What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Props to some unknown CU admin department

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I honestly don't know who to thank for this, but it needs to be acknowledged. Apparently, the Colorado liquor board made some kind of stink about the proximity of tailgates to Farrand Hall. Now, we can debate the idiocy of that issue until we're blue in the face. My sense of it is that CU also thought it was idiotic, but was not in a position to do much about it. At least that's what I thought. CU was able to do something about it, which was to enlarge the "sidewalk" that runs along the Northern edge of Farrand Hall.

attachment.php

So you can see here that they made the sidewalk exactly 10 feet wide. Why ten feet? Because that's the standard size for a tailgate tent. CU had to spend upwards of $10,000 to do this, and I, for one, am really grateful. They could have been assholes. They could have thrown up their hands and said there was nothing they could do. They could have closed down our part of the lot for tailgating altogether. Instead, they built us a nice patio for our tailgate parties. I'd love to find the person who came up with this idea and shake his/her hand and buy him/her a beer. This is customer service at it's finest, IMO.

:congrats:

So that's what they've been doing over there...makes sense. Well, at least the recognize that...

Please. they only did this out of fear of allbuffs and our 10k/week unique visitors.

Seriously, that's pretty awesome. Too bad the grass had to pay for the CLB's stupidity.

Yeah I noticed that last night, pretty cool of them to do that. And as always thanks Sackman for putting on the Sackygate the jambalaya was great, just wish I was able to arrive sooner.

Great to see the school did something right with this.

I encourage everyone to send a thank you to Mike Bohn and ask him to forward it to whomever was involved in taking care of us fans in this way.

I need to talk with Truly Superior, but I may be able to hook that up. If Sacky is interested.

The last thing I need right now is something more to bring to the tailgates. If we ever are able to get an extra parking pass, this may be an option.

Still kinda pissed that we couldn't get that extra pass. The lot is never full. Technically, it's "sold out", but it's NEVER full.

I honestly don't know who to thank for this, but it needs to be acknowledged. Apparently, the Colorado liquor board made some kind of stink about the proximity of tailgates to Farrand Hall. Now, we can debate the idiocy of that issue until we're blue in the face. My sense of it is that CU also thought it was idiotic, but was not in a position to do much about it. At least that's what I thought. CU was able to do something about it, which was to enlarge the "sidewalk" that runs along the Northern edge of Farrand Hall.

attachment.php

So you can see here that they made the sidewalk exactly 10 feet wide. Why ten feet? Because that's the standard size for a tailgate tent. CU had to spend upwards of $10,000 to do this, and I, for one, am really grateful. They could have been assholes. They could have thrown up their hands and said there was nothing they could do. They could have closed down our part of the lot for tailgating altogether. Instead, they built us a nice patio for our tailgate parties. I'd love to find the person who came up with this idea and shake his/her hand and buy him/her a beer. This is customer service at it's finest, IMO.

:congrats:

[video=youtube_share;4OT_kw48rI4]http://youtu.be/4OT_kw48rI4[/video]

Stupid bike racks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - I take back everything I said. Dammit, I am really starting to hate CU. Bastards are doing everything they possibly can to drive off fans. Simply astounding.

Yeah - I take back everything I said. Dammit, I am really starting to hate CU. Bastards are doing everything they possibly can to drive off fans. Simply astounding.

Sorry to rub salt in this wound, Sacky. You are one of the good guys.

Back