What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Potential Staff Guess from impatient fan

But that is not exactly a ringing endorsement for CU.

No comment from me either way on that.

It is unlikely this is the case because public institutions don't work this way but it would be nice to see the pool be at the coaches discretion - say if he doesn't spend it all on assistants he can put it towards recruiting costs or something similar.

It will be interesting to watch this play out.

While I support the new staff, If BOHN had come out from the start and said "I'm going to hire an existing WAC coach and bring over 3/4 of his staff at an average of a 250% pay increase", he probably would have been laughed out of the press conference. So I understand some of your frustration. (1) I hoped he would bring over a BCS O or D coordinator. (2) I also don't understand where the propossed staff has connections to Texas.

I guess I'll hold back until I see them in action. I was excited by Hawk and crushed. (3) I was excited by Embree and hurt. This time I'm just along for the ride.

There is just so much wrong with this.

1) You already got called out on the DC thing but I will +1 it

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jeffcoat

3) If you were excited by the Embree hire I don't know what to tell you.

I guess I'll hold back until I see them in action. I was excited by Hawk and crushed. I was excited by Embree and hurt. This time I'm just along for the ride.

This is where I am; along for the ride.

Mike MacIntyre unfortunately is rewarded with a honeymoon period worthy of a divorced gold digger to a trailer-home busted groom in an arranged marriage consumated for tax purposes following a semi-lucrative scratch-off lottery payout.

The bride was not the first choice and brings along multiple teenage and adult children from prior marriages.

The groom has a sorted history of marrying, divorcing and paying huge alamony to an eccentric and otherwise unproductive collection of well-intentioned losers. Some members of the family remain bitter about the recent and hasty breakup with the last bride in an arrangement that was set up by a now crazy retired uncle and involved an inexperienced family member. The whole affair was as unfortunate as it was embarrassing.

The groom provides to this new bride an undersized rental home that was last redecorated during the first Clinton administration and continues to live under the same roof as his drunk drug-hating father who is bound to their miserly Denver based landlord Mr. Smithers.

I'm not saying this marriage won't work out, but this story does not exactly start off like some fairytale union between Princess Kate and Prince William.

Last edited by a moderator:
mckayladisappointed.jpg

If we´re getting the San Jose State staff for $2.6 per year

One of the things that prevented me from ever posting here was this.

So a defensive coordinator who has been defensive coordinator at Notre Dame, U. Washington, Arizona State, Cal, and Stanford is not a BCS coordinator???

Go **** yourself you dumb ****.

I guess your right. His continued success is what made him a WAC DC instead of a HC at or even a DC at a BCS level school.

I'm out. This sort of personal attack makes me want to drive to Colorado to kick your ass, so I can no Longer play here.

another one bites the dust :sad1:. Soon, I think allbuffs will only be populated by posters who are 35 year old masochists.

I guess your right. His continued success is what made him a WAC DC instead of a HC at or even a DC at a BCS level school.

I'm out. This sort of personal attack makes me want to drive to Colorado to kick your ass, so I can no Longer play here.

Why did you capitalize "Longer"?

What I find hilarious is you tools acting like every move bohn makes is gold. Wake up fools. MY logic beats yours any day of the week. Prove mikey hired the right guy. YoU really want 75% of the san jose st staff here? Keep dishing it. You guys are the same fools who eat a **** salad from bohn and think it's a philly steak and cheese time and time again. Sorry, you and bohn's logic has killed this program. Once again, CU goes small time and you lap dogs eat it up like alpo.

LMFAO

What I find hilarious is you tools acting like every move bohn makes is gold. Wake up fools. MY logic beats yours any day of the week. Prove mikey hired the right guy. YoU really want 75% of the san jose st staff here? Keep dishing it. You guys are the same fools who eat a **** salad from bohn and think it's a philly steak and cheese time and time again. Sorry, you and bohn's logic has killed this program. Once again, CU goes small time and you lap dogs eat it up like alpo.

LMFAO

You should probably find another team to root for, if you can't find a way to give MacIntyre and his staff a chance before they even coach their first practice.

QUOTE]

Good! Does this mean you'll now STFU and let the adults comment in peace?

Reading your post was a waste of time I'll never get back; Sort of like waiting for Bo Pellini's defense to stop Wisconsin. Or Water Bottle's team to show up against Stanford!

LMFAO

Stfu

Not sure why this conversation has gotten so heated and sending ABers to other forums.

It seems shocking to me that so many ABers want to blindly support anything MB and Coach Mac want to do and I understand but think it is extreme to be so cynical to assume we are doomed for failure based on who we hired and who Mac is hiring.

I am like an independent voter on this. What I mean is that I am not 100% in Coach Mac camp and I am definitely not out of it. I think he was a good hire and what he did at SJSU gives me reason for optimism.

BUT we have been through this as much as any team in the past decade in terms of hiring and firing HCs and the Kool Aid is all gone.

I also hoped Mac would hire a few more non SJSU non-WAC staff with the improved salary for staff. Not sure why people think that position is so ridiculous. But, I am going to let Mac prove it on the field. If he and his chosen staff can show improvement on the field making us competitive in most games we play and improve our recruiting year after year, than I will be solidly in the Coach Mac camp.

Until then I am reserving my independent status.

QUOTE]

Good! Does this mean you'll now STFU and let the adults comment in peace?

Reading your post was a waste of time I'll never get back; Sort of like waiting for Bo Pellini's defense to stop Wisconsin. Or Water Bottle's team to show up against Stanford!

Chance of STFU: unlikely.
Squandering more of Buffenuf's life: probable.

Anyone else find it interesting that Adams and La Russa weren't even rumored until a couple days ago? Maybe MacIntyre struck out on other candidates

LMFAO

What I find even more hilarious is you citing your "logic" as grounds for anything you say. You prove Mikey didn't make a good hire! Turns out HCMM's and staff's last team will likey finish Top Twenty, ahead of U$C, Ore St, UCLA and UW! Syko logic = oxymoron. I'm willing to give a try to a staff that took a DogSh** crappy program to a ranking higher than that of those "great" Pac teams.

Now, go pound some ground, then dig a deep foxhole where you can rest, head down of course! There, you can figger out your "logic".

Back