What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

Are there lines out yet 2 weeks ahead of the games? This one a pick or do the Buffs get the nod? Gotta be close right?

Psssht. What does Vegas know? A visit to Ramnation will tell you that this is an easy 10-20 pt Ram win.

All I know is 8/29 can't get here soon enough.We will kick the ever loving dog **** out of those ****ers.We are going to **** their asses till they bleed,they'll wish their Daddy never squirted them out.

Man that felt good to belt out

Apparently they don't like their WR's being called pedestrian. I only remember that WR/punt returner being a big issue. Isn't he gone? and didn't that fancy SBN preview note the WR's were just average anyways?

Apparently they don't like their WR's being called pedestrian. I only remember that WR/punt returner being a big issue. Isn't he gone? and didn't that fancy SBN preview note the WR's were just average anyways?

Joe Hansley #25 is only a junior

Obligatory post of... they suck and we will crush them.

This thread felt naked without that.

I like their WRs and TEs. Grayson can get them the ball.

There's not much else I like about their team this year. Solid players sprinkled throughout the position groups, but no units that jump out. Lots of holes and lack of depth.

Joe Hansley #25 is only a junior
He had a hell of a game. 91 yards receiving (8 catches), 92 yards on punt returns. The Kick return guy, Coffman, he's gone though. Either way, sounds like a WR corp that can hurt you, but not a particularly deep or dangerous one compared to what we will see most of this year. Just looked up the preview. Yup, lots of WR's returning (4 of top 5, including a TE), even though almost all of them are possession guys.

Strength against strength. I like our CBs/S in this matchup. Only one seemingly deep threat, and their top WR is the MWC version of Nelson Spruce. Should allow us to get some good pass break up/interception return opportunities from sitting on routes.

Wildcard: TE. We just don't have an effective one in practice to go against. Might hurt us, especially early.

All I know is 8/29 can't get here soon enough.We will kick the ever loving dog **** out of those ****ers.We are going to **** their asses till they bleed,they'll wish their Daddy never squirted them out.

Man that felt good to belt out
I like where your head's at on this.

I hope some of the ones like Csquared come by to give us some info, now that this is on Ramnation. The ones like Gasm can **** off

I hope some of the ones like Csquared come by to give us some info, now that this is on Ramnation. The ones like Gasm can **** off

Yeah, I think Csquared is the ONLY one that has an above room temperature IQ and interest in the team.

I think where I come from with this game is kind of how I felt before big exams in college. That is a fear of failure. I think it's critical that CU is successful in our first 6 games. Losing to CSU, to me, would be almost devastating. I know some will disagree, but that is how I view it.

OTOH, a win for CSU would be gravy for them. A loss would not be nearly as big a deal. They lost last year and still made a bowl game. To have a snowball's chance in Hell to make a bowl game, we HAVE to win.

Last edited:
I remember these same things being said in 2009 and 2012. I tend to think we have superior coaching than either of those years. As has been said, we have superior talent than CSU (which shouldn't even be a question, ever). Every time we seem to struggle we lose the big play battle, turnover battle, and LOS battle. Win 2 of 3 and game won't be close. Lose all 3 and we are in trouble.

Not sure what to think of CSU this year. Grayson is seasoned and won't make mental mistakes. As been said, we need to get great pressure with our DT's as I don't see it with our DE's. I also expect CSU to throw everything in the play book at the Buffs. Still think we win by double digits, but don't have the confidence yet to make that prediction.

I remember these same things being said in 2009 and 2012. I tend to think we have superior coaching than either of those years. As has been said, we have superior talent than CSU (which shouldn't even be a question, ever). Every time we seem to struggle we lose the big play battle, turnover battle, and LOS battle. Win 2 of 3 and game won't be close. Lose all 3 and we are in trouble.

Not sure what to think of CSU this year. Grayson is seasoned and won't make mental mistakes. As been said, we need to get great pressure with our DT's as I don't see it with our DE's. I also expect CSU to throw everything in the play book at the Buffs. Still think we win by double digits, but don't have the confidence yet to make that prediction.
The only reason the rammies had a chance last year were due to special teams breakdowns. All the camp updates, understandably, focus on offense and defense. But, hopefully, with better overall talent, our ST's will be greatly improved this year.

Gotta be honest - I love this enthusiasm. I have seen this many AllBuffers this confident/positive since ever.

If there was a year for them to beat us it was last year. They're worse this year and we'll be better than last year

Low-scoring, four-quarter game. Buffs win, both offenses struggle.

It wouldn't surprise me if this offense took a few weeks to gel. We're really young on that side of the ball and the identity is changed from last year's "find a way to get P-Rich the ball if you want to score" attack.

Back