What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prediction Thread- Game 1- Hawaii

I keep going back and forth on this game. Before the kool aid started flowing a month ago, I was pretty sure it was a loss. Now it seems like a win, but 'Tini guarantees a win, so back to loss. I think I'll wait until next week to decide.

I'll say this now, the last loss at Hawaii and last year's loss to CSU both came about because the Buffs were unable to stop the run. Hawaii's QB ran all over us, as did CSU in the second half. If I believe that the Buffs D has learned enough to at least be in the correct position to stop running plays, then I think we'll win.

I believe a flight to Columbus the following week to play the defending national champs and #1 team in the country might loom large. Could be a distraction for the 'Bows. Maybe not.
I do were Hawaii, I'd say "F Ohio St. We ain't gonna win. Let's put all our focus on the Buffs. Home opener and winnable game and all". But that's just me.

Jesus, that was awful. My breaking point that season came during the Fresno State game. I was out at a bar and every other patron in the place took their turn mocking me in my CU tee. I had no retort to offer.

I never minded the mocking, it was the pity that killed me.

Jesus, that was awful. My breaking point that season came during the Fresno State game. I was out at a bar and every other patron in the place took their turn mocking me in my CU tee. I had no retort to offer.

Has there been a coach/coaching staff in recent memory that was in more over their heads than Jon Embree and his staff? Not knowing down and distance?? You serious, Clark?!

I keep going back and forth on this game. Before the kool aid started flowing a month ago, I was pretty sure it was a loss. Now it seems like a win, but 'Tini guarantees a win, so back to loss. I think I'll wait until next week to decide.

I'll say this now, the last loss at Hawaii and last year's loss to CSU both came about because the Buffs were unable to stop the run. Hawaii's QB ran all over us, as did CSU in the second half. If I believe that the Buffs D has learned enough to at least be in the correct position to stop running plays, then I think we'll win.
I'm not guaranteeing ****. But it took Kool aid to predict a win over a bad MWC team?

Wittek is as mobile as my great grandma, and she's 103. And Embree isn't coaching this team and CSU was a significantly better team than Hawaii, and Hawaii won't be nearly as good as CSU in 2015.

I'm not guaranteeing ****. But it took Kool aid to predict a win over a bad MWC team?

Wittek is as mobile as my great grandma, and she's 103. And Embree isn't coaching this team and CSU was a significantly better team than Hawaii, and Hawaii won't be nearly as good as CSU in 2015.

She looks younger than 103 in the pictures.

what's our % chance of victory?

My coworker from Hawaii who is a UofH grad and who's parents had season tix told me, "CU will win. Hawaii sucks." So, there's that.

My coworker from Hawaii who is a UofH grad and who's parents had season tix told me, "CU will win. Hawaii sucks." So, there's that.

There are multiple posters on this site that have already essentially said the same thing, but flipping the teams around.

I think we'll win (yeah us!!) but it will be close enough that we won't be too happy about it.

Just want to make sure y'all know you're talking about a women who is only a few months younger than the Titanic

Just want to make sure y'all know you're talking about a women who is only a few months younger than the Titanic

Apparently, she's held up a lot better than the Titanic. I can't actually confirm that, though. I'll leave that up to Orr.

Back