What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projecting Next Week's Top 25 (CU mentioned)

C'mon. You serious, Clark?

Absolutely. Where would the hole be on the resume? Started with 2 dominant performances, one against a rival at a neutral site. Sure, it's an average MWC team, but there's no criticism from that performance. Then, a true road win over a team that was dominant itself the first 2 weeks and considered a Top 5 or Top 10 team by everyone? Who would be able to match that on their resume?

I'm not saying it would mean that I'd project CU in the Top 10 at year end, but after 3 weeks it would have earned a Top 10 ranking at this point in the 2016 season. It's about this season, not last year or recent years, right?

If CU wins at Michigan, that would be the most impressive win any team has on its resume this season. I don't know how anyone in good conscience wouldn't rank CU in the Top 10.
Top 10 is a little ambitious after one big time win, IMO, but if Wisconsin can jump from unranked to #10 after beating a top 5 program, not sure why CU should be treated differently (they will treated differently, though).

Absolutely. Where would the hole be on the resume? Started with 2 dominant performances, one against a rival at a neutral site. Sure, it's an average MWC team, but there's no criticism from that performance. Then, a true road win over a team that was dominant itself the first 2 weeks and considered a Top 5 or Top 10 team by everyone? Who would be able to match that on their resume?

I'm not saying it would mean that I'd project CU in the Top 10 at year end, but after 3 weeks it would have earned a Top 10 ranking at this point in the 2016 season. It's about this season, not last year or recent years, right?
I would say the ceiling would be #15. That's it. Two crap wins and an exceptional win. Prove that exceptional win to me @ Oregon, then we will talk top 10.

No. It's not about last year. But it's about proving the program belongs. The history is there. It's not good. CU can beat two crap teams, catch lightning in a bottle vs Michigan and still drop the next three games.

IMO, 15 is as high as CU would go and that's where I'd put them. I do understand your argument and I cant say it's absurd. I just find it very unlikely.

Like you said, fun to talk about.

If CU wins at Michigan, that would be the most impressive win any team has on its resume this season. I don't know how anyone in good conscience wouldn't rank CU in the Top 10.
I didn't say that's where we should be ranked. I said I thought it's where we would be ranked. Most voters still think of us as the Bad News Buffs. If we pull it off we won't get the credit we would deserve. Credit will come eventually if we keep up what we saw the first two weeks all season.

Frankly, my hope is that CU wins and ends up ranked much lower than Michigan on Sunday. Put a chip on their shoulders for the Oregon game.
Beat a ranked Oregon and we should be top3 then, only team to knock off 2 high ranked teams like that.

I understand it was a home game, but the Bama thrashing of USC was pretty impressive.

I understand it was a home game, but the Bama thrashing of USC was pretty impressive.

Actually that game was at Jerry World, and you're right, it was pretty damn impressive.

I don't give two ****s about rankings right now. Go out, compete, shock the world, and all that other **** will take care of itself.

Rankings Schmankings.

Play the game.

All this talk is delusional at best wishful thinking maybe. Polls blah blah blah.

Buff look okay against weak competition.

I expect the Buffs to beat the spread and actually have a chance at the end.

This game don't mean crap.

Just a high intensity practice. Real games start next week.

Buffs

I understand the argument, but no way this is a low-pressure game for the Buffs. From the coaching staff to players to fans, everyone knows this game may reveal whether the Rise is real or just talk. Don't mean we have to win this game to prove ourselves, but we need to compete and be within sight of winning.

Every season teams in the 15-25 range get crushed by legitimate top 5 teams. I contend that getting crushed by Michigan does not mean we are not top 25 material.

Rankings Schmankings.

Play the game.

All this talk is delusional at best wishful thinking maybe. Polls blah blah blah.

Buffs
"Buffs look okay against weak competition". Are we watching the same games?

If we lose to Michigan, it doens't end our season.
I think we have a great opportunity to go into Eugene and walk away with a win.

I think we end the season in the top 22 iwth a bevy of wins and a handful of losses.

Rankings Schmankings.

Play the game.

Buffs
facepalm.jpg

Rankings Schmankings.

Play the game.

