What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame stuff for kids

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
My nephew is coming up to the game this weekend, but I'm not sure what there is for kids to see and do pregame. Do they have Ralphie out usually? If so, where? Also, when and where do the players enter? He wanted to try and get an autograph.

Ralphie is usually on the east side in a pen, just waiting for kids to come see her. :)

Chug beers at the sink then go do blow off a tri-delts ass. Nothing like quality time with your kids.

Last edited:
Before the game, Ralphie is usually in an area next to physics building (the tower that blocks flatirons view from stadium.)

I think this is on College Ave ... there are some booths, and a few vendors where you can sample energy drinks or noodles and co. some days, and you can see Ralphie.
if you arrive early (by 10 a.m.) the team walks from Farrand field, by Ralphie and into stadium with cheerleaders and band. About 2 hours before kickoffs.

In the basement of the book store they have a lady who does free face painting for anyone who wants it. She will put buffalos or one of many other patterns on the kids faces and you can grab the kid some gear while you are there.

There is always plenty of fun stuff for kids before the game. Like AJ said, Ralphie and her handlers are usually hanging just east of Duane Physics/Gamow Tower. They'll let you get right up to the pen - just can't touch her. The cheerleaders are usually wandering around the same area and welcome photo opportunities. When the team arrives they will walk right through the same sidewalk area between Ralphie's little pen and the Benson Earth Sciences building. The crowd usually forms a corridor of sorts and cheers the team on as they walk from the bus to the stadium. The Alumni Association always has a pretty good tent party going on just south of the Benson ES building with all kinds of kid activities going on. I haven't been to a Sacky Gate yet myself, but definitely plan on stopping by next time I catch a home game.

My 9 y/o daughter goes to the games with me and always has an absolute blast. Memories that will last a lifetime, for sure.

Bundle up, it promises to be a bit chilly on Saturday.

2005 picture but, like me, she will always be a Buff.

P9100008.jpg

Last edited:
Back