What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Postitive vibes, man.

I'm with you on this one DBT, I'm feeling much more optimistic heading into the season this year than I thought I would 9 months ago. Law of averages right, we can't be s**tty forever.

Probably due to the fact that it still means something to me and it still kills me a bit whenever I see a no-effort, no-emotion performance on a Saturday. I still take pride in what I was able to be a small part of. The last decade has, for the most part, devalued those accomplishments. Losing sucks but losing with subpar effort is insulting and degrading to all who have worn the uniform. I am sick of the self-loathing that began in that four-game stretch at the end of the Barnett era. We have not gotten beyond that. You can blame whomever you want to blame but until we can play with passion, enthusiasm and respect for the game every practice and every game, we will not recover. I like the players we have this year and I hope that we see a major paradigm shift this season. I only takes one practice and one game performance to break out of this 5-year funk. My hope is that this is the year.

Well said.

I hope I'm wrong and you Koolaiders are right, but this staff will take another dump on this proud program on their way out.

I have to say I disagree. This feels pretty much exactly the same as it did last year. Lots of reports about how practices are great. That this is the best Fall camp ever. That we have more experience. Blah, blah, blah.

Same bullsh*t, different day.

9/4 can't get here soon enough. We, as fans, desperately need something concrete that we can look at and see if progress has been made or if all we're getting is the same old line of crap we've been fed the last four years.

:yeahthat:

I wish I had more to go on than "vibes." But it sounds like the players are at least showing much more emotion going into this season than they have in the past. Don't listen to Sacky. He's just a bitter 40 something year old. Yeah, Hawkins has talked about keeping emotions in check, but I don't think he meant that he doesn't want the teamto play with emotion. I think he meant that he wants the team to avoid a "roller coaster" ride of emotion.

Anyway, the premise of this thread is not about tangible things. Its about the intangible things. You know. Vibes, man. I'm getting good vibes.

There is a commercial that is just like this thread.

0.jpg

trojan-vibrating-touch.jpg

I'm getting the exact same vibe I had last year, only with an increased sense of impending doom.

Sacky - are you rooting for doom?

You, and a few others here, really come across as haters. If the Buffs have a good season, are you going to eat **** or are you going to change your tune and tell us it was Coach Prince, or luck, or some other 2010 item we haven't had before? Because I got to say, I really want to see you eat ****. I mean, I want my Buffs to win for a lot of reasons, but the top of my list is to see some of you guys eat some real ****, preferably in public.

Hawkins will have more upperclassmen starters this year than his first four years at CU...we should have a winning season this year for sure. If not, there won't need to be a debate about why we didn't fire Dan Hawkins after this season.

You, and a few others here, really come across as haters. If the Buffs have a good season, are you going to eat **** or are you going to change your tune and tell us it was Coach Prince, or luck, or some other 2010 item we haven't had before? Because I got to say, I really want to see you eat ****. I mean, I want my Buffs to win for a lot of reasons, but the top of my list is to see some of you guys eat some real ****, preferably in public.
1. I want the Buffs to win.

2. Coach Hawk literally makes me want to puke.

I don't understand why you feel the two need to be mutually exclusive. :huh:

One positive:

The Buffs offensive line did a better job on Suh than the Broncos did.

You think we want it to happen? I hope the Hawk becomes the bow gets his horns out and finally WINS GAMES! If that doesnt happen (again) dont worry I wont expect you to eat **** because I will be just as upset as you.

All bow down to Superfan, buffaholic. None of us are real fans, except for him.

Seriously, buffaholic, sometimes it seems that you would rather have some of us not be fans at all rather than share negative opinions. Is that actually how you feel?

Almost as bad as watching some on this board fall all over themselves making excuses for the last four years and explaining (daily I might add) how this year is so "different." I fully expect several of the sunshine pumpers to try spin anything and everything this season too.

I was a CU fan long before Hawkins came in and shat all over the fans because he could not win football games and I will be a fan long after he leaves. I have never understood the mentality that I have to love and adore the current head coach of CU, no matter his track record. **** that.

Odd Ball...?
I'm not talking about anything being said by writers, fans, or coaching staff. I'm talking VIBES, man. Can't you dig that? Positivity.

Moriarty1...
You could say that, saying" hawk sucks" every post makes people annoyed. I'm lurking waiting to see what transpires...

Moriarty2...
I'm getting the exact same vibe I had last year, only with an increased sense of impending doom.

Moriarty3...
I hope I'm wrong and you Koolaiders are right, but this staff will take another dump on this proud program on their way out.

I feel like I've seen this argument before... all of you Moriartys out there need to quit with the negative waves :lol:

DBT, do you look anything like Donald Sutherland?

