What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Proud of the kids....

I really wonder why he doesn't get more touches. Should be our #1 returner with J-Fly gone. Could be that they're worried about him re-opening the hernia? Anyway, still so nice to see him go yard. He's one of those guys who makes you hold your breath every time he gets his hands on the ball.

Yeah, he just needs to work out when to kneel down and he'll be damn good.

Okay, I guess I'll go out on a limb here. Hats off to Cody for coming off the bench.....and playing pretty well. Good job.

fire away

Yes, Cody did what was asked and more when Hansen was out. Great throws and a nice TD. Always loved his effort.

Proud of the kids? Is this ****ing little league? Mother****ing ymca youth soccer? **** me! We got punked by a 3rd string QB and gave a game away. This is bull****.

Ill make it real simple, none of these kids know how to win. I dont care where hs was, this isnt hs. Did we get bs calls tonight? yes? were we supposed to win? no. Fact is these guys wouldnt know what it takes to consistently win if it knocked their jaw off. Call on BB, he is the knower of all since he is a moderator

Proud of the kids? Is this ****ing little league? Mother****ing ymca youth soccer? **** me! We got punked by a 3rd string QB and gave a game away. This is bull****.

Ouch. I'm gonna guess you were still drunk when you posted this ****? The players played a good game tonight.

I'm thinking back to a season...maybe 2000 (?) when we finished 3-8.

All of those losses were by a TD or less, except for maybe one 14 point loss.

Those were all pretty good games. I'm not talking about moral victories, and I know the W/L column is the bottom line.

But, I'm just happy when the guys play solid football, hit hard and execute their assignments.

Good effort from our Buffs tonight. Again, I'm not claiming a moral victory, but rather appreciating a hard-fought battle.

Go Buffs!

Okay, I guess I'll go out on a limb here. Hats off to Cody for coming off the bench.....and playing pretty well. Good job.

fire away

Amen. It was obvious that Cody needed to be benched, but I'm glad that (hopefully) his last action as a Buff was a succesful drive instead of the coathanger that was the KSU game.

I rest my case. Watch them they are waiting for something to go wrong becasue thats all they know. Winning is a learned skill it isnt something that is automatic. These guys dont believe and its very obvious if you know anything about any game.

..... I'm thinking back to a season...maybe 2000 (?) when we finished 3-8....

Those were all pretty good games. I'm not talking about moral victories, and I know the W/L column is the bottom line.....

I had been thinking along those lines, as well. There are some similarities.

I had been thinking along those lines, as well. There are some similarities.

I guess what I'm saying is that overall I don't see similarities.

In 2000 we were in games, and playing competitively. I was disappointed with the record.

What I saw last night reminded me of that season, but not so much otherwise.

it dont make a **** if u dont win. gut feelings are irrellevent. this is a business whether their are kids involved or not. these guys need to make the game fun instead of worrying about mistakes. no excuses, just balls to the wall like u did as kids, then we will get results.

I guess what I'm saying is that overall I don't see similarities.

In 2000 we were in games, and playing competitively. I was disappointed with the record.

What I saw last night reminded me of that season, but not so much otherwise.

This year has had it's bad moments, for sure. But both teams ('00 & '09) played pretty tough D for the most part. This year's team gives away too many big plays. Both teams had olines that were regarded as "talented", but didn't quite get it done on game day. Both teams had question marks at qb. Both teams had a stud TE who hadn't yet come into his own on the field.

The 2000 team played closer games, but remember, there weren't very many teams employing the hairs-on-fire spread offenses, yet. The 2000 team seemed more disciplined, but they also were much more vanilla on both sides of the ball. We didn't get a glimpse of what the 2000 team could really do until the final game in stincoln. We may not know what this year's team is capable of until next Friday.

Back