What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

Monday resignation is one rumor floating around. The Urban Meyer rumors are all over the place, but I think that would end badly for both parties.

OSU fans have got to be in suicide mode right now. Their #1 ranked BB team is knocked out of the tourney in the sweet 16 after they had already ordered the banner.

Now their fantasy about their honorable football team that is much purer than those cheaters in the SEC is about to either lose a coach for lying about players recieving illegal benefits and trying to cover it up. If he resigns they lose their hero and have to find a new coach who gets to start the year with five of the best players on the bench for five games. They also have the ultimate decision of the NCAA hanging over their heads and with what happened to USC they can't be sure that they will get the "favored big school" treatment.

OSU fans have got to be in suicide mode right now. Their #1 ranked BB team is knocked out of the tourney in the sweet 16 after they had already ordered the banner.

Now their fantasy about their honorable football team that is much purer than those cheaters in the SEC is about to either lose a coach for lying about players recieving illegal benefits and trying to cover it up. If he resigns they lose their hero and have to find a new coach who gets to start the year with five of the best players on the bench for five games. They also have the ultimate decision of the NCAA hanging over their heads and with what happened to USC they can't be sure that they will get the "favored big school" treatment.

You are dreaming. I have a friend that is a solid OSU fan and he doesn't see the football scandal the way you do. We don't know what will happen, and it doesn't matter until the NCAA rules. I think Ohio State is a very flawed program right now and presents the honchos some real dilemmas.

I was loving everything about the tire fire burning in Columbus, until the thought crossed my mind that the Nubs may have a legit chance at the Big 10 in their first year. That would be unbearable. Suddenly I'm becoming a Badger fan.

You are dreaming. I have a friend that is a solid OSU fan and he doesn't see the football scandal the way you do. We don't know what will happen, and it doesn't matter until the NCAA rules. I think Ohio State is a very flawed program right now and presents the honchos some real dilemmas.

This friend of yours sounds delusional. Crazy even. Like perhaps he's completely disconnected from reality?

I was loving everything about the tire fire burning in Columbus, until the thought crossed my mind that the Nubs may have a legit chance at the Big 10 in their first year. That would be unbearable. Suddenly I'm becoming a Badger fan.

Don't worry, the "Nubs" will not win the Big Ten in their first year. The schedule that the Big Ten gave as a welcoming present is brutal. Michigan, Penn St., Ohio St. Wisconsin and Iowa all in the same year. Nasty!

Meh. To be honest, I really don't care anymore. If the Nubs win the Big 10(12), it's no skin off my nose.

Don't worry, the "Nubs" will not win the Big Ten in their first year. The schedule that the Big Ten gave as a welcoming present is brutal. Michigan, Penn St., Ohio St. Wisconsin and Iowa all in the same year. Nasty!

You know all those teams are in your conference now, right? Chances are you're going to have a lot of years where you play all of them...

I agree with you, I think Buckeye fans are rationalizing this hardcore. Now Tressel is the rogue coach who "did nothing wrong but lie" and those lies "never resulted in any extra wins" but the lies nevertheless tarnished a great program. If he resigns (I'll still have to see it to believe it), then the program goes back to being Snow White.

"Never resulted in any extra wins." Are you freaking kidding me Buckeye fans?

You know all those teams are in your conference now, right? Chances are you're going to have a lot of years where you play all of them...

I doubt it. Only for the first few years.

How is it going to feel being the whipping boy for Oregon, UCLA, USC, Arizona and Washington? Good luck!

How is it going to feel being the whipping boy for Oregon, UCLA, USC, Arizona and Washington? Good luck!

Not only do most of the road game destinations in the Big X suck in the fall/winter but then your nubs get on an airplane and return to Stinkin. Given a choice of going 0-12 every year or living in Nebraska, I would cheer for 0-12 :)

Actually I think the move for kNU will be a good one, getting away from the Big Texas league will be a good thing. No more Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas to beat up on but Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota somewhat make up for those gimmee wins. With the pathetic OOC schedule kNU plays getting your six wins and a bowl shouldn't be a huge problem giving the fans a reason to escape for warmer climes every year in bowl season.

Not only do most of the road game destinations in the Big X suck in the fall/winter but then your nubs get on an airplane and return to Stinkin. Given a choice of going 0-12 every year or living in Nebraska, I would cheer for 0-12 :)

Actually I think the move for kNU will be a good one, getting away from the Big Texas league will be a good thing. No more Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas to beat up on but Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota somewhat make up for those gimmee wins. With the pathetic OOC schedule kNU plays getting your six wins and a bowl shouldn't be a huge problem giving the fans a reason to escape for warmer climes every year in bowl season.

The thing is, at Nebraska the fans expect 9 to 10 wins minimum.

