.

Now we really are burned to the ground. What does it take to get fired at CU?

Considered thought has not worked, lets try other means.

Reactions: GBL
I posted this........
istockphoto_2995641-puppet-on-a-string.jpg

I went with sarcasm

Mr. Bohn

Well one good thing about yesterday. After months of being irrelevant to the national media the football team finally made ESPN highlights again today. Apparently giving up more points in the fourth quarter to lose a game than any other team in FBS history makes us finally newsworthy.

Now we really are burned to the ground. What does it take to get fired at CU?

Considered thought has not worked, lets try other means.

What it takes to get fired at CU and any other Colorado government position is that you have to offend or embarrass someone high up and in power. Because of their lack of real pride in athletics at CU, those high up and in power are not offended and embarrassed by Hawkins, unlike the fans and media. If they were truly offended by him as a coach, he would have been gone long ago. Barnett offended and embarrassed the power structure---fired. Churchill became an embarrassment to them--fired.

Danny Paycheck will be gone, but it won't be until after the season unless he does something that truly offends the CU power base.

Back