What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projected MBB starting 5 for 2012-13 Season

I'll go back and watch the Baylor game because he was beyond awful in the UNLV game. Every time he made a bad pass or another player stole the ball from him he had a terrible foul in retaliation. He was completely indecisive when he got the ball and looked pretty clueless on the offensive end.

If you do, you will be privy to one of the most comedic displays of "defense" I have ever seen. I am pretty sure it was late first half, but at that point i was pretty drunk. What you'll want to look for is a Baylor screen and Tunks tries to step up so our G/F could come off the screen and get back on his man who is still dribbling the ball. Well, Tunks thought he did his job for long enough and turns around (as in, puts his back to the guy with the ball who was previously just right in front of him) and starts to run back toward the net where he thinks his defender is that he needs to pick up. Well, the guy who still has the ball sees Tunks just turn around on him and starts dribbling right at the back of Tunks. Tunks then realizes something is a bit off, and turns his head one way to see what the hell is going on behind him (remember, he's facing the basket now). He isn't quite sure what's going on, so he turns his head the other way to see if maybe he misses something on over his right shoulder. By this point, the Baylor player is jumping up for a layup, which of course he makes, since no one can play very effective defense 180 degrees turned around.

I have watched basketball my entire life and Tunks showed me something I have never seen before. My favorite CU .gif is that one where Vickers just trucks the CSU player into the endzone. I love it! If the Tunks play I just described were turned into a gif, that might give Vickers' a run for his money. Honestly, this play alone should have gotten its own thread right after the baylor game.

So where was I going with this again? Hmm, well I guess what i'm trying to say is that Tunks has a loooooong way to go.

As critical as the europe trip is to the incoming class, I think it will also have a lot to say about how much of Adams we see this year. Boyle talked in the presser about having a longer leash for guys like Adams and Chen. While I have trouble picturing how many minutes that means for Chen, I think Adams can make a push for 6th man or even start early in the season if he can settle down offensively. He showed he's a competent defender and I think with his strength and quickness he has the potential to be as versatile for us as Carlon was in the open court and in the lane.

Adams definitely looked like a different player later in the year. Didn't he have a great play where he split 3 Baylor defenders and took it to the rack. I think he needs to figure out a way to get back up to his normal energy level.

Eh both adams and the African badass (artist formerly known as Simba) showed flashes, with AB showing more than Adams... I just don't have faith in a magical offseason to fix their issues.

Could get ugly.

Yup, lots of hype about good recruiting class, more interest in the program than ever, uninformed fans are going to flip out after first loss. CU is going to be super young, Dre is the leader of the team on paper, this isn't a jab on him, but his personality doesn't seem like one to be the vocal leader who will get in your face or pump up the team when down. That seems more like The mayor's role, he did that at times this year, hope he can grow into that role.

The competition in the PAC-12 will be much better next year too. Even if the team shows incremental improvement next year, the on-court results may well be worse.

My God, you people need to be a little more positive. If Tad Boyle can lose 75% of his scoring and come back and win the conference championship, imagine what he can do now? Don't be hitting me with those negative waves. The championship is ours until it is taken away. I don't see anybody in the conference that's better.

My God, you people need to be a little more positive. If Tad Boyle can lose 75% of his scoring and come back and win the conference championship, imagine what he can do now? Don't be hitting me with those negative waves. The championship is ours until it is taken away. I don't see anybody in the conference that's better.

I do.

I anticipate us, yet again, starting slow and picking up a bad loss or two and closing strong. The problem is, I don't think the PAC will be weak enough for us to overcome our slow start.

That number was helped out a lot by having a known quantity in Carlon Brown leading us in scoring this year. Plus we had 3 SR starters. Next year it looks like Soph, Soph, Frosh, JR, Frosh

That number was helped out a lot by having a known quantity in Carlon Brown leading us in scoring this year. Plus we had 3 SR starters. Next year it looks like Soph, Soph, Frosh, JR, Frosh

on the other hand. Dre had a huge year and his offensive game can only get better and two of our best players were Spencer and Ski and they should make a jump from their freshman to sophomore years. If two of the young guys can play like ski and Spencer did for us this year we should be fine.

on the other hand. Dre had a huge year and his offensive game can only get better and two of our best players were Spencer and Ski and they should make a jump from their freshman to sophomore years. If two of the young guys can play like ski and Spencer did for us this year we should be fine.

I'm gonna joinin and say... keep those expectations tempered. We will not match this year, and not even close. Mostly due to the pac regaining its footing. We will have more talent, but it will take a lot for Tad to get us in title contention.

I am very nervous about next year.

Agreed, we'll drop at least one terrible game in the out of conf. schedule. I fully expect this team to be like tad's others, start slow figure things out, come on late. BUt with what UW could return, and what UofA has coming in we'll be a 4 or worse seed come pac-12 tourney.