Buffs

Buffs looked absolutely dominant over weak competition. What is this "they looked okay" garbage? I am hoping that the defense proves they are the truth this week. Upsets happen every week in college football to teams ranked all over the spectrum. Why not us? You are right this game doesn't end our season, not even close, but man... if they pull it off? It launches us to a whole different level.

Buffs looked absolutely dominant over weak competition. What is this "they looked okay" garbage? I am hoping that the defense proves they are the truth this week. Upsets happen every week in college football to teams ranked all over the spectrum. Why not us? You are right this game doesn't end our season, not even close, but man... if they pull it off? It launches us to a whole different level.

Dominant? Oh Okay. I am hoping the defense is the truth. The offense has a long way to go. I too am hoping for the upset. I believe they will cover the spread. Yup the players gotta play great. And the coaches from the top down need to quit dreaming and continue get the team totally ready from all aspects. One can expect some player errors, but coaching errors in preparation and in game decisions are not allowed.

Last edited:
Seriously. Some fans here are nuts. We haven't dominated teams like this in the past 15 years. We've outscored our opponents 100 to 14..... And it easily could have been larger margins.

Yet some fans still think we are playing mediocre. Newsflash folks, lots of even Top 10 teams don't dominate weak competition like this.

Michigan may demolish us next on Saturday, but that doesn't diminish the performance in these first two games.

Dominant? Oh Okay. I am hoping the defense is the truth. The offense has a long way to go. I too am hoping for the upset. I believe they will cover the spread. Yup the players gotta play great. And the coaches from the top down need to quit dreaming and continue get the team totally ready from all aspects. One can expect some player errors, but coaching errors in preparation and in game decisions are not allowed.
That was the highest margin of victory against back to back teams since 1994. Yes, they were dominant. Yes, the competition was suspect, but please - you cannot win by more than that and still call off the dogs.

Do I believe those wins mean we beat Michigan? I believe it shows we have a puncher's chance.

Offense has a long way to go? They have scored 100pts in 2 games?!? They have rolled up 1175 total yards. They have no interceptions. Sefo missed 3 passes against ISU and those 3 passes were the ones of 50+ yards.

The offense has work to do no doubt. But they are finally looking Pac-12 Level

Offense has a long way to go? They have scored 100pts in 2 games?!? They have rolled up 1175 total yards. They have no interceptions. Sefo missed 3 passes against ISU and those 3 passes were the ones of 50+ yards.

The offense has work to do no doubt. But they are finally looking Pac-12 Level
Offensive line remains a question mark. RBs have a low ceiling as well, but aren't bad.. WR's look like a strength. QB is above average. Conclusion: looks like an average to good P12 offense. Let's see how that OL looks against Michigan.

Offensive line remains a question mark. RBs have a low ceiling as well, but aren't bad.. WR's look like a strength. QB is above average. Conclusion: looks like an average to good P12 offense. Let's see how that OL looks against Michigan.

Definitely big test coming up on saturday. That DL is good, but so is ours so hopefully it won't be a huge adjustment from practice for them.

Anyone else think the OL actually looks better overall with Sully at C? Think Kelley is the better run blocker, but otherwise I think Sully is the guy.

QB still remains a question mark.
I struggled with that one. His performance thus far has been above average to good. We all know he will make bad mistakes at times. But was his regression last year injury and OL induced or true sefo?

I struggled with that one. His performance thus far has been above average to good. We all know he will make bad mistakes at times. But was his regression last year injury and OL induced or true sefo?

Good question. Feel like his receivers have bailed him out a fair amount during the first two games, hopefully the accuracy improves somewhat.

Good question. Feel like his receivers have bailed him out a fair amount during the first two games, hopefully the accuracy improves somewhat.
Bailed out some (great catch, Bryce Bo-Bee-Bo!) but also some bad drops by Bobo and Ross. More in the CSU game. I don't think we can take much of anything from last week's game. His 3 misses were all deep, but close, and at least one was arguably catch-able. I think it is fair to give him an incomplete, but trending to good, grade.

What he will never be is elite. He just doesn't have that accuracy to hit guys in perfect stride in the short to medium range consistently, which is annoying given his decent deep accuracy. He has to stop throwing those occasional ducks too. Can't have those in a close game.

Back