What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prediction: Who will be the next coach?

Who will be the next coach?

• Total voters
Why would BK consider leaving Cinci?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/th...ian_kelly's_got_wanderlust,_but_nowhere_to_go

This.

in his own words:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=988486

What's the key to the program taking that next step?

"Facilities. It's the absolute most critical element that this university has to continue to take a hard look at. We aren't where we need to be. But we put an exciting product on the field. We have won a lot of football games [24-6, with two bowls and one Big East title since the start of the 2007 season]. Now, it's up to the university to step up and get these things done."

Is it true that you really have no practice fields?

"Yes, we have no practice fields. We practice at the stadium. There is no ability to go out and practice a spread, no-huddle offense. We don't get 120 yards to do that. We have to do it on 50 yards because the defense is on the other half of the field. It is hard to do, and I give our kids a lot of credit for being able to overcome it and continue to win. And, of course, we have no indoor facility. In fact, to prepare for the Orange Bowl [last season], we had to practice in an indoor soccer facility. It obviously wasn't a very good way to prepare our football team."

Where do you think your facilities rank in the Big East?

"Negative. You can't even compare it to any of the teams in our league. There are no luxury boxes, so there is no revenue stream there, either. We have the smallest stadium [35,098 capacity]. From an infrastructure standpoint, the university has to decide if it wants to get it done or not."

What is your contract status?

"I have four years remaining after this year. It is like any other contract in that there are a lot of provisions in there. One of them is that they have to get some things done here from a facilities standpoint or there is no buyout or a minimal buyout in my contract. I think all the things are in place from a contractual standpoint. I just want the university to keep moving forward on developing the program."

When does the university have to have facilities done so your buyout isn't lowered?

"They have to have them in place for this fall."

So, the university missed the deadline?

"Pretty much. Look, I just wanted them to know that it is important for me that if they want to continue to move the program forward, [things must be done on facilities]. ... [Athletic director] Mike Thomas has been awesome. He is with me on this 100 percent. But we have gone through a new president, and there was an interim president; you know how that goes. But I am an impatient guy. That is my problem. We can't wait. Our new president will have these things on his table, and I'll keep doing my job and we'll see what comes up at the end of the year."

oh my... next step... Our facilities aren't great, but they are definitely better then that.
now... What does the new president want to do?

http://news.cincinnati.com/includes/interstitial/ad.html

As for athletics, Williams will be an honorary captain at Saturday's UC football game but wouldn’t tip his hand on larger issues, such as the department’s $30 million in deficits or the difficulty in keeping high-profile football coach Brian Kelly at UC.

“Obviously we want to be competitive in the Big East and to represent the university well,” he said. “I repeat what (Athletic Director) Mike Thomas says: ‘Let’s enjoy where we are right now.’”

Doesn't sound like the new pres is gonna deliver on those facilities...

So ya, if ND doesn't take him, I think we have a shot.

He might be more interested when his frogs get left out of the BCS title game.
I could maybe see that, but I do think he's got a good thing going for him, and I just don't see him leaving a good spot for something that seems like a disaster at CU (ignoring the "potential" of the intangibles here). Especially considering that he's making 1.8 mil at TCU, so to leave that gig for CU, would cost us a pretty penny. No way does he take this job at equal or lessor pay. And what I'm thinking he'll be able to command after the seasons that TCU has had lately, he'll command far more than I think we might be willing/able to pay.

I'd love him here, I just don't think there's a chance in hell.

Why would BK consider leaving Cinci?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/th...ian_kelly's_got_wanderlust,_but_nowhere_to_go

This.

in his own words:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=988486

oh my... next step... Our facilities aren't great, but they are definitely better then that.
now... What does the new president want to do?

http://news.cincinnati.com/includes/interstitial/ad.html

Doesn't sound like the new pres is gonna deliver on those facilities...

So ya, if ND doesn't take him, I think we have a shot.

Great finds and post.

Kelly has been a hot coach since Central Michigan. He is one of those "fast track" guys like Urban Meyer. Meyer won at Bowling Green, got the step up to Utah nearly won it all in 2 years then gets the Florida job.

Every single big time school with an opening needs to have a conversation with Kelly this fall. I hope we do as well.

It really seems like everything is pointing towards him going to Notre Dame (his name is Kelly for crissakes), but would be nice to bring him to CU.

Patterson would be terrific....talk about a guy who is in command of his program, and the decisions on the field.

Back