Agreed, we'll drop at least one terrible game in the out of conf. schedule. I fully expect this team to be like tad's others, start slow figure things out, come on late. BUt with what UW could return, and what UofA has coming in we'll be a 4 or worse seed come pac-12 tourney.

I think we'll start faster this year despite being younger. That European tour will have us playing better early.

I'm gonna joinin and say... keep those expectations tempered. We will not match this year, and not even close. Mostly due to the pac regaining its footing. We will have more talent, but it will take a lot for Tad to get us in title contention.

I don't think we will win the PAC next year, but I think the new team should be just as good, and possibly more talented. I do agree the PAC will be much tougher next year.

Tunks needs a good offseason where he's not worrying about his knee, and he'll be fine. If Dufault can have the progression he did in the post over 4 years, so can Tunks. Difference is he's taller, longer, and can be a true 5.

Tunks needs a good offseason where he's not worrying about his knee, and he'll be fine. If Dufault can have the progression he did in the post over 4 years, so can Tunks. Difference is he's taller, longer, and can be a true 5.

hopefully then hand surgery works out for him as well. The feet for hands and hands for feet are great for climbing a tree but make it tough to grab a basketball.

I agree with anyone that is telling everyone to temper those expectations for next season. I don't see us winning the Pac-12 next season but we can do that in '14 and later. We will be a young team next season and it could show next season unless the freshmen grow up quickly.

I want to see the non-conference slate for next season before we can start making some predictions. I know that we will be playing Utah twice plus CSU in Boulder and Wyoming in Laramie. Also what Pac-12 programs will we play once and twice next season?

A good goal for next season's team is another 20 win season plus finishing in the top half of the Pac-12. We have that practice facility and sub 20 win seasons should be a thing of the past. It wouldn't surprise me if CU has another NIT apperance next season before doing the NCAA tourney in '14 and '15.

We're dancing next year and winning 25+. **** these low expectations. It's time to raise them.

We're dancing next year and winning 25+. **** these low expectations. It's time to raise them.

So you would say a reasonable expectation would be to break the all time single season wins mark at Cu with next years very young team?

This.

Stop being such a bunch of nancy boys. We're going dancing again next year. Get used to it. We have a good basketball team now. Stop worrying about when the other shoe is going to drop. If it didn't drop this year, it's not going to drop next year.

I want to see the non-conference slate for next season before we can start making some predictions. I know that we will be playing Utah twice plus CSU in Boulder and Wyoming in Laramie. Also what Pac-12 programs will we play once and twice next season?

Along with the Charleston Classic, we have CSU & AFA at home, Wyoming & Fresno State on the road for non-conference. That leaves anywhere from 4-6 more games. Hopefully won't be too many SWAC teams in there.

Next year we dodge the home & away with Cal, Stanford, Oregon and Oregon State. Not sure which ones we get at home and which on the road though.

EDIT - if I read it correctly, I think we get the Bay Area at home and the Oregons on the road.

Our goal for every season should be 20+ wins.

I agree with tempering expectations on which post-season tourney we make and whether we should like our chances to win the Pac-12 (regular season or tournament).

People need to remember that we over-achieved this season. We may very well over-achieve again next year. But an awful lot would have to go right for us to repeat as P-12 Champions.

The Mayor is a natural PG, He will be the leader of the team next year. Book it. We go undefeated OCC. Go undefeated through the PAC-12 get a #1 seed in the Tournament. Defeat Nebraska in the first round, Beat Baylor in the round of 32, DESTROY Missou in Sweet 16, kill Notre Dame in Elite Eight, Win against Kansas in the Final Four. And to top it off Beat those ****sucking Longhorns of Texas by 30 points in the Natty. Get the #1 recruiting class in the nation, Bill Self gets fired from Kansas, who go after Tad, who then rejects them in a national press conference. We expand CEC into a 30,000 arena. Win 10 straight basketball titles. And we become ESPN's team of the decade. Book it.

The Mayor is a natural PG, He will be the leader of the team next year. Book it. We go undefeated OCC. Go undefeated through the PAC-12 get a #1 seed in the Tournament. Defeat Nebraska in the first round, Beat Baylor in the round of 32, DESTROY Missou in Sweet 16, kill Notre Dame in Elite Eight, Win against Kansas in the Final Four. And to top it off Beat those ****sucking Longhorns of Texas by 30 points in the Natty. Get the #1 recruiting class in the nation, Bill Self gets fired from Kansas, who go after Tad, who then rejects them in a national press conference. We expand CEC into a 30,000 arena. Win 10 straight basketball titles. And we become ESPN's team of the decade. Book it.

Psshhhh. Like Nebraska would make the tournament.

Ridiculous. kNebraska ain't gonna make the tourney next year!

EDIT: Dammit, Sacky! :lol:

Back