What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Props to the Geology Prof!

In high school my math teacher was also my football coach. That classroom scene with the Buffs player sounds familiar. :huh:

Looking back it seems amusing now, but then it was embarrassing whether he ragged on me about something or complimented me in that math class.

Not a word was ever said to anybody about it back then, of course. It was just life at school.

So was she supposed to smack the kid in the store?

No, wouldn't blame her if she did though. I would have prefered some sort of disciplinary action as well as maybe an apology for her childs behavior. If my daughter (5) ever pulled some **** like that (which she wouldn't because she has been raised to be courteous and respectful) I would be embarassed and would have rectified the situation. Not with abuse, but I assure you my feelings would not have been hurt.

So was she supposed to smack the kid in the store?

She should smack herself for being such a crappy parent that would allow a kid to get to the point where he/she thought he/she could get away with pulling a stunt like that.

Good gawd, if my kid did that it would be armageddon. But both me and mrs sackman have been pretty good about making sure every time she shows signs of going down that path, we turn her around pretty quick.

There once was a time when CU could say they had a football team the geology department could be proud of.

Now, we don't even have a geology department the football team can be proud of.

This wasn't the smartest thing for the prof to do... I don't think it was wrong though and surely not bad enough for it to get the attention that it has had so far.

If anything he should apologize to the player and move on. It wasn't that big of a deal, and if it was, then our football team, and our fans are more in trouble than I thought.

Personally, I hope they keep catching hell so that it motivates the AD to do something with Hawkins.

Hmm.. the Dpt Head, Mr. Farmer, said, "...As best as I have been able to reconstruct, events did not transpire exactly as related in the article.."

Maybe the differences between the article and what transpired will be brought out.

Agreed. I'm just tired of the coddling and watching CFB turn in to the NFL. Its football, man.

On the same note, a couple stories:

My dad was just telling me that his wifes nephew is attending this new age school where they don't even give the kids grades because they don't want them to feel like anybody is better or worse than anybody else. what a fusking joke.

The mrs and I were at King Soopers the other day, and walking down the isle, some kid (3, maybe 4) sitting in the cart while his mom was eyeing up some canned goods...the little sumbitch throws a can of Tuna at the mrs hitting her in square in the ass (didn't hurt her, but that's not the point). Then, this lady proceeds to say to her son "Hey, you know it really hurts mommy's feelings when you do stuff like that." I about lost it.
They should be teaching them to say, "do you want fries with that." Seriously, those kids will be unequipped for any real job in a capitalist system.

IMO, Hawk is making these kids soft. Life is not all rainbows and butterflys, we will all have to endure criticism and adversity. Good lesson for the team. man up and take it out on the field.

Back