1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Daaah, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Word is D Scott was punting in practice today. 40+ yards. Hmmmmmmm.......

2. tclbuff

tclbuff Guest

He sure was, along with Aric Goodman. Not the best form (almost no follow thru), but a hell of leg.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Cool. I guess we can just let Matt DiLallo waste away for a couple years while he takes up a scholarship.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Awesome,we already have a punter.

Time to quit being cute ...hawk.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

pooch punt!!!

You all know we should have against ISU.

6. Bali Buff

Bali Buff Well-Known Member

Left Footed

7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

BFD. It's practice.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

no poochy necessary. just should have lined up and kicked it. they haven't scored on us in the first half, why not make them go the length of the field.

i'm over it. really, i am. i think.

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Jimmy Smith looked pretty good during the evening practice. Same with Josh Smith.

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Thanx V. Anything else stand out?

11. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI"]YouTube - Iverson Practice![/ame]

12. Sexton Hardcastle

I got there at around 5:30 so i only saw the last part of practice. There was barely any freshmen there. The only ones on the field that i saw was Mahnke, Givens, Cunningham, Pericak, and Blackmon. At least those were the ones that i remember. None of them really stood out, but then again it's the first day of practice, so that really isn't that suprising. I was impressed with Jimmy Smith during the one on one's vs the wr's. He really did well. It will be nice having a 6-2 CB on the field. I hope he stays healthy. I didn't notice G. McKay on the field for the afternoon practice. Maybe i missed him. He's another one who needs to step up.

Josh Smith seemed to make everything look easy. One drop. But overall he was doing great. I always said he'll be the next great CU reciever. He has all the tools to be successful. I heard the coaches want him to take a more 'businesslike' attitude this year. Either way we are very lucky to have this kid.

Maybe this will be the year for Kevin Moyd to step up. I hope so. Nobody is expecting him to do anything. It would be nice to see. He's a shifty kid with the ball in his hands. I hope he steps up. He's always had the talent.

B. Givens was out there. He looks like he can still add some more weight. He's already a load. CUBuffs.com has him listed as 250. I'm pretty geeked up about him. I think he'll be an all american here at CU. The kid is that friggin good.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

I say it every year and it's no different this year. Take my analysis with a grain of salt. I'm just a normal fan like the rest of you guys. I'm not a coach or any kind of expert by any means. :smile2:

AustinTxBuff likes this.
  14. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Yeah, but for us blind-out-of-towners, you're our eyes. You and anyone else who makes the effort to see the practices/scrimmages, and is then good enough to share their thots & observations. Makes it as though we were there ourselves. We, the "displaced", are forever in your debt, good sir.

15. CUav8er

CUav8er Club Member Club Member

No doubt. Sure do appreciate everyone who can make it and then post.:thumbsup:

16. broncos1

broncos1 Member

Jimmy Smith stepping up would be huge for this team. Take some pressure off the safeties and let Walters roam the field. I agree I would love his size out there

17. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

That's why I like your reports. I don't really want to know what a reporter or a guru thinks. I want to know what a fan thinks :smile: