1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

promotional codes for tix?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Looking to get two tix for the CSU game but don't want to drop $50-60 for endzone seats... Anyone know of any promo codes that will get me a deal like they were doing last year?

Or anyone have two seats together for $75?

2. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Nevermind, I bit the bullet and dropped $130 for two seats in sec 203. Will be my first Buff game not in the student section. It will be interesting standing around all the old folks sitting on their hands... actually it will be nice to sit down for a while and not get hit n the eye with marshmallow projectiles.

Hopefully there won't be too many lambs around.

3. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Double

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I paid a ****load for mine too. As did 7 of my out of state friends. One ticket cost more than my flight to denver, and we got the cheap seats at 66 doll hairs.

5. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I haven't been to a game since 62-36... Since then I graduated, became poor, moved around alot, flew airplanes and became even more poor, then got a real job and thought I could afford to go again. Geeez, the prices are way too much. I was thinking $75 should get two tix in a reasonable location. Cheapest seats I see on the website is $50 for back of the endzone. No wonder there are so many empties all the time. Oh well, we better win damnit!!

6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

It is a wild unsubstantiated rumor but oh well: I've heard that the years we play *ebraska at home the ticket prices to all home games increase on sites like stubhub. The reason I've heard for this is that *ebraska buys season tickets and sells all but the one.

7. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

If that's true then that's way ghey. :pissed:

Any word on if they're going to do the 4 for $60 again this year for some home game?? I'd guess probably not just cuz our OOC home schedule consists of the RMS and then Wyoming... and I doubt they do it for Wyoming. :sad1:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  8. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

That makes absolutely zero sense. If there are more tickets available for resale on stubhub the price should go down.

9. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

But the problem is you can't get them at the ticket office. So finding face value tickets 2 weeks before the game is a little more difficult. But who knows. I know one group of *ebraska fans that do this but they usually sell the tickets to friends at cost or a little below cost. THey have just noticed it is cheaper to buy 2 season tickets for $360 bucks nad try to sell the rest than 2 single game CU Nu tickets at $150 bucks a piece.

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I got a card in the mail advertising 3-packs: 3 home games starting at $130. I don't see this offer on the cubuffs.com so you might have to call them for that one.

11. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Nice. Thx for the heads up. :thumbsup:

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

That is what I paid for my 3-packs.... I have **** seats tho :lol:

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

OK, what am I missing here? You can buy a 3-pack for $130, which comes to $43/game, or you can by an entire season ticket for $180, which is $30 per game.

The $30/game tickets are not awful. Why are there still any left? :confused:

14. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

You expected the corn to be conversant in economics?

15. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Part of the problem is most of the games don't have times. If the AD would grow a pair and just set the times in advance, I bet it would help. I know we have to bow down to the television gods and their schedules but for a lot of people, buying some of the most expensive college football tix in the country for a game that could start in the morning or evening is a bit too much to ask.

16. sackman

$30 is one of the most expensive tickets in the country? :confused:

The AD could come out and say all games are 1:30 unless there's an announcement to the contrary. That's pretty much what they did a while back. I don't see how that would make any difference.

I still don't get it.

17. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

The AD has no say in the matter. The conference Television contracts give the networks the right to pick games and time slots - usually done about 2 weeks before the game during the season. Since TV is paying millions for the broadcast rights it is probably fair.

18. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Easy fix for that .... just figure on starting tailgating at 8 AM for every game. Voila......you have a start time. And doing that you probably won't give a hoot about the end time.

19. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Also, if you're buying a season ticket package, does it really matter if you know all of the game times before the season starts?

20. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Hey, I'm just saying your average person wants to know what they are buying before they fork over the cash.

21. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

does anyone know if a CSU student can use a student ticket for the CU game? Or do you have to be a CU student to use, since it's in Boulder? Neighbor kid goes to CSU but wants to go to game and doesn't have a ticket. There's always student tickets being scalped cheap at the game.....

22. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

They probably can... the question is, why would they? Unless they like getting their ass kicked, it would not be a good idea. Unless the neighbor kid has unbeleivably large tits. In which case--- maybe.:smile2:

23. sackman

The average "person", maybe. The average Buff fan doesn't give a rat's ass about what time a game starts. Just make sure we get to the tailgate on time.