1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRich playing this fall?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffalo Brad, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

CBS 4 just ran a story showing Paul walking around without a brace, no limp and Reggie said that when asked, Paul said he was already running and would definitely be playing this fall. I know it means nothing but the only reason they even mentioned the Buffs was to highlight Prich's progress. Here is to hoping he is making that kind of progress.

2. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

:wtf:

3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Only person ive ever seen tear it and play the same year was Rod Woodson. Matter of fact, I dont know that anyone else ever has.

4. RK

RK UBL Club Member

I really hope this isn't some sort of sick joke.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Jerry rice, until he got Atwatered.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

dammit - DO NOT DO THIS TO ME.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Terrence Crowder was a full track & field competitor this spring after a major knee injury last September.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I suppose it's possible. The surgery might have gone smoother than expected and the recovery time and rehab may have been less. I hope this isn't being rushed.

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Wasn't there rumblings that it wasn't even a for sure ACL injury?

10. tante

What do you mean. The docs would know for sure. Partial tear maybe?

11. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

So I am a physician so I thought I should weigh in on this. He had the surgery for a torn ACL and regardless of if it was a partial tear or full tear the surgery is likely the same and recovery time is the same. That being said I am not sure why he is missing the entire season. It does take UP TO one year to totally recover, but with PT and all most people are fairly recovered in 4-6 months. Usually to be back full speed in football could take 6-9 months So my biggest concern with PRich is that they would bring him back in Oct or Nov and we would lose a year of eligibility for at most 5-6 games. So I know it kinda sucks but if he can't be playing by end of september I would almost rather have him not play at all this year so we don't blow his eligibility. Just my thoughts.

MontanaBuff likes this.
  12. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Sean Tufts had an ACL his senior year in HS and started as a true frosh, rehab time is normally about 6 months.

13. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Let him sit this year please.

14. tante

how can it be the same recovery time. doesn't a patella/hamstring/achilles graft should take much longer to heal than a cadaver graft? What is the most common graft used by sports athletes?

15. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Maybe it was all a super-secret plan to keep expectations at AllBuffs low, the first day he was hurt it was supposedly a tweaked ankle....then - boom! Out for the season.....I think we've been had!

I hope all parties are taking the ultra conservative approach with this one.

16. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

[video=youtube;5-oJ8sBkiIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-oJ8sBkiIo&feature=related[/video]

17. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

I could not find the video on their website so I have sent in a request for a link to it.

18. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

For his sake, I hope he's not "rushing" back. He knows his body, but I'd hate to see him re-injure, or never get back to 100% because he hurried recovery just to play CSU or Sac St.

19. RK

RK UBL Club Member

If he can play the whole pac 12 schedule he should play.

20. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Yeah, give him at least that extra 3 weeks. We don't need him against SactoSt, Fresno, or eweU.

21. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I as well hope he isn't rushing himself back. At the same time I'm not overly concerned with him burning his RS for 1/2 a season. If he comes back anything close to where he was when he was healthy what are the chances of him staying five years in Boulder anyways? My guess would be fairly slim.

22. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

[video=youtube;kse0MG5n9wI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI[/video]

23. INTHABUFF

INTHABUFF Club Member Club Member

Not exactly high level stuff here, but I had acl replacement surgery using the patella tendon graft on December 22 2009 and was released to stand in the center field of my church softball team in March. It was full go for me in 90 days. Make fun all you want, but I think there is some correlation between a hack coming back with little support and a prich coming back with state of the art support. I say he'll be back in august. Managing swelling and slowly psrtipating, but back none the less.

24. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Our most winnable games on paper are in the first half of the season. Really almost all of them. Except Utah. I don't see a PRich who's been out of practice and not in sync with the rest of the offense being the difference maker in October and November that pushes us to the win column in games I don't think are even going to be close. And if he did pull off that miracle he'd be gone to the NFL after the year was up and take a payday from his rising stock. No, I'll take him fully recovered and for a full season in 2013, thank you.

25. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Didn't Philip Rivers play in a playoff game with a torn ACL?

26. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i thought it was an mcl

27. tante

there has been a rumor going around for a long time that Elway played his entire career on a torn ACL. I'm sure that it is not true, but it can be found repeated on blogs and messages boards fairly often.

28. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Hmm didnt know about some of those guys playing that quickly. I remember Woodson doing it back in 1995, I think it was. He tore his early in the season and played at the end of it, playoffs or maybe it was just the Super Bowl? I dont recall exactly how it went down. He was playing in like 4 to 5 months, thats amazing recovery. Anyway, Id love to see PRich play but only if everything is 100%.

29. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Whoa!

30. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

I have heard that and believe it. I lived from age 8 to 25 without and ACL and played 3 sports, skied at a high level and did just about everything else I wanted. I would "tweak" my knee about once a year, but otherwise the leg muscles compensated for the missing ligament.

I also think P Rich could be back if the rehab went well. I tore an ACL in March and was guiding rafts in June.