What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pros vs. The Buffs

ok, I am getting confused when we are talking about football and when we are talking about basketball.

We sit right in front of the band, blowing right in our ears all game about as bad as it can get. And well, its really not that bad, if you want to go somewhere quiet, go sit under a tree. I have even seen some people bring small babies in to our section with little baby headphones to protect their ears.

If you were going to move things around to add more students, the only real solution that I see is to squeeze the band into a smaller cramped area. I know this wont be very popular from the band's perspective, but well, other schools pack them in almost one per seat, or just have platforms for them to stand even tighter. I would also say that when the students are overflowing, so is the rest of the stadium, so I really think that they have the proportions correct as they are.

And I am only talking about Basketball, I could really care less about football at this point

ok, I am getting confused when we are talking about football and when we are talking about basketball.

We sit right in front of the band, blowing right in our ears all game about as bad as it can get. And well, its really not that bad, if you want to go somewhere quiet, go sit under a tree. I have even seen some people bring small babies in to our section with little baby headphones to protect their ears.

If you were going to move things around to add more students, the only real solution that I see is to squeeze the band into a smaller cramped area. I know this wont be very popular from the band's perspective, but well, other schools pack them in almost one per seat, or just have platforms for them to stand even tighter. I would also say that when the students are overflowing, so is the rest of the stadium, so I really think that they have the proportions correct as they are.

And I am only talking about Basketball, I could really care less about football at this point

Eventually we are going to have to be crammed together to make room for more tickets, its part of the success of Coach Boyle. Currently we have empty rows in between each row of people for our stands and cases. In baskeball band we have to use stands because we have our repertoire is so large we cant memorize them all so we need the music. Eventually (and we do this for tournaments) we will have to stand in the same row with our stands to condense the band. That would allow more students to fill in behind us. Most colleges that sell out their stadiums do two things. 1) limit the size of the band to 30 members since this is the tournament band size and 2) Either they dont play very many songs and can then memorize them, have all songs printed small enough that they use lyres and flip folders, or 3 cram them together and have them stand next to the music stands.

30 members = 1/5 of the band playing Tubas! Supa Dupa!

I wasn't sure if the area behind the band and drum platform was student or not. I've seen some older fans get riled up when students fill in behind the drums in the past...... If all that area is still free to fill, great!

Eventually we are going to have to be crammed together to make room for more tickets, its part of the success of Coach Boyle. Currently we have empty rows in between each row of people for our stands and cases. In baskeball band we have to use stands because we have our repertoire is so large we cant memorize them all so we need the music. Eventually (and we do this for tournaments) we will have to stand in the same row with our stands to condense the band. That would allow more students to fill in behind us. Most colleges that sell out their stadiums do two things. 1) limit the size of the band to 30 members since this is the tournament band size and 2) Either they dont play very many songs and can then memorize them, have all songs printed small enough that they use lyres and flip folders, or 3 cram them together and have them stand next to the music stands.
Just nail the music to the back of the head of the guy/gal in front of you.

I believe we're in the same section. I love the family that brings the baby with the headphones. Honestly, I'm thinking about switching to the other corner next year (on the opposite side of the students), but it's not a slam dunk. I'm RIGHT next to the drums, which is only a problem for non-conference games when the place is empty. It'll be quiet then all of a sudden there will be a heart attack when the drummer kicks in at full volume.

Plus it's fun watching the bass player in the alumni band.

I believe we're in the same section. I love the family that brings the baby with the headphones. Honestly, I'm thinking about switching to the other corner next year (on the opposite side of the students), but it's not a slam dunk. I'm RIGHT next to the drums, which is only a problem for non-conference games when the place is empty. It'll be quiet then all of a sudden there will be a heart attack when the drummer kicks in at full volume.

you'd be closer to the beer.

That is true, the non-conference games its pretty annoying when we are trying to talk to the people around us (older people that dont hear well), and its all quiet, then bam, full blast.

It is a small price to pay, cause at the packed games, you barely notice it. So I think the solution is to just make every game packed.

Back