What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Props to Will Oliver

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
A lot of us were down on him after he missed in a key spot against CSU.

Many more of us went ballistic after his struggles at Cal.

But since then, he was absolutely lights out this year. He went 12/13 after that Cal game and his emotional manning up on the post-game podium.

76% on field goals for the season, a career best.

And he was great this year on kickoffs.

Last, he set the CU record for consecutive extra points made. If I'm remembering correctly, his active streak reached 102 on Saturday (which was like 30+ better than Mason's previous CU record).

Great senior year. It's so awesome to see a guy overcome some adversity and take his play to such a high level. He'll be missed.

Yup. Will miss him next year. Scary wildcard next year: all new kicking game

Took him for granted. Excellent college kicker. I feel we've been lucky with kickers the last decade in spite of it all.

Really impressive to see him take ownership when he did miss. Guy has the kind of character that will carry him far in this world.

You could also see when he had bad days that his teammates truly felt for him, he had the respect of those who played with him and saw him every day.

That kick he made yesterday was clutch. He was really good after the Cal game.

Very impressive guy....he mastered what I try to teach my kids....using sports as a life lesson. His handling of adversity will serve him extremely well in the future. I see him making multi-millions in business and returning as a super donor for Colorado athletics.

Great job, Will.

Very impressive guy....he mastered what I try to teach my kids....using sports as a life lesson. His handling of adversity will serve him extremely well in the future. I see him making multi-millions in business and returning as a super donor for Colorado athletics.

Great job, Will.

Holy **** you have kids.

Very impressive guy....he mastered what I try to teach my kids....using sports as a life lesson, bitches. His handling of adversity will serve him extremely well in the future. I see him making multi-millions in business and returning as a super donor for Colorado athletics.

Great job, Will.

FIFY

Earlier this season I would find it hard to say thanks. But that would be very short sided. I was bitter after that cal game, but he owned up to it. This guy has guts and I say thanks.

Will is a great buff and will be missed. Forever buff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humility is a precondition to true greatness.

That's a quote of ... well ... me. I made it up. But somehow it seems to apply to Will Oliver and how he responded after the Cal game. He "manned up" ... acknowledged that his lack of performance had possibly cost his team a game, and vowed to get better. Can't ask for much more than that. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's a quote of ... well ... me. I made it up. But somehow it seems to apply to Will Oliver and how he responded after the Cal game. He "manned up" ... acknowledged that his lack of performance had possibly cost his team a game, and vowed to get better. Can't ask for much more than that. :thumbsup:

Bragging about making up a quote about humility being necessary for greatness.

I don't prop kickers usually and he had rough times this year. Cool he stuck with it and was pretty solid. Good job.

Back