What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projecting Next Week's Top 25 (CU mentioned)

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-7_15-24-31.png
    upload_2016-9-7_15-24-31.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 2
Sounds fishy. Alabama is 1-0, they beat a winless USC team. Somehow the formula is rigged to pick the best team. Which it did.

Back ck to this thread. Thrashing I State (the game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicates) can only help, but really it's all about what other teams with more first-week votes did.

If we don't pick up a couple of Georgia's votes, there is no justice. At least we thoroughly crushed the lousy team on our schedule.

Georgia is just weird. All that talent they have and they play down to whoever. Teams like that underachieve.

That's your 50-50 proposition when you play that far down you your opposition. You win or lose on flukey plays. We know this all too well.
Yep, you're right. However, I didn't watch it but heard it was more about an awful officiating mistake that gave CM an un timed down, when it wasn't supposed to, than the Hail Mary itself. Both the conferences and officials have admitted it shouldn't have have happened.

Yep, you're right. However, I didn't watch it but heard it was more about an awful officiating mistake that gave CM an un timed down, when it wasn't supposed to, than the Hail Mary itself. Both the conferences and officials have admitted it shouldn't have have happened.
That's what I heard too but they shouldn't have to apologize for the W. The refs ****ed it up, let them carry it.

I'm not saying we will or should be, just posing the question haha
Only 2 top 25 teams lost (Okie St, and TCU), so probably not enough shakeup in the rankings to get us in. Hard to move much in a week where seemingly all of college football had cupcakes on the schedule.

No way that CU will move into the Top 25. May not get a vote again this week. And that is fair.

Oklahoma State should drop out (#22 and lost at home to a G5 team). TCU should drop out (followed wk 1 giving up 41 to FCS SDSU with a home loss to Arkansas, which was coming off a 1 pt win over LA Tech).

So that's 2 spots.

From the "Others Receiving Votes" teams, everyone except BYU won.

This is the problem I have with preseason polls...I think they should be banned til after week 3...

That's where I was, but I changed my mind this morning.

Reason being, the polls are meaningless now. The only ranking that matters these days doesn't come out until November 1st. So the AP & Coaches polls are just something to give us something to talk about. Harmless fun. We're just not out of the habit of taking them seriously since they mattered only 3 years ago.

That's where I was, but I changed my mind this morning.

Reason being, the polls are meaningless now. The only ranking that matters these days doesn't come out until November 1st. So the AP & Coaches polls are just something to give us something to talk about. Harmless fun. We're just not out of the habit of taking them seriously since they mattered only 3 years ago.
That's a great point...gives us something to talk about and it does end up working itself out in the end.

Same with Okie State. Although, they kind of got hosed.
They did have a rule misapplied, but I think the rule exception is stupid. Why should a team benefit from purposefully breaking a rule?
The officials screwed up by doing what SHOULD be right.

Back