What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Preseason polls thread

hokiehead

Discussing music so others might think I'm human
Club Member
coaches poll out, CU not ranked, but getting votes. link

Top ten
RANKTEAMRECORDPOINTS1ST PLACE VOTESPREVCHANGEHI/LOW
1Duke25-117922718171/1
2Kansas33-57211312/2
3Villanova35-570011-23/3
4Kentucky27-9695216124/4
5Oregon31-76201615/5
6North Carolina33-761402-46/6
7Virginia29-859605-27/7
8Xavier28-655201138/8
9Michigan St29-654407-29/9
10Wisconsin22-134870231310/10
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Preseason is about the flashy trendy picks.
Who has the highest ranked players and coaches with a track record of championships.
They will not be right and leaves a chance for the Buffs to do great things.
They put more sway in the new freshman than someone like George who has proven himself in the conference.

Is Michigan State really a top 10 team this year? They lost a ton and didn't look good at all during that stretch last year when Valentine was hurt.

Virginia has reloaded nicely and they'll be a force when it counts. Nasty OOC though for a team integrating new (albeit highly talented) pieces

Is Michigan State really a top 10 team this year? They lost a ton and didn't look good at all during that stretch last year when Valentine was hurt.
Izzo is like Coach K : Field a team featuring Manute Bol and four Albainian midgets and they both get voted into the Top Ten.

Virginia has reloaded nicely and they'll be a force when it counts. Nasty OOC though for a team integrating new (albeit highly talented) pieces
are UVA fans starting to worry about VT hoops yet?

Buzz has done a remarkable job, but it's usually three to four years before a program really gets clicking (obviously there are exceptions like Tad). Just have to understand the mindset of the UVA fanbase, which is thinking Elite Eights and Final Fours. This will be an interesting season. Lot of new faces, but man they're talented and not all young. Keep an eye on Austin Nichols. The OOC does not set up well with most key games away from home. They may have some early lumps, but I expect them to be rolling come ACC play. Unfortunately, it may be Duke and everyone else in the ACC, but I wouldn't count out UVA as ACC #2 and capable of pushing for the Final Four.

VT is certainly one to keep an eye on if Buzz can get the talent gelled.

This could be a special season with CU and UVA both top 25 regulars. Of course, I'd take a deep CU run over anything. We need to make a move this season into winning at least one Dance game if healthy. We're due for a favorable opponent and even an upset to break the bracket in our favor. It's time to push for 5 or 6 seed instead of dooming ourselves in the 7-10 zone

Rick George on the pregame on 850 mentioned CU being 5th in the PAC 12 media poll. He said "I don't believe in the crap. Fifth really?"

Word from inside the UofA AD is that Trier may be suspended for as much as the entire season for a PED violation. UofA is not finishing second in the PAC if that is the case.

Word from inside the UofA AD is that Trier may be suspended for as much as the entire season for a PED violation. UofA is not finishing second in the PAC if that is the case.

While PED's are bad news, it seems like a stiff punishment if it's a first offense. Or do you know if there's some history here?

While PED's are bad news, it seems like a stiff punishment if it's a first offense. Or do you know if there's some history here?

Seems to be differing information coming out on length of suspension. Could be as little as three games, not a big deal in college basketball. My source thinks it's more in the range of the full season. Apparently UofA pulled Trier from media days at last minute as well.

I just noticed that Buzz currently has a top 10 class for 2017, wth?

He's not playing around. Not easy to recruit to Blacksburg. That said, we've seen this done before in the ACC and fizzle out. All about continuity and whether he sacrificed anything for sheer talent (I have no idea yet). Bennett has shown it isn't all about the star power to win the ACC (though Duke may make it that way this season). Bennett is increasingly getting choosier though, and rightly so. Buzz may make the VA hoops rivalry fun for once (it's historically one-sided, to say the least), but UVA's facilities and recent momentum give them the upper hand for the time being until proven otherwise. ACC is becoming increasingly between the haves and have nots. Not a good time to be a Boston College or Clemson.

Back