What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Preseason Coach's Poll is Out

Bama is too high. Borderline top 10 team. Stanford is severely underrated.

Clemson's my pick to win the national championship. They get FSU at home and South Carolina isn't scary this year. I also don't see Notre Dame beating them in their building with a bye week to prepare. So it really comes down to whether Miami is actually back this year and that road trip, imo. It's going to be a fairly high rated schedule and it's one they should run.

Once you get past Ohio St, the rest of the top 10 are flawed teams:

TCU - back 7 on Defense got gutted in a passing conference
Bama- Offense is gutted, and team is young
bailer - Seth Russel better be good...
Oregon - this team lost a ton at QB, OL, & Secondary
MSU - only big question is a corner. Still plays OSU at OSU.
Auburn - graduated a ton
FSU - wasn't all that good last year, graduated it's entire offense, will be young

Clemson's my pick to win the national championship. They get FSU at home and South Carolina isn't scary this year. I also don't see Notre Dame beating them in their building with a bye week to prepare. So it really comes down to whether Miami is actually back this year and that road trip, imo. It's going to be a fairly high rated schedule and it's one they should run.

I think they've got a great shot to win the ACC, but that amazing defense graduated, and their OL is going to suck donkey balls.

Not sure Watson can stay healthy, but the path is definitely there for them. I am admittedly biased, but I think Auburn is primed for a playoff run. I also really like Michigan State.

I agree with the Clemson prediction and would add that I have Deshaun Watson as my Heisman Winner.

I'd also say that if they play to their talent (which they rarely seem to), that USC is loaded and should not lose to anyone this season.

SEC's still getting a nice little bump overall. LSU's too high, Ole Miss is too high. And both Arkansas and Tennessee went 7-6 last year. Arkansas gets a lot of credit for beating LSU & Ole Miss and almost beating Alabama. Tennessee didn't beat anybody.

SEC's still getting a nice little bump overall. LSU's too high, Ole Miss is too high. And both Arkansas and Tennessee went 7-6 last year. Arkansas gets a lot of credit for beating LSU & Ole Miss and almost beating Alabama. Tennessee didn't beat anybody.

I see a pretty even SEC this year with a lot of very good, but not elite teams. I wonder what would happen if the other 4 conference produce an 13-0 or 12-1 champ, and the SEC champ is a beat up and bruised 10-3 team?

LSU is a team to watch, though. All last year they looked like a team that was a year away. Defense and run game are going to be nasty. Comes down to whether they are able to make plays through the air when it counts, I think.

LSU is a team to watch, though. All last year they looked like a team that was a year away. Defense and run game are going to be nasty. Comes down to whether they are able to make plays through the air when it counts, I think.

That's the thing, Jennings and Harris were both below 50%, and those are looking like their best options again. It's sad. Teams will just stack the box against Fournette.

I really do think Arkansas can make some noise. And if it does not happen for Tennessee this year, it might not happen under Butch Jones.

I think UCLA can really make noise this year with Bradley as DC. They should be able to carry Rosen through the early part of the season before he really gets going. Definitely agree on LSU but their offense never seems to take the next step.

I really do think Arkansas can make some noise. And if it does not happen for Tennessee this year, it might not happen under Butch Jones.
Agreed. He has been absolutely tearing it up in recruiting. They also had pretty good classes the last couple classes before he went there. Not sure you can spin it after this year.

Not with Hogan at the helm, they're not! One week he's Tom Brady, the next, he's Cody Hawkins.

Although I'll grant you he was distracted last fall with the decline and passing of his father.

Plus they had to replace a significant amount of talent on "D". Its wait and see for them, too.

Last edited:
Self bump
48121625.jpg

You and most of the country thought that Auburn had a star quarterback this year. Oops.

Also thought Arkansas would start playing before November. Only thing I was right on was Stanford. Weird year.

Your Clemson call was pretty damn good.

Back