What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

POWDER BLUE OUT Facebook Event

The excitement and interest isn't for the game which to me is the problem with this stunt. It takes attention away from the game and the players and puts it on the pissed off fans.

If people are going because of this and not the game, then what you have created is a sideshow.
we disagree. move on.

What are we protesting here...that fans hate losing?? Do fans really need a symbol to show people they hate losing? Seems pretty obvious to me.

The effort to pull this together is commendable, but I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish.

It's already accomplished a redirection of the whole fan/CUAD dialog. It's accomplished introspection among the fans as opposed to an other week of fussing about Maiava/Ballenger/J-Fly/Scott. It has suppressed the QB controversy. It has provided some relief from the incessant name calling. It is a distraction from the harsh reality of being at the bottom of nearly every B12 statistical category. It has succeded in introducing the latest generation of students with the not always rosey past. It is a focal point for players, coaches, fans and the CUAD to get reacquainted with eachother following a steady diet of "about to pop", "just around the corner", "clean up the little things", "ten wins", and a other expectation setting comments. Powder Blue is the color of "Let's see", "Internet scum", "you are not a coach", "you haven't taken risks". Blue is the color of being ready to turn the page. Blue is a challenge to turn things around. Blue is not a goal. Blue is not a road map. It's a symbol.

Sorry, I'm not seeing how blue shirts accomplishes any of that. That Buff fans are pissed is no secret to anyone, and by going to the game and cheering the team shows you're willing to...show up to the game and cheer the team.

Maybe if you sold blue shirts to fans attending the game all week and gave the proceeds to the AD with a letter to Bohn explaining the changes you want to see that might carry some weight, but wearing blue in "protest" will accomplish squat IMo, except to further embarrass the team.

After the past 8 years of off field headlines and on the field mediocrity, are you seriously worried about further embarassment because of blue?

After the past 8 years of off field headlines and on the field mediocrity, are you seriously worried about further embarassment because of blue?

Am I worried about further embarassment of our program...uh, yes.

Look, I recognize I'm in the minority here so I'll leave it alone, it just seems like this only serves to allow angry fans to vent, but is otherwise not especially productive. I hope I'm wrong and this inspires the team, or the coach, or somehow unites everyone in a show of support, I just have my doubts.

Agree to disagree.

Go Buffs!:thumbsup:

Seems like it's more of a student thing. If it brings more kids to the game, awesome. It doesn't hurt a thing.

I think the Blue Out is brilliant.

The staff can't continue to put subpar teams on the field and not expect some sort of reaction from the fan base. Seriously. And as fan reactions go, this Blue Out is about as polite as it gets.

What does it mean? It's an expression of disatisfaction, and overt recognition that this team is as bad as it's been in 25 years. The blue probably means something different to each fan. For some, it's a demand for a new coach. For others, it's frustration that talented players show up on the field looking less than prepared. Ultimately it demonstrates that our fans care, and won't settle for a substandard product the way other school's have.

Should donations be higher from those fans? Sure. Do many of those fans realize that Coach Hawkins hasn't necessarily been playing on a level playing field against other Big XII teams? Probably. But fans in blue are disatisfied, and they want change which leads to better teams and better records. It's up to the Athletic Director to identify the best changes, implement them and make this team better.

However, a stadium of blue means that "patience" is a message that will no longer be tolerated by CU fans.

I'm a fan who can't understand how any true Buff would wear blue to the game. This is college football and you have to support the players.

It all boils down to this: You people are more concerned about your needs (getting rid of DH) than those of the players. And please don't say it's your duty to help the players by chasing off their coach. These kids are part of a team and, for now, DH is their leader. it is total disrespect to these kids to wear blue.

I've asked before and will again, how many of you would wear blue, if your child was on the team? I bet none of you. And I bet very few will answer that Q.

Forget aboput your needs and support the players - wear black!

Also as noted by Ringo:
Colorado will host 10 prospects from six different states on official recruiting visits this weekend. http://colorado.scout.com/

If you wear blue today, don't be complaining about recruiting tommorow.

GO BUFFS!

I'm a fan who can't understand how any true Buff would wear blue to the game, because I was sent here from the Athletic Department Damage Control Division. That's why I have so few posts, and didn't really care about your site until this movement became so irksome to the Athletic Department.

FIFY.

See my post above yours.

I understand your point, though I disagree with it. What cognitive barrier prevents you from understanding mine? Help me help you. In what other way would you like me to phrase it?

I'm a fan who can't understand how any true Buff would wear blue to the game. This is college football and you have to support the players.

It all boils down to this: You people are more concerned about your needs (getting rid of DH) than those of the players. And please don't say it's your duty to help the players by chasing off their coach. These kids are part of a team and, for now, DH is their leader. it is total disrespect to these kids to wear blue.

I've asked before and will again, how many of you would wear blue, if your child was on the team? I bet none of you. And I bet very few will answer that Q.

Forget aboput your needs and support the players - wear black!

Also as noted by Ringo:
Colorado will host 10 prospects from six different states on official recruiting visits this weekend. http://colorado.scout.com/

GO BUFFS!

Oh STFU. You're reading WAY too much into this. Honestly, this is tame in comparison to what goes on at other schools when the fanbase is pissed off. Geez, grow some skin.

It all boils down to this: You people are more concerned about your needs (getting rid of DH) than those of the players. And please don't say it's your duty to help the players by chasing off their coach.

Support the players - wear black!

GO BUFFS!

1) Blue is a protest against being on the verge of 4 losing consequtive loosing seasons. If you want to believe it's a "fire hawk" campaign, that's on you.

2) Fans in blue will be singing the fight song loudly and cheering on the team every bit as loudly as the buff faithful did during the Fairbanks era. When CU beats Aggie, the fans in blue will celebrate that victory shoulder to shoulder with the fans in gold or white or gray or black.

3) There is no official dress code in Folsom. The students and CUAD has not called for a Gold Rush or a Black Out. When there is no official dress code, CU fans look to be a salt and pepper and yellow medley of disharmony with blue jeans often being the common denominator. It's been argued before that the black/gold/white medley is disrespectful. Even the CU book store sells Buff attire in pink and green and other non traditional colors.

If you want to wear black, don't forget it's a football game, not a funeral.

Go Buffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, this is nothing.

Agreed. At Arkansas we went WAY beyond what this powder blue out entails. Fact is, as a fan if you are upset with the direction of the program, you need to do something to change it. The powder blue out is a nice first step, well thought out, and it does have some historical significance, but if its still not getting the message across to the administration, then fans will need to step it up. Banners anyone?

Back