What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PSU AD charged with perjury, ex-DC indicted on felony sex crimes against minors

Yep. This sucks.

On the other hand, without knowing more information, it still appears that some folks at PSU were in a position to protect protect children, but instead made the more comfortable decision. I'll be very surprised if this doesn't get worse, and shine a light of cowardice and shame on Penn State's Leadership.

This is the crux of the whole situation. Having spent years working with at risk youth I have seen the way this kind of stuff devastates lives. If an adult makes decisions to mess up their own life I don't like it but that is a choice they make and they pay the consequences for it. Of course family, friends, associates, and the tax payer can eventually end up being impacted but most of the damage is inflicted on the one who makes the choices.

With kids you are talking about things here that literally destroy lives. The choice of an adult can and does lead kids into drug addiction, phycological problems, failure in school and future relationships, and even to self-mutilation and suicide. The victims of these decisions by these twisted adults often follow into criminal and abusive activity themselves often becoming abusers, rapist, etc.

Considering the consequences to others of the failure to stop a monster like this from what he did to these kids there is no excusing a failure to take the steps to protect future victims. Those who knew should get hammered to the full extent of the law, those who didn't know because they choose to not follow up on information that was in front of them have no excuses either.

This is a matter of kids lives

You are still mad Va- Gina Carter ran all over Oregon in 1994.

I was 4 years old and did not even live in the States at the time. That and I do not care for Duck football games that did not happen in my lifetime and I try not to live in the past. Oh and I have no idea who the Carter guy is if that helps lol

I was 4 years old and did not even live in the States at the time. That and I do not care for Duck football games that did not happen in my lifetime and I try not to live in the past. Oh and I have no idea who the Carter guy is if that helps lol

I'm not even that old and this posts makes me feel really old. :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I think Joe Pa should resign...now. There is nothing he can do to untarnish his image now. Go away. Go away soon. Enjoy what is left of your life, but rest assured most everyone is going to remember you as the doddering old man who protected, allegedly, his pedophile buddy at the expense of young boys.

Google Ki-Jana Carter..... He and Rashan Salaam went to the pros together as can't miss prospects..... Well, they both kinda missed.....

Google Ki-Jana Carter..... He and Rashan Salaam went to the pros together as can't miss prospects..... Well, they both kinda missed.....

I will make sure to do that right after I update the cheerleader thread in a bit.

Now back on topic I have a hard time imagining Joe Pa sticking around after this year. If the university is smart they will get rid of anyone connected with this situation and try to rebuild their reputation. It will be a tough task because this is one of the more despicable crimes and this will stick with Penn State for a long time.

Oh man, Penn St. what were you thinking? If this gets any worse, it will be nuke it from orbit time....

Could this possibly get bad enough for the university that they are forced to shut down all football related activites for a certain amount of time?

I doubt it will cause the program to shut down. It could be so bad that only a top to bottom (no pun intended) housecleaning will even begin to get Penn St. out of the mess....

Could this possibly get bad enough for the university that they are forced to shut down all football related activites for a certain amount of time?

The toughest part about that is I fail to see why punishing the current players would help solve anything. The current players had nothing to do with those situations and had no knowledge of them. I would like to see the NCAA or someone stepping in to clear out everyone in the Athletic Department and starting over.

The toughest part about that is I fail to see why punishing the current players would help solve anything. The current players had nothing to do with those situations and had no knowledge of them. I would like to see the NCAA or someone stepping in to clear out everyone in the Athletic Department and starting over.
The NCAA should grant the current players the ability to transfer anywhere outside of the B1G free of penalty. I sure as hell wouldn't send my son anywhere near PSU for the foreseeable future.

The NCAA should grant the current players the ability to transfer anywhere outside of the B1G free of penalty. I sure as hell wouldn't send my son anywhere near PSU for the foreseeable future.

You've got a kid, Tini?

It is a nice idea of the NCAA doing something positive for the players like allowing them to transfer, but this is the NCAA we are talking about. They are more worried about protecting their business than helping out the student athletes they are supposed to represent.

Deadspin reporting that PSU allowed Sandusky run an overnight football camp for ages 4-9 at its campus.

http://deadspin.com/5856887/as-rece...on-penn-state-campuses?tag=penn-state-scandal

Great response in the comments section that sums up my opinion of the NCAA:

Well, reportedly some of the anal rape victims were given gifts and promissed to be welcomed walk-ons. At the very least there are recruiting violations. So I'm certain the NCAA will not rest until these kids are permanently stripped of collegiate eligibility.

You've got a kid, Tini?
Hell no, but I imagine the reactions from prospective athletes/students from parents will be 10x worse than the reaction from parents during the CU scandal.

It is a nice idea of the NCAA doing something positive for the players like allowing them to transfer, but this is the NCAA we are talking about. They are more worried about protecting their business than helping out the student athletes they are supposed to represent.
And PSU is a cash cow for them.

Hell no, but I imagine the reactions from prospective athletes/students from parents will be 10x worse than the reaction from parents during the CU scandal.

And PSU is a cash cow for them.

I would also hope that the major donors for PSU take their regular donations and use them for something other than PSU. Maybe they could take the money they would normally give to PSU and donate to a fund that helps children who were molested.

The only way for them to get back out in front of this is to clean house (with clorox) and bring in new leadership that is far removed from the existing university leadership. It may be too late at this point but I am not sure what other options they still have. The longer they are left to look like they are reacting to press releases, the worse it is going to get.

The only way for them to get back out in front of this is to clean house (with clorox) and bring in new leadership that is far removed from the existing university leadership. It may be too late at this point but I am not sure what other options they still have. The longer they are left to look like they are reacting to press releases, the worse it is going to get.
Dan Hawkins is availiable.

The only thing I can come up with is that he is trying to keep from being isolated from Perv St. Maybe if people think PSU whenhe is on trial, he'll be more leniently treated. Actually, though he probably believes he did nothing wrong. I have read pedophiles often think there is nothing wrong with what they do, it is just "misunderstood".

Really hard for me to comment on this since my son has the age range of the alleged victims. It's just unthinkable to me. All involved deserve what they get if all this is true. I dont see how that GA didnt beat him to within a inch of his life and then want to even get a job there, I couldnt have done that. I mean, is that right, the guy that saw the shower incident is still there?

Back