What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Potential for beat down = VERY HIGH

You mean Ambrose, who couldn't figure out to place Jimmy Smith on AJ Green until put almost 21 points on the board all by himself?

And what has Robet Prince done to earn your high praise?

Ambrose likely doesn't have that call, and for that matter Smith was never matched up man on Green he played his side of the field the whole night.

Reactions: DBT
Here's the thing: Mizzou isn't very good. Last season the corn, OSU, Texas, and Navy spanked them. They lost at home to Baylor-Baylor without Griffin. They won close games at home to KU and ISU. The Buffs should be in this game. I fully expect Mizzou to choke if CU is within a TD in the 4th.

I know the history-blah, blah, blah. This game is right there for the Buffs to take. Let's see what happens.

Here's some of Gabbert's stats:
(CMP-ATT YDS TD/INT)

Vs Illinois

34-
48 281 2/0

Vs. McNeese State
26-31 220 1/0

Vs. San Diego State

28-51 351 1/2

Vs. Miami-OH

15-21 187 1/1

Not too sure about the running game. It looks like anyone could step up. One thing is for sure, they're going to pass the ball a ton.

Here's the thing: Mizzou isn't very good. Last season the corn, OSU, Texas, and Navy spanked them. They lost at home to Baylor-Baylor without Griffin. They won close games at home to KU and ISU. The Buffs should be in this game. I fully expect Mizzou to choke if CU is within a TD in the 4th.

I know the history-blah, blah, blah. This game is right there for the Buffs to take. Let's see what happens.

We aren't good on the road. Maybe that has changed in the past three three weeks. I'm not holding my breath.

Missouri is who I want to beat the most outside of Nebraska. Styles make fights though and the scheme we have been running against them will not work again this time if we dont adjust any.

As I said to a couple of other posters i couldn't really understand not matching Smith up with green since Jalil wasn't cutting it; but I had it pointed out to me that corners in college typically play their side and don't shadow, switching to a shadow would have required a significant defensive adjustment that likely isn't Ambrose's call. The instances where Green/Smith were matched up were always when green lined up on his side of the field.

Switching a cornerback from one side of the field to the other means adjusting coverages, adjusting blitz schemes, etc.

Unless they have practiced alternating sides of the field, it probably is best that they stay on their respective sides.

Here is a look at MU rushing stats:

Vs Illinois
29 carries, 98 yards, 0 TD's, 1 fumble

Vs. McNeese State

30 carries, 193 yards, 5 TD's, 2 fumbles

Vs. San Diego State

27 carries, 89 yards, 2 TD's, 1 fumble

Vs. Miami-OH

38 carries, 236 yards, 5 TD's, 0 fumbles

They have done well when playing their lower competition, and struggled vs better competition

#7: chances higher than i'd like we spend Monday and Tuesday feeling a little too good about our Big W over UGA and lack focus for MU preparation. Though, that would seem impossible given recent circumstances.....but, these things happen.

If the coaching staff is smart, they get everyone hyped to watch film on Georgia, and put in last year’s MU game. Highlight Hansen getting sacked 8 times. Show the successful plays where he got the snap, immediately tucked the ball to run and avoid the rushers, and then barley gets off a pass the goes for 4 years (stress that this is one of our offensive highlights). Show Jimmy Smith making a great int, only to have Hansen sacked and fumble on the next play. Show the play where Gabbert sits in the pocket waiting for his #4 WR to come all the way across the field into Burton’s portion of the zone so he can hit him on a 12 yard pass play that turns into a 78 yard TD. Show the Buffs create another turnover, only to have a sack for a safety on the next play. Show the fake field goal, that apparently we practiced defending, score a TD before half to go up 33-0.

I used to laugh at comments about our game prep, but it's just not funny any more.

This coaching staff is an absolute embarrassment to this university and I'm absolutely done with them. The longer they are hear, the longer it will take the next coach to dig himself out of this mess.

We didn't hold anything back vs. CSU. Cal was not an "abhoration". We're just a badly coached team. I do believe there is talent on this squad, and that makes it even more embarrassing to see us in the position we're in.

