What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predict starting QB for CSU

Who starts at QB against CSU

• Webb

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Hirschman

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • Wood

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Dillon

Votes: 72 55.4%
  • Schrock

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Sefo

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
I would have a hard time watching a Webb lead team. And Hirsch doesn't fit the mobile profile MM talks about, but he does have arm strength.

I think its Dillon at #1, Wood at #2, and then a wild card, like Stevie Joe, at #3.

No

Pretty big moment for the QB situation coming up. Based on what I just read in the BDC, the top 3 QBs will get reps, and the other 3 are in for a potential position change or transfer. But they won't be receiving reps anymore. This needed to happen, I like the staff will be upfront with the guys who won't make it.

based on the practice report, we may not have a top three.
At this point I am starting to wonder if Sefo has a legit shot at winning the position. I still doubt it b/c HCMM doesn't want to come out of the blocks as badly as we probably would given the little time he would have with the offense, etc.

But it seems Dillon may not be the saviour many of us thought-certainly has a less than ideal delivery and apparently has not been that accurate and as has been discussed is pretty skinny.

At this point I am starting to wonder if Sefo has a legit shot at winning the position. I still doubt it b/c HCMM doesn't want to come out of the blocks as badly as we probably would given the little time he would have with the offense, etc.

But it seems Dillon may not be the saviour many of us thought-certainly has a less than ideal delivery and apparently has not been that accurate and as has been discussed is pretty skinny.

He also has a concerning amount of metal in his throwing shoulder. If he wins, the second string guy better be ready to roll if needed. Hopefully the higher ceiling guys rise to the top. Dillon, Wood and Sefo look to be those guys.

He also has a concerning amount of metal in his throwing shoulder. If he wins, the second string guy better be ready to roll if needed. Hopefully the higher ceiling guys rise to the top. Dillon, Wood and Sefo look to be those guys.

Since when do they put metal in your shoulder for a torn labrum shoulder?

Since when do they put metal in your shoulder for a torn labrum shoulder?

I had surgery on my torn labrum last year. They used nylon to tie it back, which will eventually dissolve. Never heard of needing metal. If he damaged the boney parts of his shoulder he might have needed a bone graph, but that's almost 100% unlikely as that's a major invasive surgery and would have a lengthy recovery time.

I had surgery on my torn labrum last year. They used nylon to tie it back, which will eventually dissolve. Never heard of needing metal. If he damaged the boney parts of his shoulder he might have needed a bone graph, but that's almost 100% unlikely as that's a major invasive surgery and would have a lengthy recovery time.
like, say, 9+ months?

like, say, 9+ months?

To play QB, I'd say 12-18 months minimum. Bone graphs aren't arthroscopic, it's a major surgery. The surgeon has to open your shoulder and take bone from one place and graph it to stabilize the shoulder joint.

The screws are the kind that eventually dissolve I believe. At least that is what they told me when I had my labrum/rotator cuffs repair surgery.

"Dillon was recently pronounced fully healthy from major shoulder surgery that, in part, required 13 screws to fix. The procedure on a shoulder torn 285 degrees, took place in February and required a nine-month recovery-and-rehab process."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...shane-dillon-ready-hand-pistol-offense/26354/

That's a major surgery, and to be back in 9 months is epic. I'm assuming he had bone issues as well if there's screws involved. When the labrum is torn, it's just torn down the middle or stretched to where there is shoulder instability and it slips out of the joint.

The labrum is not a full sheath around the front and back of shoulder, so the 285 degree tear reference doesn't make a lot of sense. But that was John Henderson reporting, so the details don't always make sense.

I'm almost a year removed and it still gives me pain. And I had the arthroscopic kind. I couldn't be more proud that he's back on the field competing. That is ridiculous he went through that kind of pain and is back at it.

The screws are the kind that eventually dissolve I believe. At least that is what they told me when I had my labrum/rotator cuffs repair surgery.

Right, they are anchors that hold it together, but usually you only needs a few. 13 seems very high. I was under the impression they were made of a biodegradable material.

leaning towards webb and short leash with Hirsch in the bull pen. I am wavering daily on my pick btw

Only 4 QB played last year; 3 @ CU; majority of PT going to JW. The 4th QB is the incoming Frosh Sefo. Just by the #s from last weeks scrimmage; no clear leader, but a close race for all of them.
I checked maxprep for their final 3yrs in HS; due to the lack of college games played by others; below are their National Rank & HS rec per maxprep; No stats for JW due to college starts;
National Rank.... Frosh..../..Senior...........HS rec.
Nick ....................717......1,060............30-7.rec
Connor.............10,892......5,855............23-12.rec
Stevie .............12,575......2,778............23-11.rec
Shane................2,648......2,857...........23-14.rec
Sefo...................5,178.........261..........34-5.rec

It is between Dillon, Hirschman and Dorman or Schrock. Webb is not healthy to be a close second.

Last edited:
So Webb isn't going to be the starter vs CSU because his thumb is swollen for a week in March?

Only on Allbuffs will a guy be considered a close 2nd when he is not practicing and has a swollen thumb. Ground breaking Physics on Allbuffs.com. You are also right he will have alot of time to work on his 40 time.

Last edited:
Back