1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powder Blue on 30 for 30

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dply, Nov 9, 2010.

1. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

They showed our powder blue uni's on tonight's 30 for 30. It was on a Marcus Dupree kick return.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

haha, that was Mac's first year.

3. CU827

CU827 Well-Known Member

Just saw it. ****ing depressing that we right back there.

4. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

It was on the latest 30 for 30 episode. I'm not sure if it is online.

6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

"The Best that Never Was" was the fitting title of this one.

I watched most of this last night and found it very interesting and highly recommend it. I didn't remember much about Marcus other than he was a short-lived star at OU but couldn't recall why he never grew into a bigger star and essentially disappeared after a short, injury-plagued stint in the USFL. I was amazed at how good he was his freshman year and then in the Fiesta Bowl. I got the impression that he didn't have very good practice habits, along with the fact that he just got into the wrong situation for him at OU and had some back luck with injuries. Although I can't help but wonder how much of his injury problems were due to his poor practice habits. And with all that he still had an incredible first year at OU and shredded a top-notch ASU defense while only playing about 1 half of the Fiesta Bowl. It's sad that we never got to see what he could've really become as a running back.

An interesting sidenote of this story is that he is from Philadelphia, MS, which is the town where the 3 civil rights workers were murdered back in the early 60's. "Mississippi Burning" is the movie which depicts this story.

It's a 2-hour show but here's the link, not sure if it's the whole show though: http://30for30.espn.com/film/the-best-that-never-was.html

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

So I finally watched this episode. Heartbreaking does not begin to describe it.

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

He was flat -out unreal. I remember watching one of the games when he rushed for 200+ in the first half. Sad story for sure.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The high school film was unreal, guy was amazing. Hell, even the college film was amazing. The other thing about this episode is that some of these kids are surrounded by absolute scum, only concerned about how the kid is going to benefit them.