1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powell out for Saturday's Game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1427

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Good.

Hey, I missed the game. Did we have any major ST gaffes?

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Surprisingly, special teams was solid. 2/2 on field goals and a 90 yard KO return to setup a TD, and a fumble recovery of an punt to ISU. The only complaint I had was they were routinely returning our kickoffs past the 30 yard line.

4. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat: Each kickoff return went out past the 20, most near the 30. Otherwise, one of the better performances of the year on special teams (not that the bar was set that high).

5. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Special teams also had 2 penalties for 35 yards.

6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I still don't think our guy touched the punt returner on the one penalty. The ref that threw the flag was behind the play. That was grossnickle's best punt too.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The KO return was great, and was clearly the result of some scouting. ISU wasn't kicking to Clemmons for a reason. They were worried about him. The fake pitch played right into their concerns.

However, kickoff coverage was awful, and our punting was a disgrace. True, Goodman was 2/2 on FGs, but the second FG was literally inches from the right post when it went through.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

If Olatoye had not gotten to the returner, it might have been ugly. I know, I know.....if if if if. Yet the PR had weaved his way 10 or 15 yards thru the coverage team already and was basically looking at the last defender when Deji hit him.

Still a work in progress, imo.

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Punting and kick-off needs help.

Punting problems are a mix of Zack's inconsistency and discipline from the rest of the team not to commit penalties.

Grossnickel's punting on sat didn't include any rugby kicks. However his hangtime was all over the place, and he's not getting good yardage.

Iowa State had a better punter - consistenlu going into a corner. And a number of their kickoffs went through the end zone.

Jaffee's fake lateral return, however, was electric. Best KR of the year.

10. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I was really impressed with Iowa State's punter. He is a true freshman which is even more impressive to me.
    CU needs to search nationwide to find one.

11. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I agree, punting needs some serious help...we are netting like 18 yards on a punt, so we should really be going for it on 4th down if we are around the 50.