What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prediction Thread- Game 1- Hawaii

@liverflukes I bet a bottle of jameson that CU has a better defense than Cal this year (ppg). Will you take that bet?

That's a solid bet. We can do that on a friendly or we can bump it up a bit bitch (and I know that you know we have a tougher schedule than your pansy ass preseason too - so...Macallan 18?

I'll even go further if you want. Let's bet on total offense. Say...Macallan 25? You're an attorney who bills by the second. You can afford an offensive bet too. What do you say? That's some good drinking...

They averaged 25.7 points per game at home. On offense, looks like they have 5 seniors, 3 juniors, and 3 sophomores.

Offense Starters
Pedroza (SR) (WR) - Started 8 games, lead team in receptions (59)
Ewaliko (SO) (WR) - 6 catches for 141, 6th in MW in kick returns
Kemp (JR) (WR) - Started 11 games, 3rd team All MW, 797 yards receiving
Molini (SR) (TE) - Appeared in 13, started 6, 10 catches
Clarke (SR) (LG) - Started 13, 3 time honorable mention All MW
Tupai (SO) (RG) - Appeared in 12, started last 3
Urban (SR) (C) - Appeared in 8, started 6
Allen (SO) (RG) - Started 11 as a FR
Hollis (JR) (RT) - Appeared in 2 games
Wittek (SR) (QB) - Transfer from USC
Saint Juste (JR) (RB) - Didn't start but averaged 5.1 yards per carry

I think they score in the 24 to 31 range

They gave up an average of 29 in home games. They start 5 seniors, 4 juniors and 2 sophomores

Defense Starters

Shawley (SR) (DE) - Appeared in 13, 35 tackles
Tulimasseali (JR) (DT) - Appeared in 13, started 8, 40 tackles
Rasmussen (JR) (DE) - Transfer from CU
Castro (JR) (OLB) - Transfer from UCLA
Williams (SR) (OLB) - Appeared in 13, 7 starts, 25 tackles
Fonua (SR) (ILB) - Appeared in 13, 3 starts, 42 tackles and a sack
Poti (SR) (ILB) - 12 starts, 39 solo tackles
Nelson (SO) (CB) - Didn't play
Henderson (JR) (SS) - Started 10, 54 solo tackles, 2 INT's
Lewis (SO) (FS) - Appeared in 11 with 2 starts, 2 INT's, #132 CB out of HS (Scout)
Phillips (SR) (CB) - Started 13 games, 1 INT (Against CU)

I'm saying we put, oh, 38 on them.

So, my prediction is CU wins 38-28. Somewhere in that range. It being the 1st game is hard to account for.

Let's not build up the mystique of Hawaii at home too much. They went 3-4 at home last year with a 3 point win over Northern Iowa, a 10 point win over Wyoming, and a 2 point win over UNLV.

In 2013, Hawaii was 1-5 at home with a 7 point win over Army.

We're going to smoke these fools.

Let's not build up the mystique of Hawaii at home too much. They went 3-4 at home last year with a 3 point win over Northern Iowa, a 10 point win over Wyoming, and a 2 point win over UNLV.

That is what my heart is telling me as well. But, man, after having my season opening hopes dashed year in and year out, I can't get that feeling of foreboding out of my gut. I think of UMass last year, for instance, and how we should have just smoked them even as bad as we were but, instead, we had to steel victory from the jaws of defeat.

That is what my heart is telling me as well. But, man, after having my season opening hopes dashed year in and year out, I can't get that feeling of foreboding out of my gut. I think of UMass last year, for instance, and how we should have just smoked them even as bad as we were but, instead, we had to steel victory from the jaws of defeat.

2014 CSU was a much much better team than Hawaii.

This. The "it's tough to play on the islands" talk has been very much exaggerated by Buff fans.

So maybe the "it's tough to play on the islands" isn't so exaggerated. Small sample size but still let's get a win before we go thumping our chests.

It doesn't seem like anyone looks past the home opener unless they are an awful FCS team.

I believe a flight to Columbus the following week to play the defending national champs and #1 team in the country might loom large. Could be a distraction for the 'Bows. Maybe not.

That's the real issue, rather than some awesome Hawaii home field advantage.

However, I believe our lack of road success in recent seasons has more to do with the awful teams CU has put on the field, than it does with some road-specific mystique.

We started Jordan F'ng Webb!! Think about that! And then put in Hirschaman who couldn't even see the field when transferred to Akron, and Hirschman was an upgrade!! Holy sh*t were we awful that year.

We started Jordan F'ng Webb!! Think about that! And then put in Hirschaman who couldn't even see the field when transferred to Akron, and Hirschman was an upgrade!! Holy sh*t were we awful that year.

We started Hansen

Hawaii and Fresno St are our only road losses in which we were (probably) favored in the last 3-4 years. Under Embree. Arguably the worst teams in CU history. Our road history from 3-4 years ago shouldn't be used as an indicator for our future road success/failures.

Meaning we started Hansen at Hawaii if that is the game you were referring to.

That's right. Tyler wasn't bad if only Embree had a clue as to what he was doing. Speedy was the only running back who touched the ball that game. LIterally. No other RB received a carry or target.

My point of how awful we were during the Webb season still stands. Cringe.

Oh, just in case the hurricane effect is worse than anticipated, CU 19 Hawaii 12. (Missed extra points, no FG's)

That's right. Tyler wasn't bad if only Embree had a clue as to what he was doing. Speedy was the only running back who touched the ball that game. LIterally. No other RB received a carry or target.

Totally agree.

I will always fondly remember the QB sneak on 1st and 10 that season. I remember tears rolling down my face because I was laughing so hard at the utter stupidity.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/17/3658920/colorado-football-qb-sneak

Back