Junk the Juicebox.
Squawk the Hawk.
Dispose of the Danny
Fire the fraud

Do it. Do it now.

^^This

Here is a look at MU rushing stats:

Vs Illinois
29 carries, 98 yards, 0 TD's, 1 fumble

Vs. McNeese State

30 carries, 193 yards, 5 TD's, 2 fumbles

Vs. San Diego State

27 carries, 89 yards, 2 TD's, 1 fumble

Vs. Miami-OH

38 carries, 236 yards, 5 TD's, 0 fumbles

They have done well when playing their lower competition, and struggled vs better competition

I looked at a Mizzou site(Rivals), and they seem to be pretty confident. Mizzou feels they had their big scare vs. SDSU. So they feel like CU won't sneak up on them. Especially when we just knocked off UGA.

Hopefully we can slow down their passing game. Do they still have some studs at TE? They always killed us with'em.

Hawkins quote from Longmont Times-Call today "Hawkins said he can’t explain Missouri’s control of the series in recent years, but he said he knows the Buffs need to be sharp."

I feel confident we are going to win this one.

=BuffsNYC;719655]Here's the thing: Mizzou isn't very good. Last season the corn, OSU, Texas, and Navy spanked them. They lost at home to Baylor-Baylor without Griffin. They won close games at home to KU and ISU. The Buffs should be in this game. I fully expect Mizzou to choke if CU is within a TD in the 4th.

I don't know where the rest of my fellow fans are..but since I like hanging with you guys...I'll answer this one.

First - Don't confused confident with distracted. The entire fan base is distracted because they have an A&M-OU-Nebraska-Tech gauntlet ahead of us and because they've won the last 3 matchups over CU something like 190-17 or something. Anyway, none of that really matters right now.

Second, you bring up the five losses from last year and that's fine. Not to make excuses, but the Nebraska game wasn't close (up 12-0 in a hurricane) when Gabbert got hurt. After that, he was in a boot cast for 3 weeks, which cost us (perhaps) games with Texas and Okie State. The Baylor game was a huge disaster, as was the Navy game. So what that usually tells us is that we are usually good for a gigantic freaking gooseegg from time to time. Will this Saturday be it? Could be. And close games with KU and Iowa State? KU is a huge rivalry game, and Iowa State was outgained nearly 2-1 while giving up 540 yards. Not sure how that is "close", but again..that's cool.

On the other hand, Mizzou has averaged 10 wins per year over the past 3 seasons, and is 34-11 since the 2006 season. Sure there have been a few eggs laid...and we've been destroyed by the Texas and Oklahoma's of the world...but Pinkel's teams tend to bury teams of mediocre or below stature. (San Diego State and Bowling Green not withstanding of course) :)

Finally..as for the fully expecting Mizzou to choke in a close game...you may be thinking of the 2006 team...because they have won 6 of their last 8 games in which they trailed at halftime. If anything, this team has done a LOT more to win close games than the old Brad Smith years...where everybody just closed their eyes and waited for something bad to happen.

Bottom line...Mizzou has played well in home contests like this over the years. There is a possibility of a letdown with the tough stretch that immediately follows this week. Aldon Smith is out, and Mizzou has certainly been beaten by FAR worse teams than CU could ever be. However, I think Gabbert has too many weapons to cover and the defense has improved 10 fold..especially at home, where two long BS runs from scrimmage have kept the rushing stats from being even better than they are.

CU is by far the best team Mizzou has played so far this year, and CU has shown the ability to shut down teams like OU and Georgia in the past...no reason they can't here.

I wouldn't put money on it...but it certainly could happen.

Hawkins quote from Longmont Times-Call today "Hawkins said he can’t explain Missouri’s control of the series in recent years, but he said he knows the Buffs need to be sharp."

I saw that. I was like "Oh, well. That's all it takes? We need to be sharp? Thank God we finally figured that one out." How long has it taken before we got that little detail worked out? We need to be sharp. Brilliant. That's some kind of genius coaching right there. Who knew that was all it took? "OK guys, we need to be sharp!" I feel so much better now, knowing we're in such good hands.

Back