What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

What you are failing to realize is that Embree's true freshman are 10 times better than Hawks' 5th year seniors.
Probably, but not too many true freshmen excel their first game of their career.

@ the people saying we won't play well in a new scheme. It's pretty much the same style (Pro-Style). The difference is the 3-4 defense which fits our players 1000x better.

Seriously.... I don't see how CU can win with no returning starters, a QB that was buried on the depth chart at Texas (yeah, their QBs are good right???), and no DL. Nwoke will run for 250 yards against that defense.

CSU=20+returning starters. CU=5? You'll have more true freshmen starting then returning starters

Prediction: I will be hungover, sunburnt, and pissed off before I even enter the stadium. I will also predict that I will fall asleep sometime during the 3rd quarter.

I hate the game, the opponent, the stadium, the travel, the tailgating, the inevitable 95 degree weather, the horse**** coverage, etc. Everything inherent in the execution of the Rocky Mountain Showdown needs to die in a fire. Except for Ralphie, she's cool. It's a pity she's involved in the first place.

Probably, but not too many true freshmen excel their first game of their career.

@ the people saying we won't play well in a new scheme. It's pretty much the same style (Pro-Style). The difference is the 3-4 defense which fits our players 1000x better.

Seriously.... I don't see how CU can win with no returning starters, a QB that was buried on the depth chart at Texas (yeah, their QBs are good right???), and no DL. Nwoke will run for 250 yards against that defense.

CSU=20+returning starters. CU=5? You'll have more true freshmen starting then returning starters
Where are you getting the fact that we have no returning starters? You Sheep ****ers pick CSU to win every god damn year, and it never really happens. We still beat CSU with one of our least talented teams in history, and CSU couldn't do **** against us on offense.

Pericak/Diribe>>>> anyone CSU has on the DL

CSU doesn't have that many returning starters, esp with the suspensions. We return Handler, Harris, Munyer, McCulloch, Pericak, Diribe, Major, Webb, Rippy, Henderson, Orms, Polk, Oliver, Darragh, Dannewitz (15).

Where are you getting the fact that we have no returning starters? You Sheep ****ers pick CSU to win every god damn year, and it never really happens. We still beat CSU with one of our least talented teams in history, and CSU couldn't do **** against us on offense.
CSU couldn't do anything on offense because of Pete Thomas...Well he's gone now.

I know you have 3 returning starters on offense. Idk about defense but I'm guessing 3-4. You'll definitely have to play 4+ true freshmen on the DL against us. So yeah... pretty much no returning starters for CU. Not like our 20+ atleast

CSU couldn't do anything on offense because of Pete Thomas...Well he's gone now.

I know you have 3 returning starters on offense. Idk about defense but I'm guessing 3-4. You'll definitely have to play 4+ true freshmen on the DL against us. So yeah... pretty much no returning starters for CU. Not like our 20+ atleast
Mainthreadrule.gif

FAIL. We return 3 starting LB's alone. And 5 guys who started at OL alone last year (Bakhtiari, Munyer, Harris, Handler, Dannewitz)

Are you really this thick?

Pericak/Diribe>>>> anyone CSU has on the DL

CSU doesn't have that many returning starters, esp with the suspensions. We return Handler, Harris, Munyer, McCulloch, Pericak, Diribe, Major, Webb, Rippy, Henderson, Orms, Polk, Oliver, Darragh, Dannewitz (15).
Yeah we do. The only player we lost this year was Raymond Carter (backup). 95% of our team returning.

Your 20+ starters returning have won what? We will have growing pains, but our young kids are just as proven as your vets who can't win in one of the weakest (top to bottom) conferences in the nation. Your argument is not valid here.

this game will be like watching two ugly people make out. two ugly, fat, smelly people.

lets be honest with ourselves now. it makes sense for a CSU fan to think they have a chance this year compared to any other year that they've played us. No QB experience (and seriously, whoever tried to say "but hey, he was a high school player and he prepped a lot!" is a very bad argument), RB is unproven, Dline will suck, secondary is questionable and never healthy, and then of course we have our WRs. And just what is our identity? We all have NO CLUE what our offense will look like. Hell, we might be starting a QB that isn't even enrolled at CU yet.

Again, if there is ANY game that CSU should believe they can beat us, it's this game with the 2012 buffs.

Now i'm not saying they will, but I can certainly see where they'd be coming from.

So out of curiosity, now that your the basis for your argument that CSU would win has been shattered, so you revise your prediction?

Wait, I thought this guy was in line for a Heisman?

My prediction once again is that this is the closest CU - CSU game we experience until this contract runs out. Our team will probably be 75% freshmen and sophomores. Anyone who thinks this is a walk in the park must not know much about college football. We're going against an unknown system being run by unknown players. And we're doing that with a team that's extraordinarly young and unproven.

I think we have the emotional edge though, after having won 2 of our last 3 in conference play including the road game. I like that we were supposedly able to practice actual football this spring instead of attitude.

Hopefully, we get this train rolling. The upcoming years, when our team is older and more in rhythm, we're going to be curbstomping CSU regularly. This will be seen as just a warm up game to get some new guys some reps.*

I'm saying 17-6 CU, in a game that's probably closer than the score indicates.