The OCC schedule for the next few years shows Nebraska playing Wyoming, Fresno St., UCLA and Southern Miss. Comparable to who the Buffs play in their OOC schedule, which includes CSU, Fresno St. and Ohio St. Several common opponents I see. Will make for some interesting football watching if you ask me, and some friendly bantering on this board too.

At least we aren't whining about having to play the good teams in our new conference.

You probably would be happier if you joined the Sun Belt. But then where would you look for OOC games?

At least we aren't whining about having to play the good teams in our new conference.

You probably would be happier if you joined the Sun Belt. But then where would you look for OOC games?

A big LOL from me here! Not one Nebraska fan is whining about having to "play the good teams in our new conference". It's actually the opposite. Everyone is looking forward to playing in some of the largest stadiums in the country. Taking on the challenges that come with it too.

Here's the comparison with last year's records. The nubbies have a good conference schedule, but as usual more than make up for it with their non-conference lineup (and they have 7 home games out of 12). Edit: Note the nubs top 3 in conf were 35-5 last year, CU's were 34-5.

Colorado
@ Hawaii (10-4)
California (5-7)
@ Invesco Colorado State (3-9)
@ Ohio State (12-1)

Washington State (2-10)
@ Stanford (12-1)
@ Washington (7-6)
Oregon (12-1)
@ Arizona State (6-6)
USC (8-5)
Arizona (7-6)
@ UCLA (4-8)
@ Utah (10-3)

Non-conference: 30-21 .588
Conference: 71-46 .606
Overall: 101-67 .601
Home games: 5 out of 13 (one on a neutral field)

Nebraska
Tennessee at Chattanooga (6-5)
Fresno State (8-5)
Washington (7-6)
@ Wyoming (3-9)

@ Wisconsin (11-2)
Ohio State (12-1)
@ Minnesota (3-9)
Michigan State (11-2)
Northwestern (7-6)
@ Penn State (7-6)
@ Michigan (7-6)
Iowa (8-5)

Non-conference: 24-25, .489 including a D-2
Conference: 66-37, .641
Overall: 90-62, .592
Home games: 7 out of 12

Last edited:

I agree. Have a friend that is a big OSU fan and he is convinced that this is all a big media conspiracy. And he does not think that the players, coaches, AD, or anyone else did anything wrong.

The thing is, at Nebraska the fans expect 9 to 10 wins minimum.

The OCC schedule for the next few years shows Nebraska playing Wyoming, Fresno St., UCLA and Southern Miss. Comparable to who the Buffs play in their OOC schedule, which includes CSU, Fresno St. and Ohio St. Several common opponents I see. Will make for some interesting football watching if you ask me, and some friendly bantering on this board too.
You forgot to mention Tennessee-Chattanooga on Nebraska's schedule... and your obligatory backhanded "good luck."

Here's the comparison with last year's records. The nubbies have a good conference schedule, but as usual more than make up for it with their non-conference lineup (and they have 7 home games out of 12). Edit: Note the nubs top 3 in conf were 35-5 last year, CU's were 34-5.

Colorado
@ Hawaii (10-4)
California (5-7)
@ Invesco Colorado State (3-9)
@ Ohio State (12-1)

Washington State (2-10)
@ Stanford (12-1)
@ Washington (7-6)
Oregon (12-1)
@ Arizona State (6-6)
USC (8-5)
Arizona (7-6)
@ UCLA (4-8)
@ Utah (10-3)

Non-conference: 30-21 .588
Conference: 71-46 .606
Overall: 101-67 .601
Home games: 5 out of 13 (one on a neutral field)

Nebraska
Tennessee at Chattanooga (6-5)
Fresno State (8-5)
Washington (7-6)
@ Wyoming (3-9)

@ Wisconsin (11-2)
Ohio State (12-1)
@ Minnesota (3-9)
Michigan State (11-2)
Northwestern (7-6)
@ Penn State (7-6)
@ Michigan (7-6)
Iowa (8-5)

Non-conference: 24-25, .489 including a D-2
Conference: 66-37, .641
Overall: 90-62, .592
Home games: 7 out of 12

Great work. Glad you posted these numbers. It will be interesting to review them and compare how things look after the season is played.

Great work. Glad you posted these numbers. It will be interesting to review them and compare how things look after the season is played.

You're like a bat **** crazy ex-girlfriend. It's over, go away, we found someone far more attractive, less crazy, and waaaaaayyyy more fun to visit. Shoo.

A big LOL from me here! Not one Nebraska fan is whining about having to "play the good teams in our new conference". It's actually the opposite. Everyone is looking forward to playing in some of the largest stadiums in the country. Taking on the challenges that come with it too.

So when you say "not one Nubraska fan is whining about" that schedule, what you mean is that you aren't the only fusker whining about it?

So when you say "not one Nubraska fan is whining about" that schedule, what you mean is that you aren't the only fusker whining about it?

It's the deep down self-loathing thing. They can't shake cause they know being a Nub fan is wrong, so they disassociate.

Back