What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pre-Season Prediction: CU wins 6 games

I am at the point where wins don't matter. I want to see competitive games and not say WTF 30 or 40 times a game. I want to see fundamental improvement and coaching intelligence that won't make me scratch my head and say Why all the time

I'm with the majority here. 2-3 wins. Sadly, I think we will be hearing the phrase "Moral victory" quite a bit this year. I won't mind it so much if it means improvement, not necessarily in the win column. Just Performance.

I did not say they did not have big plays but as usual you are missing the point....Nick said the football games are "won or lost on explosive plays" That is an absolute and I don't buy it...Notre Dame and Stanford - two of the top teams last year were hardly teams of explosive plays yet they won a lot of games....so explosive plays were not required to win. I would maintain that if you watched Alabama they had their big plays after they had ground their opponents down. I also do not know if I count a 28 yard screen pass as an "explosive play" - although I guess that is subjective.

Baylor and Okie State are other examples of teams that had a lot of explosive plays - but in the end they were let down by their defenses.

I agree with this post.

People have already forgot how much Stanford man-handled us. Their Oline had a 5 yard push every play and their Dline was 5 yards in back field every play. While I agree with a previous post that Chip and Urban like the BIG plays and they used their stats to prove how smart their offense is....I'd still rather be THE Physically dominate team. THose good Oregon ducks teams would not have been a top ten team in the SEC. Probably 2-3 losses in Conf a year.

What I'm excited about is I really believe this staff will put the kids in the right position on the field to succeed. We will still suck this year, I predict 2 wins. But atleast we should be watchable this year. 2 years from now maybe a bowl game.

Seeing as how we play in a league with high octane offenses, give me the offense that can put up big numbers with explosive plays. Also the spread accounts for talent deficiencies much, much better than having a Stanford type gameplan.

Last edited:
I think we pull off 4 wins. I base the improvment on the fact that we return 18 starters, now I know they aren't all top notch pac 12 starters, but they did gain lots of game time experience last year and that has to count for something. Throw in the fact that we have a real head coach and a real staff this season I think they coach up the guys we have including an actaul offensive threat in paul Richardson back on the field.

Also, I know this doesn't really mean anything but does anyone else agree that Kent Baer passes the eye test in a Dfensive Coordinator? He looks pissed off, mean and ready to get out on the field and make a tackle himself. Greg Brown always had that confused look on his face, this guy looks and sounds like the real deal. I loved what I heard from him Saturday and look forward to him turning things around.

I think we pull off 4 wins. I base the improvment on the fact that we return 18 starters, now I know they aren't all top notch pac 12 starters, but they did gain lots of game time experience last year and that has to count for something. Throw in the fact that we have a real head coach and a real staff this season I think they coach up the guys we have including an actaul offensive threat in paul Richardson back on the field.

Also, I know this doesn't really mean anything but does anyone else agree that Kent Baer passes the eye test in a Dfensive Coordinator? He looks pissed off, mean and ready to get out on the field and make a tackle himself. Greg Brown always had that confused look on his face, this guy looks and sounds like the real deal. I loved what I heard from him Saturday and look forward to him turning things around.

Meh, it's just our tendency to look for some sort of hope. We've all heard the same things over the last couple of coaching changes about how this coaching staff was better than the previous one. While MM and crew at least have a track record, the only thing that will matter is W-L, and I would put the breaks on annointing them a "real" coaching staff until they've proven it.

Back