*(I've been saying that same thing since Hawkins' freshmen class that included DS)

Prediction: I will be hungover, sunburnt, and pissed off before I even enter the stadium. I will also predict that I will fall asleep sometime during the 3rd quarter.

I hate the game, the opponent, the stadium, the travel, the tailgating, the inevitable 95 degree weather, the horse**** coverage, etc. Everything inherent in the execution of the Rocky Mountain Showdown needs to die in a fire. Except for Ralphie, she's cool. It's a pity she's involved in the first place.

That's the bottom line.

I can add in another headache for myself, though. Last year, we dropped my son off at my parents' home and then had to fight traffic all the way down the 25. It took so long we barely had time to tailgate. This year, I'm not sure what we're going to do.

Option 1: Get hotel in Denver for the night and figure out how to get to the game from there since there aren't many options near the stadium.
Option 2: Nikita and Little Nicky don't come and I drive in early to avoid traffic.
Option 3: Little Nicky is mature enough to spend the night at his grandparents so Nikita and I can go early.

This is such a hassle.

Yeah we do. The only player we lost this year was Raymond Carter (backup). 95% of our team returning.

That's kind of what we were saying before last season. Sometimes it's better to move guys out when they know nothing but losing.

OMFGasm's Investment Plan:
1. Find an FBS team that returns all 22 starters.
2. Bet life savings that above team will win MNC.
3. Profit!

I'll go ahead and add some predictions of my own:

The DPD will be out in full force. Riot gear, horses, batons, mace and tear gas. You can never have enough of these items, you know.
We'll be told we can get into the stadium parking lot 5 hours before kickoff, but they won't actually let anybody in until about 3 hours prior to kickoff.
There will be about 400 arrests for underage drinking and disorderly conduct. It will be a proud day to be a member of the Denver Police Department. They'll be keeping the streets safe from the riff-raff.
The stadium personnel will only open up four gates for entry into the stadium. The lines to get into the stadium will be several thousand people long, even though there will only be about 30,000 people actually there.
It will take the better part of an hour to make your way through the line to get into the stadium.
Stadium personnel will randomly close off ramps and escalators, just to annoy us. Hehehehe. It's fun to have power.
The game itself will be a snore fest.
Post game, we'll be told that we must vacate the premises in one hour.
The DPD will sweep through the parking lots after 20 minutes and start beating the living hell out of anybody who questions their authoritah.

That's simply wrong, OMFGasm.

If you want to have a conversation without flaming, then count each team's returning starters the same way. If we went with every player who has started a game for CU, then we probably return 15-20 starters. We had a lot of injuries last season so a ton of guys played.

btw, why do you guys think Grayson is a good quarterback? Didn't he lose all his starts and throw a lot more picks than TDs?

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor poster OMFGasm!

Seriously do your homework first before making up returning starters, and total true frosh starters (who haven't even stepped on campus yet) for this game.

In all honesty, CU wins this game and relatively easily. Why? Two reasons: Talent and coaching. I'll explain.

1. Talent- CU always has a talent edge plain and simple.
2. Coaching- We don't know what the future holds for McElwain, he may be a great coach, but it doesn't matter in the first game. We have a lot of new starters, but ALL of your players are new starters under the new coaching staff. Last year's CU-Hawaii game is the perfect example. It was a total **** show because no matter how much you practice, your coaching staff has not had a live fire game experience, and these issues will happen in that very first game.

Colorado's dominance continues...

I'll go ahead and add some predictions of my own:

The DPD will be out in full force. Riot gear, horses, batons, mace and tear gas. You can never have enough of these items, you know.
We'll be told we can get into the stadium parking lot 5 hours before kickoff, but they won't actually let anybody in until about 3 hours prior to kickoff.
There will be about 400 arrests for underage drinking and disorderly conduct. It will be a proud day to be a member of the Denver Police Department. They'll be keeping the streets safe from the riff-raff.
The stadium personnel will only open up four gates for entry into the stadium. The lines to get into the stadium will be several thousand people long, even though there will only be about 30,000 people actually there.
It will take the better part of an hour to make your way through the line to get into the stadium.
Stadium personnel will randomly close off ramps and escalators, just to annoy us. Hehehehe. It's fun to have power.
The game itself will be a snore fest.
Post game, we'll be told that we must vacate the premises in one hour.
The DPD will sweep through the parking lots after 20 minutes and start beating the living hell out of anybody who questions their authoritah.

I'm going to give it one more chance this year. If it's like the last couple years, I'm going to push for ditching the 2013 game and having a big AllBuffs watch party instead. It amazes me that seeing a CU football game (especially a rare win while we've been bad) can be so un-fun. It shouldn't be possible.

I also predict I will be able to view the whole game from inside the stadium this year.

There is more talent on SliderNCider's sigline than on all of CSU. CU wins 17-9 in a yawner. This is the lambies best chance to pull an upset, but it won't happen.

What about your 3 OL and 2 starters who are suspended? That's all I know of
We only lost Gdowski and Madsen.

We return Brandon Haynes, Richburg, Caprioglio (out all last year but a 3year starter), Hathaway, Sambrailo, and Gragert. All have atleast 10 starts a piece, with Richburg, Gragert, Caprioglio having 25+

Back