[video=youtube;KuStsFW4EmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ&feature=related[/video]

I haven't felt this way about a season since 2008. In other ways I haven't felt this way about a season in nearly a decade.

Rooting for doom? No. Rooting for Hawkins to get fired? Absolutely. If there is a way for CU to succeed and still get Hawkins fired, that would be the best option.

Clearly, your tolerance for bullsh*t is much higher than mine is. At this time last year, I was absolutely positive that 2009 was going to be the year that CU finally made it back. We were strong, deep, and experienced. We had everything in place for a great year. Even the coach was saying "10 wins, no excuses". Reports out of camp were fantastic. This was it, boys. Just hold on tight, because we're about to blow the doors off this place. We were told, ad nauseum, that "this thing was ready to pop", and that "we just need to work on a few little things and we'll be right there". Well guess what? after a 3-9 season that could have very easily been 1-10, we're still hearing the same exact crap we heard last year. "We're almost there". "Just cleaning up a few little things". Blah. Blah. Blah. Sorry, I'm not buying this snake oil. I'm fully convinced that Dan Hawkins is completely and in every conceivable way totally incompetent. He doesn't have the first Gawd Damn idea what he's doing. If the team succeeds, it will be in spite of his efforts, not because of them. I hope that turns out to be the case, and we have a glorious year of kicking ass on the football field.

Best Case Scenario IMO:
Winning at home.
CSU W I shouldn't be so confident, but come on. We have to beat those pussies.
@Cal L Nope. Not on the road.
Hawaii W Toledo pops into mind, but the Hawkins actually gets the squad fired up for this one.
Georgia W Upset baby!
@Mizzou L Mizzou has crushed Hawk every time. Why is this year any different?
Baylor W Grudge match. Hawk better run up the score on them.
TTU W This one will be close, but with a new HC, I think CU will steal this one. Barely.
@OU L Uhh, no.
@KU W No more Reesing. Thank God.
ISU W Hawk better beat these clowns in Folsom.
KSU W A close one, but we get lucky.
@kNU L The fuskers D is the difference.
Bowl Game W -
Holy mother of God. Things are looking up!

9-4 -
If we can defend our home turf and actually steal a game and beat Georgia, that would instill the confidence this team is lacking. I'm still hesitant to give CU a W on the road. I say they have to get one and beat KU. But Imo beating Georgia would really put this team in a good place to actually turn some heads.

Worst Case Scenario:

Doom.
CSU W I still think we'll beat these pussies.
@Cal L Road game.
Hawaii W Still pull it off.
Georgia L Uga pisses all over Folsom. Thanks Dan.
@Mizzou L This one gets ugly. Mizzou rubs it in, again.
Baylor L The Baylor QB makes our D look silly. Baylor wins. :cry:
TTU L The slide begins.
@OU L Road game.
@KU L See above.
ISU W Whupty doo.
KSU L I hate Kstaters.
@kNU L DOOM.

3-9 -
Bye bye juice box. Thanks for the memories.

Reality Scenario:
:lol:
CSU W God I hate those pussies.
@Cal L Sure.
Hawaii W Why not?
Georgia L Outgunned
@Mizzou L Outcaoched
Baylor L We're >< close.
TTU W Not sure why, but Dan pulls one out.
@OU L Moving on.
@KU W Dan pulls another rabbit out of his ass.
ISU W Retard fight.
KSU W See above.
@kNU L The fuskers run up the score.
Bowl Game vs. whoever. L Another embarrassing loss on national TV.

6-7 -
CU qualifies for a bowl game, and get blasted. Great way to head into the Pac12 Dan. Thanks a **** ton. :thumbsup: DBT and Buffaholic continue to tell us what ****ty fans we are in the offseason. :smile2:

How do you function? I want cu to go 14-0 but I'll take a WINNING SEASON for the first time in 5 years under hawk. 16-33 and you act as if fans are out of bounds for being negative about this head coach and his tenure. What planet do they cheer this type of production? I hope cu has a great year, but you need to EAT **** for the last 4 years so start chewing.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? Cheering for the buffs is just like masterbation?!!!:ban:

I think he's concentrating on the "vibrations". Apologies if you already understood that.

@Valdez. I prefer the term "intellectually challenged fight". Thanks in advance for your sensitivity.

How do you function? I want cu to go 14-0 but I'll take a WINNING SEASON for the first time in 5 years under hawk. 16-33 and you act as if fans are out of bounds for being negative about this head coach and his tenure. What planet do they cheer this type of production? I hope cu has a great year, but you need to EAT **** for the last 4 years so start chewing.

:iagree:

Couldn't have said it any better!

Back