What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Press conferences

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Just watched Hawk's weekly press conference. You know what I HATE about these press conferences? It's that you cannot hear the questions! So what happens is that you see Hawk looking into space. Silence. Then all of a sudden he says, "Yeah, we were happy with the way that went." Then he looks into space again and then says, "I think I made a mistake there, I should have had us run it." WTF? Can't they figure out a way to let you heare the question so you can have at least some context as to what the hell Hawk is saying? I know. I'm a whiner.

Last edited:
Just watched Hawk's weekly press conference. You know what I HATE about these press conferences? It's that you cannot hear the questions! So what happens is that you see Hawk looking into space. Silence. Then all of a sudden he says, "Yeah, we were happy with the way that went." Then he looks into space again and then says, "I think I made a mistake there, I should have had us run it." WTF? Can't they figure out a way to let you heare the question so you can have at least some context as to what the hell Hawk is saying? I know. I'm a whiner.

Could not agree more. Now lets get it corrected.

I know what you mean, drives me nuts too. Good public speakers will phrase their answer to let people know what the question was. Not a dig on Hawkins, very few people are good at it.

I know what you mean, drives me nuts too. Good public speakers will phrase their answer to let people know what the question was. Not a dig on Hawkins, very few people are good at it.

All the sports press conferences are like that. I think, generally, coaches don't like doing them.

I agree about the press conference, but the fault is not with Hawk. FSN needs to put live mikes out and pick up the person asking the question. I can think of many reasons why repeating a question is a bad idea. Here are just a few. Many times it is not appropriate for a coach to repeat a question. When repeating and answering questions it is easier for the media to get the answer wrong and report out of context. With web sites like youtube, you don’t want to give people an opportunity to use repeating a bad question against you by editing the footage to their advantage.

link please. I like listening to Hawk.

They just need to do it like they do at UF. Make the reporter come to the mic and have a taser gun ready just in case. :devil2:

The reporters want to keep their distance - you never know when there will be a rant; easier to crouch down in the back than be face to face with a ranter

Back